ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa vs Michigan

unrelated side tangent: My dad’s high school team beat Sem in a tiebreaker meet for the 1956 district title. So about every other dual we watch together, Bartlett being from Sem triggers that story. I’m seriously considering donating to Wyoming Sem just to keep that happening.

Reactions: hlstone
unrelated side tangent: My dad’s high school team beat Sem in a tiebreaker meet for the 1956 district title. So about every other dual we watch together, Bartlett being from Sem triggers that story. I’m seriously considering donating to Wyoming Sem just to keep that happening.
Treasure the Dad conversations! I would give almost anything for one more…..

There’s a certain type of female that is attracted to the bad boys.

Key word female. I distinguish between women (mature, sober) and mere females.

The thing with the Fiat is he's a caricature of a bad boy, with his overdone self-promotion.
I actually think younger girls (highschool) often gravitate towards the charismatic, ego centric, bad boy, then they grow out of that a bit as they age through college.

AJ is definitely a bad boy, but when any women realizes on top of that, he spends more time adoring himself in the mirror, than they do, and that they are little more than a play thing.... I think it takes a special kind of emotional dysfunction in a woman to want to be tied to that kind of man.

You've heard we deserve the politicians we elect? Well, any woman who hitches her carriage to that horses ass, deserves everything she will get. That's probably too strong. Noone deserves that douche bag, but noone should be surprised by what they get with it.

Need pics or this isn’t true😂😂😂
GettyImages-114655271.jpg

So do I!! I’ll bet it isn’t as easy as it looks. Those modern day locomotives put out something like 10,000 HP and they are hauling thousands of tons of freight. There’s a lot of responsibility for the guy who works the throttle and brakes.

Look at my profile picture. That's me in an "F unit", where I was the assigned fireman (a fireman on a diesel is as useless at teats on a bull) Picture was taken in 2010 by an Amtrak engineer on a busman's holiday before the complete prohibition on electronic devices along the Pocono mainline. The typical modern unit is 4400HP, and once the MU cable is connected two or more act as one.

What you said is absolutely true and <i>Unstoppable</i> is complete bullshit. And yes, they have brakes, but remember it can take a mile a 10K ton to stop from speed.

Sem is interesting, it's actually has two schools; one part is in Kingston, the other is in the adjoining Forty-Fort. If you pass by it on Wyoming Ave (Route 11); you just see a building that typified the multistory brick school building that was typical of the early 20th century schools that seem now to be replaced by monstrosities such as the new Wilkes Barre Area HS that replaced the three Wilkes Barre High Schools (Coughlin, GAR and Myers, all of which has pretty storied wrestling histories).

There's a couple of NEPA natives on this board and they can probably attest that it might be pricey, but it tends to be a springboard for bigger things.

My wife's family has known a family named Bittenbender for a long time. The father was, I believe either a neurologist or a neurosurgeon. One son, Fritz was the Secretary of Administration and Chief of Staff for Governor Ridge in his late 20's or early 30's and is now a corporate executive. His sister, Emily has a construction company in Philadelphia. If you go to the Constitution Center in Philadelphia, you'll see a plaque on the wall, with the name Bittenbender on it. Their mother took up gourmet cooking when she retired.

I'm sure that the Sem pipeline is not only producing great wrestlers; but academically prepared students.

As for the significance of the Wyoming Valley, The Lehigh Valley Railroad named their last steam locomotives "Wyomings", no doubt because of the money they made hauling black diamonds (anthracite coal) out of the area. They did not name any of their locomotives "Lehighs"
From my understanding they get their fair share of international kids as well. It is a special place for very gifted individuals academically they get the best of the best. Outstanding institution for educating young minds period

From my understanding they get their fair share of international kids as well. It is a special place for very gifted individuals academically they get the best of the best. Outstanding institution for educating young minds period
North Carolina 141 Lachlan McNeil wrestled at Sem, is from Canuckistan.

Reactions: BruceK-PSU83
North Carolina 141 Lachlan McNeil wrestled at Sem, is from Canuckistan.
I did some background on seminary once when they became the big talk in the prep wrestling scene. Looks like on expensive school no doubt but they really touted the academic side of what these kids do there and there's no doubt they are producing the next generation of world leaders. These kids are smart and creative.

I did some background on seminary once when they became the big talk in the prep wrestling scene. Looks like on expensive school no doubt but they really touted the academic side of what these kids do there and there's no doubt they are producing the next generation of world leaders. These kids are smart and creative.

I don't know about you, but I've pretty much had my fill of "world leaders" in the past couple decades. I guess I lack the requisite ovine DNA to want to be a follower.

I actually think younger girls (highschool) often gravitate towards the charismatic, ego centric, bad boy, then they grow out of that a bit as they age through college.

AJ is definitely a bad boy, but when any women realizes on top of that, he spends more time adoring himself in the mirror, than they do, and that they are little more than a play thing.... I think it takes a special kind of emotional dysfunction in a woman to want to be tied to that kind of man.

You've heard we deserve the politicians we elect? Well, any woman who hitches her carriage to that horses ass, deserves everything she will get. That's probably too strong. Noone deserves that douche bag, but noone should be surprised by what they get with it.
They don’t all grow out of it, why do serial killers in prison have woman sending them their info all the time?

They don’t all grow out of it, why do serial killers in prison have woman sending them their info all the time?

For the same reason our wives married us. "He's rough around the edges, but I can change him"

Some confuse rough with jagged and dangerous.

Also the old adage:

Women marry men thinking they'll change.
Men marry women thinking they won't.

Don’t forget about Sealey too.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel
The weekly TV show called B1G wrestling and beyond was very good this week. The 30 minute show on the b10 network had some nice highlights of last week's iowa match.

Adding “marriage advice” to my list of reasons why I love this board.

You could do worse than to take advice from a guy who met his wife, broke up (the day before Valentine's Day) thinking "I can replace you", spent ten years trying, only to get back with her and have the big 2-0 in the front windshield.

Oh yeah, she watches wrestling with me on occasion. She put up with me bringing filthy clothes from old locomotives from my unpaid job for 15 years. Both of us went through the hell of losing a sibling. I learned early on, and embraced the idea that 50-50 is bullshit-It might be the average, but there'll be long stretches were where its 100-0 or 0-100, such as when she suffered through my recovery from malpractice and waited on me hand and foot, while my pink lemonade blood had me thinking of quitting.

It's absolutely true that a man that finds a good wife has found a treasure, whether you are religious or not.

Please pay my invoice promptly.

Don’t forget about Sealey too.

Piece of unsolicited advice. If your Dad was in high school in 1956, he's in his 80's. Get those stories recorded, because when he's gone-you'll actually want to hear "shut that damn door, I'm not heating the neighborhood" and "turn off that light, I don't have PP&L stock" in addition to his old stories. Sit him down and record them. You'll be glad you did, or if you don't, you'll regret it like me.

You could do worse than to take advice from a guy who met his wife, broke up (the day before Valentine's Day) thinking "I can replace you", spent ten years trying, only to get back with her and have the big 2-0 in the front windshield.

Oh yeah, she watches wrestling with me on occasion. She put up with me bringing filthy clothes from old locomotives from my unpaid job for 15 years. Both of us went through the hell of losing a sibling. I learned early on, and embraced the idea that 50-50 is bullshit-It might be the average, but there'll be long stretches were where its 100-0 or 0-100, such as when she suffered through my recovery from malpractice and waited on me hand and foot, while my pink lemonade blood had me thinking of quitting.

It's absolutely true that a man that finds a good wife has found a treasure, whether you are religious or not.

A wife of noble character who can find?
She is worth far more than rubies.
Her husband has full confidence in her
and lacks nothing of value.
She brings him good, not harm,
all the days of her life.

and

The man who finds a wife finds a treasure, and he receives favor from the LORD .

Piece of unsolicited advice. If your Dad was in high school in 1956, he's in his 80's. Get those stories recorded, because when he's gone-you'll actually want to hear "shut that damn door, I'm not heating the neighborhood" and "turn off that light, I don't have PP&L stock" in addition to his old stories. Sit him down and record them. You'll be glad you did, or if you don't, you'll regret it like me.
When my Dad was 15 he ran away from home in Missouri and hopped on boxcar trains all the way to Oregon to join his older siblings. I sat down with him one day and picked his brain about it and wrote down the story. I'm so glad I did. There was so much more to the story than I originally knew and all of that would have been lost if I hadn't taken the time to get the complete story from him.

Reactions: creamery freak
I learned early on, and embraced the idea that 50-50 is bullshit-It might be the average, but there'll be long stretches were where its 100-0 or 0-100...
I think this is one of or he most important things that newlyweds need to learn. If you both expect it to be 50-50 you will both be disappointed.

Reactions: Pitchfork Rebel

Yes he is. Stop arguing with him.

I have a rather high threshold for a-hole. Fiat is lord god a-hole.

Today he's posting verses of defilement; and if he did what he was accused of; that was defilement.

A reminder the Bard's words were apt.

"spent ten years trying, only to get back with her and have the big 2-0 in the front windshield."

I've read it a few times and still have no clue. What does this mean? : )

"spent ten years trying, only to get back with her and have the big 2-0 in the front windshield."

I've read it a few times and still have no clue. What does this mean? : )

He broke up with his girlfriend thinking he could do better, spent 10 years unsuccessfully trying to find a better partner, then married his original girlfriend and is now approaching their 20th wedding anniversary.

He can correct me if I got it wrong, but that is how I read it.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT