ADVERTISEMENT

PSU finishing during recruiting

blion72

Jan 1, 2010
listening to Phil & Jed last week, a caller (I think Jeff from Phil??) pointed out that PSU has had trouble closing out the recruiting during Dec-Feb the last few years. great start but slow finish.

do you think this is an accurate observation? we certainly missed some priority guys at positions of need in the last few weeks. not sure i can generalize from that though, and i personally not recall our performance the last few years.

if you think this is true, is it just random or some underlying factor?

listening to Phil & Jed last week, a caller (I think Jeff from Phil??) pointed out that PSU has had trouble closing out the recruiting during Dec-Feb the last few years. great start but slow finish.

do you think this is an accurate observation? we certainly missed some priority guys at positions of need in the last few weeks. not sure i can generalize from that though, and i personally not recall our performance the last few years.

I don’t think it’s accurate in the slightest. Just in the last few cycles, we’ve “closed late” (whatever that means, anyway) and landed the following four and five stars: Rasheed Walker, Micah Parsons, Noah Cain, Jayson Oweh, D’Von Ellies, and Jahan Dotson - not to mention sealing the deal on John Dunmore.

To the larger point, though, I don’t really see the point in depicting the staff’s ability to land and keep four and five star recruits months before signing day as any kind of weakness. It’s just the opposite.

It's not when, it's who. The staff is doing just fine, much better than fine.

Reactions: royboy
For every Tyreke Smith and Nick Cross there are three or four guys who DID committ at the end. Negative Nancy's.

I also think that the kids who wait to the last minute are looking for someone to promise them rainbows and unicorns. The kids who value a positive culture and chance to compete are already committed before the December and February LOI dates.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT