ADVERTISEMENT

PSU Recruits at Ironman

Between King of the Mountain, Powerade and Escape the Rock we should have a good idea of where Asher is before we get to the postseason.

I don’t believe he’s currently on Rath’s level but think he can absolutely go with Taylor, Kunstek and Sipes.
Agreed with all of this. But he won't be ranked ahead of at least Taylor and Kunstek until he has proven it, considering their pasts.

Reactions: CSauertiegPSU
Between King of the Mountain, Powerade and Escape the Rock we should have a good idea of where Asher is before we get to the postseason.

I don’t believe he’s currently on Rath’s level but think he can absolutely go with Taylor, Kunstek and Sipes.
Holy shit, what a schedule!! Will he have anything LEFT for postseason??🤞

Cunningham is a hammer on top! Does that make him the Cunninghammer?

Dance Party GIF by StickerGiant
Well done Pete!!

Now how bout you go back and update/edit your awesome original post of PSU guys results so we have them in one place. Thanks man

When you hear about the legendary feats of strength by Casey …. well … you gotta figure that he passed along not just genes, but, a few of his secret training techniques. A lot of that “strength stuff” does not kick in until 11th/12th grade ….. so I rather expected the kid to slow build. Looks like he is coming into his own now.
If you think Mr. Cunningham's feats of strength are impressive, check out Mrs. Cunningham...

Lilledahl in the hole on Mat 1

Gibson up now on Mat 7

Mat 2- J.Forest on deck and B.Bassett is in the hole

Last edited:
Reactions: hlstone
If you think Mr. Cunningham's feats of strength are impressive, check out Mrs. Cunningham...
Mrs C is a freaky athlete. I believe she training at the US Olympic Training Center in weight lifting, soccer and gymnastics.

Luke up
Period 1:
Luke takedown 2-0
Mendoza escape 2-1 Luke

Period 2:
Luke down
Mendoza 2 nearfall 3-2 Mendoza
Luke escape 3-3
Luke takedown 5-3 Luke
Mendoza escape 5-4

Period 3:
Mendoza down
Mendoza escape 5-5

Overtime
Luke takedown & 2 back points for the win 9-5 SV1

Forrest with an 8-6 win in SV over McCommas-Rogers, who like Mendoza is a really solid kid. Forrest trailed 4-0 in the first.

Reactions: mcpat
i think lilledahl wins anyway but mendoza not getting a full set of near fall on that tilt was terrible. somebody get that ref a protractor. would have only made the finish more exciting.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
#10 A.Cunningham vs. #6 A.Stewart
Period 1:
Stewart late takedown 2-0

Period 2:
Cunningham down
Cunningham escape 2-1
Cunningham takedown 3-2
Blood time
Stewart escape 3-3

Period 3:
Stewart down
Stewart escape 4-3 Stewart
Final: Stewart DEC Cunningham 4-3

Last edited:
Luke up
Period 1:
Luke takedown 2-0
Mendoza escape 2-1 Luke

Period 2:
Luke down
Mendoza 2 nearfall 3-2 Mendoza
Luke escape 3-3
Luke takedown 5-3 Luke
Mendoza escape 5-4

Period 3:
Mendoza down
Mendoza escape 5-5

Overtime
Luke takedown & 2 back points for the win 9-5 SV1
12-5 if a 3-pt TD

#2 Sealey vs. #3 Lockett
Period 1:
Nothing 0-0

Period 2:
Sealey down
Sealey escape 1-0

Period 3:
Lockett down
Lockett escape 1-1
Sealey takedown 3-1
Lockett escape 3-2
Illegal move Lockett 4-2
Final: Sealey DEC Lockett 4-2

Last edited:
#10 A.Cunningham vs. #6 A.Stewart
Period 1:
Stewart late takedown 2-0

Period 2:
Cunningham down
Cunningham escape 2-1
Cunningham takedown 3-2
Blood time
Stewart escape 3-3

Period 3:
Stewart down
Stewart escape 4-3 Stewart
Final: Stewart DEC Cunningham 4-3
They let Stewart stall the last 45 seconds there. I know they always do it but refs gotta stop waiting until there are only 10 seconds left to hit a guy who is being obvious for stalling. If he would have done it when he should it would have made the 3rd period matter.

Reactions: SlipperyPete12
They let Stewart stall the last 45 seconds there. I know they always do it but refs gotta stop waiting until there are only 10 seconds left to hit a guy who is being obvious for stalling. If he would have done it when he should it would have made the 3rd period matter.
Stewart was the better wrestler, when you score and are leading you earn the right to stall the last 30 seconds in my opinion. All in all it was a very enjoyable match and both wrestlers should be proud.

I didn’t think Taylor stalled all the egregiously tbh. Also didn’t think he was all that much better. Difference in the match was one takedown coming in short time compared to the other. So be it.

iowa still has a chance to ruin him too
But they will already be busy ruining the Ferrari triplets. They have a lot on their plate. Maybe they can enlist the help of Nelson Brands to work with them on some dynamic offensive attacks.

So you're saying that Iowa (not Okie State) will get Lockett?
He posted this recently. I suspect this is just a teaser -- the "I might come to your school" that recruits post at every schools' fans -- but still.

#7 N.Oneill DEC M.Gibson 6-2
Gibson wrestles for 7th

Mat 3: Cunningham in the hole

Last edited:
Reactions: danoftw
#10 Cunningham vs. #1 Ognissanti
Period 1:
Nothing 0-0

Period 2:
Cunningham down
Cunningham quick reversal 2-0
Cunningham with a hard ride