ADVERTISEMENT

PSU - Rutgers Official Game Thread

The deep throw on second down in the last series was just stupid. We have not been able to hit anything like this since MSU.

For the love of god can we put Stevens in to run some clock? Trace can’t or won’t run and is terribly inaccurate.
Agree...if Trace can’t run at this point, take him out. We need to burn clock.

So mid 4th quarter, against a team that gives up more than 230 yards rushing per game, and PSU barely has more than 100 yards on the ground. Bad game plan, execution, or both???

What's with all the showboating? Seems every time one of our defensive guys make a tackle they have to get up and do some dumb demonstration. What am I missing here? Isn't it their job to make tackles?

Reactions: MICH.Nit Fan
Hopefully our next special teams coach will realize it would be a good thing tonat least try and block the gunners on punt receiving?

I love all the guys on the team. We bitch about everyone of them from time to time. Game isn't easy especially at this level. Good games and bad. I have to say though that while 11 looks to be a great athlete, I really don't see him as a LBer. I know, I know, I know, he's a freshman and never played this position before. GOT IT! Now in the 11th game his positioning should be better, and he struggles to get off blocks. I would love to see him at DE, although I doubt that happens since we are pretty deep going into next year at DE. Yes, he has a ton of tackles, but IMO opinion his tackling technique is poor. Love the kid but hope for our sake(and his) if he wants to play at next level it will not be LB and he should be moved to DE. OK off my rant. Wanted to say this weeks ago. Just watch his angles, and first few steps.

Lesson for the youngsters. Back in the day, starting QBs never came out with many injuries. Bradshaw once played with a concussion. Trace is a throwback. I love him. I’m 74. I remember when face masks were one bar across the helmut.
The problem with your example is that Bradshaw’s normal state was similar to concussion. So no big deal.

Stop with the Rahne and Trace blaiming. This falls on Franklin. He should have already recognized the ineffectiveness of Trace. It’s nlt Trace’s fault he stinks. Same with rahne.

No way an elite coach would keep trotting out a terrible QB.

If he wants to have a shot at Ny6 trace has to sit next week. Otherwise we go 8-4. Mediocre.

So mid 4th quarter, against a team that gives up more than 230 yards rushing per game, and PSU barely has more than 100 yards on the ground. Bad game plan, execution, or both???
Rutgers knew that PSU would try to exploit their run defense so Rahne wanted to throw Rutgers off their game plan by not doing what would be expected (not running).
I love all the guys on the team. We bitch about everyone of them from time to time. Game isn't easy especially at this level. Good games and bad. I have to say though that while 11 looks to be a great athlete, I really don't see him as a LBer. I know, I know, I know, he's a freshman and never played this position before. GOT IT! Now in the 11th game his positioning should be better, and he struggles to get off blocks. I would love to see him at DE, although I doubt that happens since we are pretty deep going into next year at DE. Yes, he has a ton of tackles, but IMO opinion his tackling technique is poor. Love the kid but hope for our sake(and his) if he wants to play at next level it will not be LB and he should be moved to DE. OK off my rant. Wanted to say this weeks ago. Just watch his angles, and first few steps.
Ironically my post referenced a great tackle for loss by 11

Should be in the bag now but still it's an overall poor effort against a bad team. Any other team in the conference likely would have beaten us today.

I think someone should pin this post somewhere so we can all look back at it when he gets drafted in the first round two years from now at LB.

Reactions: step.eng69
Stop with the Rahne and Trace blaiming. This falls on Franklin. He should have already recognized the ineffectiveness of Trace. It’s nlt Trace’s fault he stinks. Same with rahne.

No way an elite coach would keep trotting out a terrible QB.
Hell, Saban benched Hurts in the middle of the National Championship Game. No reason Trace should be out there today missing some of those throws. While there are other problems on this offense, Stevens or Clifford couldn't do any worse.

Reactions: zubrus1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT