141: Storr vs Lee
149: Ma. Amine vs Berge
157: Pantaleo vs Nolf
165: L. Massa vs Joseph
174: My. Amine vs Hall
184: Cordell vs Rasheed
197: Striggow vs Nickal
285: Parris vs Cassar

I was really impressed with Michigan's lineup against the OSU. I do not see many opportunities for PSU to get bonus points in this match with Bo and Shack being the exceptions and we'll need solid efforts from the entire team. I wonder if Jason will wrestle Pantaleo more on the mat and try to work him like Zain did and sort of how he wrestled M Jordan in the semis last year? Will RBY go this week and if not who wrestles in his place? Like to hear everyone's imput and thoughts on a real barn burner match, I'm excited!

125: Mattin vs Schnupp
133: Micic vs RBY?

I was really impressed with Michigan's lineup against the OSU. I do not see many opportunities for PSU to get bonus points in this match with Bo and Shack being the exceptions and we'll need solid efforts from the entire team. I wonder if Jason will wrestle Pantaleo more on the mat and try to work him like Zain did and sort of how he wrestled M Jordan in the semis last year? Will RBY go this week and if not who wrestles in his place? Like to hear everyone's imput and thoughts on a real barn burner match, I'm excited!

This guy would like to have a word with you
nolf1.jpeg

No RBY. Won't matter.
25 UM major, 4-0 UM
33 UM fall, 10-0 UM
41 PSU dec, 10-3 UM
49 PSU dec, 10-6, UM
57 PSU dec, 10-9 UM
65 PSU dec, 12-10 PSU
74 PSU dec, 15-10 PSU
84 PSU major, 19-10 PSU
97 PSU major, 23-10 PSU
HW PSU dec, 26-10 PSU

Nolf is going to eff Pantaleo up. I think he’s had enough of the last year talk (I know I have).

Michigan matches up poorly vs PSU, because most of Michigan’s studs are covered by an elite PSU wrestler.

Bad luck of the draw for Michigan

That said, it would not be a total shock to see Michigan pull an upset, or at least an OT match at one of:
165, 174 or 285.
Would have to set the odds there around 10-20%.

141 - I like our guy, but could be a near coin-flip.

133 - Hopefully Cael rests RBY .... Micic is dominant right now. He destroyed Pletcher. RBY will be much needed vs tOSU, not so much vs UM.

Michigan matches up poorly vs PSU, because most of Michigan’s studs are covered by an elite PSU wrestler.

That said, it would not be a total shock to see Michigan pull an upset, or at least an OT match at one of:
165, 174 or 285.

133 - Hopefully Cael rests RBY .... Micic is dominant right now. He destroyed Pletcher. RBY will be much needed vs tOSU, not so much vs UM.
Lee needs to wrestle smart the entire match. He can’t have mental lapses like he’s had from time to time over the past 2 seasons. I like him a lot, but he needs to have better situational awareness.

Reactions: Afw6006
Lee needs to wrestle smart the entire match. He can’t have mental lapses like he’s had from time to time over the past 2 seasons. I like him a lot, but he needs to have better situational awareness.
I like the fact that he has shot to the right side during his last two matches..

165, 174 or 285.

With a sprained knee I highly doubt they would even think about wrestling RBY.

165, 174 or 285.

No doubt we're favored at 65, 74, and 285. But I'm thinking each of those matches will be a dogfight and go down to the wire. I'm cautiously optimistic. :)

No doubt we're favored at 65, 74, and 285. But I'm thinking each of those matches will be a dogfight and go down to the wire. I'm cautiously optimistic. :)
I believe that Cenzo Majors Massa this time around, at the beginning of the season I would not have thought this, but Massa has 3 loses this year, White (nebby) Romero (utah) shields ASU-- Massa has not got back to his RS Frosh year level, I dont know if it was the injury last year or has he just peaked. Home advantage and the way Cenzo has been wrestling---Major is a safe bet.

Really think there will be some great matches. Looking forward to 41, 57, 65, 74 and Hwt. Not sure what to expect at 49. Assuming we will lose by major at 125 and either a TF or pin at 133. If Rasheed goes should be majors or better at 184 and 197.

Reactions: diggerpup
I don't th
I believe that Cenzo Majors Massa this time around, at the beginning of the season I would not have thought this, but Massa has 3 loses this year, White (nebby) Romero (utah) shields ASU-- Massa has not got back to his RS Frosh year level, I dont know if it was the injury last year or has he just peaked. Home advantage and the way Cenzo has been wrestling---Major is a safe bet.
I don't think it is a safe bet. Massa will keep it tight. 7-3 max and wouldn't be surprised at 3-1.

It is an interesting idea... doubt they would do it just cuz it doesn't seem to happen much at the college level... biggest 'risk' to them is they wont know if RBY is out or not unless he doesn't weigh in.

Reactions: Afw6006
It is an interesting idea... doubt they would do it just cuz it doesn't seem to happen much at the college level... biggest 'risk' to them is they wont know if RBY is out or not unless he doesn't weigh in.

Also because of the weight descent rules. They would really have to wrestle up, meaning they would have to weigh in close to their normal weight class in order to wrestle there the next week.

Any chance Michigan bumps Assad or Mattin up to 133 with RBY out? Bump Micic up to 141 and Storr up to 149. They could probably win 125-149 with that lineup.
That's a real interesting idea. I'd consider it if I were Bormet. As a fan, I'd love to see Micic vs. Lee.

But the results are not nearly that clear. As-is, Michigan is probably up 10-6 or 10-7 after 149. With that change, it could be 9-3 PSU depending on who gets sent out.

First, I don't think Storr beats Berge. Second, if Micic beats Lee, he likely doesn't get bonus. Third, Assad beating Schnupp is not a gimme.

Fourth, assuming 133 cert, Giannangeli could go 133 (he hasn't wrestled 141 since the Scuffle). He beat Chaz Tucker last year, so he should beat Assad and possibly Mattin -- especially if Cael declines to start at 125 -- 80% chance of extra time to eat back up to 141.

So I'm not convinced that would actually benefit Michigan.

Cael could also throw a wrench into that by weighing in RBY. Michigan as the road team would have to send out their 133 first. Bormet could call Cael's bluff, but would he?

That's a real interesting idea. I'd consider it if I were Bormet. As a fan, I'd love to see Micic vs. Lee.

I've seen Lee vs. Micic and it wasn't pretty if you are a Nick Lee fan. Micic won 10-3 and pretty much controlled the entire match. Lee could only manage 2 escapes and a stalling point.

Granted, that was 2014 and Nick was a freshman in HS at 126 lbs. and Micic was a senior and 2x defending State Champ. It is my understanding that Nick chose that weight to face the best, but no idea if true. If he would have gone down one weight class, he'd have faced Chad Red so there was a major challenge for him either way.

It's fair to say both have improved at this point.

No RBY. Won't matter.
25 UM major, 4-0 UM
33 UM fall, 10-0 UM
41 PSU dec, 10-3 UM
49 PSU dec, 10-6, UM
57 PSU dec, 10-9 UM
65 PSU dec, 12-10 PSU
74 PSU dec, 15-10 PSU
84 PSU major, 19-10 PSU
97 PSU major, 23-10 PSU
HW PSU dec, 26-10 PSU
Agree. Matches go 8-2 in PSU’s favor.

Storr would not beat Berge. Storr is not exactly a mentally tough wrestler, but he would love having the weight excuse for his loss. The kid is an excuse machine.

Massa has looked better lately imo, and he will be up for this match, but Cenzo is just so good it probably won't matter. 285 is interesting.

Forget the exotic matchup configurations. Here's a "different" sort of exercise. Predict the most likely upset in the match, assuming "normal" lineups.

Who all is going friday?

Anyone want to go to Lettermans before?

I'm in Florida at the moment but coming back weather and airline permitting for fridays match.

Reactions: diggerpup
My crew will be there but we can't make it early enough on Friday duals to meet somewhere, stupid work schedules!!

Storr would not beat Berge. Storr is not exactly a mentally tough wrestler, but he would love having the weight excuse for his loss. The kid is an excuse machine.

Massa has looked better lately imo, and he will be up for this match, but Cenzo is just so good it probably won't matter. 285 is interesting.
The Meatchicken heavy impressed me with his ability to get to his shots against tOSU, but he didn't finish them well.

Who all is going friday?

I'm in Florida at the moment but coming back weather and airline permitting for fridays match.
No longer called Letterman’s. I think it is now called Tailgate

Who all is going friday?

Like a few others, leaving work with just enough time to get to the arena and do a few things. Next time, as I enjoy these get-togethers :). Last one though, there wasn't enough room to stand, let alone grab one adult beverage :(.

I’ll be there, taking the day off, should be there by 4:30 for dinner. Thinking of going to American Ale House, or maybe Faccia Luna.

Who all is going friday?

My brother and I will be there around 4 PM or so. Last year it was jam packed so don;t expect to be able to get a table unless you are real early. Should not be as bad as last year because it is on Friday instead of Saturday and work gets in the way for some. See Roars post.

Reactions: NoVaLion2
Is there any word if Shakur will be wrestling? Also heard on FLO,RBY could be out 3 weeks?

Is there any word if Shakur will be wrestling? Also heard on FLO,RBY could be out 3 weeks?
Media availability should be in an hour or so--we might know more then. Yeah, right. But to clarify, FRL sourced 3-4 weeks on RBY from Byers. TIFWIW.

Who all is going friday?

My wife has agreed to drive four hours with me on Friday and attend a college wrestling match on our wedding anniversary. I think I'm going to have to do better by her than pre-match beers at Letterman's. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT