ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Michigan

My wife and I will be celebrating our 44th year in July (or at least I will be). When we were married, my grandmother, who is of Pennsylvania Dutch heritage, gave us a framed needlepoint that says "Kissen don't last, Cookin Do". I'm happy to report that she was wrong. Fortunately, I've become a pretty good cook. ;)

My wife and I will be celebrating our 44th year in July (or at least I will be). When we were married, my grandmother, who is of Pennsylvania Dutch heritage, gave us a framed needlepoint that says "Kissen don't last, Cookin Do". I'm happy to report that she was wrong. Fortunately, I've become a pretty good cook. ;)
Enoigh of the sentimental crap this is a wrestling forum lol. Just kidding congrats on staying committed that long .I danced with an old lady at my wedding who had been married sixty plus years and asked her what the secret was .she said very simply .compromise .No lie and she's right .

Reactions: bwfight
Roar, any way Androcles can win the Ridge Riley award at the conclusion of Michigan dual match at BJC based on his marital longevity and fan longevity. At least have him share it with Nolf after Jason's win over Pantaleo.

Once you get that co-award down pat, use your Executive Order power to co-award the Hodge with Jason and Bo.

It would be a Win Win :p

I would love to see Michigan bump up IF RBY doesn't go. That would give Michigan wins at 125 and 133. I think Micic beats Lee at 141. Storr against Berge could be a tossup. Lets just say Storr wins. Michigan would be up 3 matches to none, but then could get shut out the next 7.

UNIVERSITY PARK, PA -- Transportation Services is issuing a parking and traffic advisory for the Penn State Wrestling match vs. Michigan scheduled for 7 p.m. Friday, Feb. 1 at the Bryce Jordan Center.

With Penn State faculty, staff and students exiting campus during the same time frame that Wrestling attendees will be arriving, heavy traffic should be expected on and near campus between 5 p.m. and 7 p.m. Friday evening. With event parking areas opening at 5 p.m. and Bryce Jordan Center gates opening at 5:30 p.m., fans are strongly recommended to arrive early for the event.

In addition to regular event parking area (Jordan East, Stadium West and Porter North), fans are encouraged to utilize additional event parking available at the East and Eisenhower parking decks. Due to expected cold temperatures, those who park in these areas will have access to complementary pre- and post-event shuttle service that will travel between the East Deck and the Bryce Jordan Center:

• Pre-event shuttle boarding between East Deck and Food Science Building
• Post-event shuttle boarding near Bryce Jordan Center Gate A (fans will be permitted to wait inside Gate A doors until shuttle arrives)

If Jordan East, Stadium West and Porter North all reach capacity, all general event traffic will be directed to the East and Eisenhower decks. Please follow the directions of roadway electronic message boards, University Police and event parking staff to reach available event parking areas.

The fee for parking at all locations will be $5 (cash only), with no fee for vehicles with a valid Wrestling parking voucher or Penn State parking permit.

SPECIAL NOTE FOR PENN STATE FACULTY/STAFF AND STUDENT PERMIT HOLDERS ATTENDING THIS EVENT

With a capacity crowd expected for this event, fans attending the event who possess a valid Penn State faculty/staff or student parking permit are encouraged to park at one of the following areas to help expedite both pre- and post-event traffic:

- Yellow H (Shields Building)
- Yellow H (Wagner Building)
- Orange B (Softball Park)
- Orange H (Hastings Road)

I would love to see Michigan bump up IF RBY doesn't go. That would give Michigan wins at 125 and 133. I think Micic beats Lee at 141. Storr against Berge could be a tossup. Lets just say Storr wins. Michigan would be up 3 matches to none, but then could get shut out the next 7.
Micic is a terrific wrestler and has made himself the odds on favorite at 133. But bumping up, presumably without adding much weight because of descent rules, and beating a top 5ish guy up 8 lbs is no guarantee. Storr isn't beating Berge at 149. Just my opinion.

i got married on the same day that zain won his first ncaa title. luckily they were showing replays of the finals on bahamas espn in between cricket matches so i was able to watch it on my honeymoon.

Reactions: danoftw

Except if Storr wins in your scenario, that would be 4 matches to none.

I agree that Micic would likely beat Lee but think Berge would likely beat Storr, but not a given.

Reactions: therod
Roar, any way Androcles can win the Ridge Riley award at the conclusion of Michigan dual match at BJC based on his marital longevity and fan longevity. At least have him share it with Nolf after Jason's win over Pantaleo.

Once you get that co-award down pat, use your Executive Order power to co-award the Hodge with Jason and Bo.

It would be a Win Win :p
Love the sentiment. Him and his lovely wife (significant other!!) will have to settle for hugs from me and Mrs. Roar...assuming we catch them in the expanse of the BJC :).

This year is my 35th, btw, for anyone interested in knowing how long my wife has tolerated me.

Under your scenario that would put Michigan up 4-0, not 3-0, if they won 125-149.

Ya'll too domesticated.

The inverse of this thread are all the random posts that:

“My wife won’t let me watch the match / stream the match / pay for FLO / pay for BTN+ / go to the match / travel to the Big Tens / buy tickets for NCAAs / drink in State College, stay in State College / etc “

:eek:

Reactions: tikk10 and danoftw
The inverse of this thread are all the random posts that:

“My wife won’t let me watch the match / stream the match / pay for FLO / pay for BTN+ / go to the match / travel to the Big Tens / buy tickets for NCAAs / drink in State College, stay in State College / etc “

:eek:
If your life partner complains about your passion for PSU wrestling, you all deserve better.

At most, PSU wrestling occurs during 5 months of a year (1/2 of Nov, 1/2 Dec, Jan, Feb and March). In these 5 months, there are maybe 20 or so days where they compete. That comes to 13% of those 5 months or 5% of the days in a year. Doesn't seem like someone who loves you should be perturbed with this amount of time. They should support you.

Let's get back to the match. Any think there is much of a chance of RBY going? I see it as unlikely but hoping he does.

Lee vs. Storr
Cassar vs. Parris
Hall vs. Amine

Those should be pretty good. I think we win all 3, I don't think Amine has quite enough to score on Hall. Lee needs a good win after the loss from a few weeks ago. I'd like to see Cassar dominate Parris and win by major or at least close to it. If he's truly a title contender, and I think he is, then I think he should be pull away from him and I don't see Parris being able to take him down.

Nolf vs. Pantaleo

If he doesn't put a whoopin on him, I'll be shocked. Next topic

Reactions: therod
I agree and am hopeful for all of the above. I would like to see RBG ;) but think if he needs the week to heal then he should take it. Hopefully whoever fills in can keep it to a low score, or even win! But that is extreme optimism.

Reactions: dsites52
How about this: Who more likely gets the fall: Nolf or Joseph? Pretty sure Joseph hit the inside trip and almost stuck Massa the last time they met

How about this: Who more likely gets the fall: Nolf or Joseph? Pretty sure Joseph hit the inside trip and almost stuck Massa the last time they met

I'll go with Nolf. Although I look forward to Cenzo vs. Massa too. Cenzo seems to have gotten a lot better since their RSFR year whereas Massa has gone through injuries. I think Cenzo wins and isn't in trouble at any point but I'll take Nolf for getting the pin. I really think he is looking to send some messages to these top guys the last few weeks.

I just cant for the life of me think massa would go upper body again.

I think hell play it real tight and close. then try for a late td.

That seems to be the coaching script against our #1 guys from the field.

I agree and am hopeful for all of the above. I would like to see RBG ;) but think if he needs the week to heal then he should take it. Hopefully whoever fills in can keep it to a low score, or even win! But that is extreme optimism.

Wait, if Ruth Bader Ginsberg is going to be there, then perhaps my wife and daughter would be interested in the match. :)

Who all is going friday?

Anyone want to go to Lettermans before?

I'm in Florida at the moment but coming back weather and airline permitting for fridays match.

I will be in SC but will be watching on TV with a friend.

Is there any word if Shakur will be wrestling? Also heard on FLO,RBY could be out 3 weeks?

No way they send RBY out against Micic. Even if RBY was healthy I fear Micic would major him with ease. If he can turn Pletcher he will hammer RBY from top.

Wait, if Ruth Bader Ginsberg is going to be there, then perhaps my wife and daughter would be interested in the match. :)

If she shows let the internet know because it's looking for her.

No way they send RBY out against Micic. Even if RBY was healthy I fear Micic would major him with ease. If he can turn Pletcher he will hammer RBY from top.

Disagree..no way a healthy RBY gets majored by Micic. IMO

A lot of people have recency bias.

RBY when fully healty is a terror for anyone at the weight. He was off at Scuffle due to reported sickness day 1. Day 2, comes out an is putting it on Gomez 8-2 before he gets caught. Against Thornton he tries an ill advised move and gets hurt. So these are recent things that's in our heads. I try to envision the best version when trying to make predictions

I'm not counting this kid out against anyone. He has the one thing that is above and beyond anyone at the weight which is speed..can't teach speed and that could give anyone problems.

Disagree..no way a healthy RBY gets majored by Micic. IMO

A lot of people have recency bias.

RBY when fully healty is a terror for anyone at the weight. He was off at Scuffle due to reported sickness day 1. Day 2, comes out an is putting it on Gomez 8-2 before he gets caught. Against Thornton he tries an ill advised move and gets hurt. So these are recent things that's in our heads. I try to envision the best version when trying to make predictions

I'm not counting this kid out against anyone. He has the one thing that is above and beyond anyone at the weight which is speed..can't teach speed and that could give anyone problems.
Recency bias goes both ways.

Micic was the best 133 in the nation last year on feet, yes better on feet than Gross, and is a JR world medalist. And he appears significantly improved this year on feet and on the mat.

Not saying he definitely bonuses RBY -- am saying he's far better than anyone RBY has faced.

Reactions: therod and danoftw
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT