ADVERTISEMENT

PSU vs Michigan

Micic appears to be on another level this season. After watching him systematically demolish Pletcher I'm not sure anybody including RBY, Fix, or Cruisliner Nick will have anything for him come tournament time.

Micic appears to be on another level this season. After watching him systematically demolish Pletcher I'm not sure anybody including RBY, Fix, or Cruisliner Nick will have anything for him come tournament time.

He also beat Paetzell from Lehigh 7-3 earlier in the year. He looked GREAT against Pletcher, no doubt, but that's the only time this year I've seen him look that good.

Not trying to take away from Micic, just saying I feel a lot of the new "Micic" looks unstoppable talk stems from a great win against a tough but in my opinion limited opponent who doesn't create the same issues as some of the other good 133lbers

I feel that was Micic on his best day and Pletcher at his worst..maybe I'm way off but that's how I view it..the great part is it will all play out

He also beat Paetzell from Lehigh 7-3 earlier in the year. He looked GREAT against Pletcher, no doubt, but that's the only time this year I've seen him look that good.

Not trying to take away from Micic, just saying I feel a lot of the new "Micic" looks unstoppable talk stems from a great win against a tough but in my opinion limited opponent who doesn't create the same issues as some of the other good 133lbers

I feel that was Micic on his best day and Pletcher at his worst..maybe I'm way off but that's how I view it..the great part is it will all play out

I kinda think Micic is smart and figures people out. He lost to Pletcher once last year and each time since has beaten him worse. He was majored by Desanto, realized what he need to do and destroyed him to the point that Desanto went Kimura and other stuff.

Edit - Is Micic a JR or SR? Looking at wrestlestat, his redshirt year was 2015(at Northwestern I think), then he sat out 2016 completely and wrestled 2017, 2018, 2019.

I know there is the whole thing where he transferred but I thought he was immediately eligible, maybe not.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dogwelder
I kinda think Micic is smart and figures people out. He lost to Pletcher once last year and each time since has beaten him worse. He was majored by Desanto, realized what he need to do and destroyed him to the point that Desanto went Kimura and other stuff.

Edit - Is Micic a JR or SR? Looking at wrestlestat, his redshirt year was 2015(at Northwestern I think), then he sat out 2016 completely and wrestled 2017, 2018, 2019.

I know there is the whole thing where he transferred but I thought he was immediately eligible, maybe not.
Different Desanto as well, It seems Micic, Desanto and RBY are 3 of the most offensive guys at 133, Pletcher...prolly the LEAST. Micic will whoop up on guys like Pletch all weekend long,but I think Desanto will give him a test, and Micic may be too savvy for RBY’s acrobatics.

well Gibbons (one of the BTN announcers) said he saw the osu practice the night before and Pletch looked really good... sharp!!

Reactions: therod

Micic took a redshirt 2015 and then took an Olympic redshirt in 2016 (past World Junior Bronze). He was granted 4 years of eligibity by B10 after transferring from NW to Michigan instead of losing a year. So, he is a Junior.

Reactions: Flying_Tiger
Micic took a redshirt 2015 and then took an Olympic redshirt in 2016 (past World Junior Bronze). He was granted 4 years of eligibity by B10 after transferring from NW to Michigan instead of losing a year. So, he is a Junior.

Correct and how Micic can be a junior and Nick Lee a sophomore, when in HS Lee was a freshman and Micic a senior.

Reactions: Dogwelder

Thanks

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT