ADVERTISEMENT

Question

Anonymous_58

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2024
Can a doctor/physical trainer tell me what does it mean when Cat scan says “You can’t rule out a superimposed infection.”

Can a doctor/physical trainer tell me what does it mean when Cat scan says “You can’t rule out a superimposed infection.”
Can’t necessarily identify infective process by CT. May be there…may not. —Needs clinical correlation exam, lab draws etc.
—If there are no real symptoms, there’s not a high likelihood of infection. ( not doctor or physical trainer). JMO

Can’t necessarily identify infective process by CT. May be there…may not. —Needs clinical correlation exam, lab draws etc.
—If there are no real symptoms, there’s not a high likelihood of infection. ( not doctor or physical trainer). JMO

- there was definitely symptoms of an infection.

- they didn’t do anytype of examine to make sure there wasn’t one. I didn’t find out about the infection until nearly a year later

- there was definitely symptoms of an infection.

- they didn’t do anytype of examine to make sure there wasn’t one. I didn’t find out about the infection until nearly a year later
If there is an absolute active infection, your doc will likely address with antibiotics. Possibly IV antibiotics if involves a joint . Good idea to see a good primary care doc and orthopedic/sports medicine. If unsatisfied with one or both, don’t be afraid to get another opinion

If there is an absolute active infection, your doc will likely address with antibiotics. Possibly IV antibiotics if involves a joint . Good idea to see a good primary care doc and orthopedic/sports medicine. If unsatisfied with one or both, don’t be afraid to get another opinion

But you not getting what I’m saying. I was never shown that CT scan report and I never got antibiotics done or nothing like that at all while I was a player at PSU. The trainers didn’t do any type of examine for that

But you not getting what I’m saying. I was never shown that CT scan report and I never got antibiotics done or nothing like that at all while I was a player at PSU. The trainers didn’t do any type of examine for that
I’m not sure why you are here asking these questions. Most aren’t qualified to answer and those that are in medical field won’t guess.

I’m not sure why you are here asking these questions. Most aren’t qualified to answer and those that are in medical field won’t guess.
And someone likely in the medical field tried to assist and that still wasn't good enough because the OP didn't provide background.

Brace Yourself Here We Go GIF by MOODMAN

Reactions: psu00
The PSU trainers never assisted me with a medical examination to determine if I had MRSA or not that’s the point.

bringing awareness to a scandal.
You're repeating information regarding an allegation
We're waiting for proof of the scandal...not you repeating yourself...just prove it and then you'll be brining awareness to it. Nothing you've said the last few days is news.

Lando whether you like it or not it’s a scandal. You just don’t want to believe the truth on how former players were treated

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT