ADVERTISEMENT

Raney Bros

It’s not exactly a secret or anything unique, but it’s been said time and again that PSU likes to recruit kids who have interests beyond wrestling.

Oftentimes that’s religion but not always. The idea is that if you lose a match or things aren’t going your way it’s not the end of the world.

Similarly, they recruit kids who enjoy the process of getting better as much as they enjoy winning for the same type of reasons.
Cael recruits kids that want to have fun

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
It might be easier if you just give us a comprehensive list of guys we should talk about more...
Well Done Good Job GIF by Robert E Blackmon

Reactions: Idahopennstatefan
I think anyone who watches these kids and knows anything about wrestling can see that they have exceptional raw talent. Varied attacks and pretty good scrambling. I like Jordan (120 at Ironman) a tad more than his brother. Jordan seems to have a bit more of a killer instinct. Admittedly, I’ve seen Jordan more but he seems to be excellent at winning positions and putting his opponents in danger. In just about all of his wins he’s getting back points.

With their length and skills I think they have a very high potential. Once they grow into their bodies, add some polish and some strength. Watch out. Would love to see them end up in Iowa. I’ll take that Jax Forrest kid as well since I’m making wishes.

I think anyone who watches these kids and knows anything about wrestling can see that they have exceptional raw talent. Varied attacks and pretty good scrambling. I like Jordan (120 at Ironman) a tad more than his brother. Jordan seems to have a bit more of a killer instinct. Admittedly, I’ve seen Jordan more but he seems to be excellent at winning positions and putting his opponents in danger. In just about all of his wins he’s getting back points.

With their length and skills I think they have a very high potential. Once they grow into their bodies, add some polish and some strength. Watch out. Would love to see them end up in Iowa. I’ll take that Jax Forrest kid as well since I’m making wishes.
Lose Willy Wonka GIF

Something tells me wrestlingmind is Raney’s dad or a Basset hater. Or maybe both. Regardless both Raney, Bassett, Forest and most brought up on this thread will have very good careers. It’s too early to predict anything for them. They are all young boys- start adding in girls, outside distractions, etc lots of things could change. I just looked Raney took 8th at super 32 and Ironman, Basset won both.

Reactions: zzs006
Shapiro was discussed plenty before he committed to Cornell.
I literally just brought him up out of nowhere last week. I think after awhile you realize you don’t get all the generational guys. There’s no need to beat the dead horse. Just because you believe people are silent towards a guy, doesn’t mean any of us don’t believe he’s a generational guy. I said last week I think he’s a bigger miss than Bassett.

I literally just brought him up out of nowhere last week. I think after awhile you realize you don’t get all the generational guys. There’s no need to beat the dead horse. Just because you believe people are silent towards a guy, doesn’t mean any of us don’t believe he’s a generational guy. I said last week I think he’s a bigger miss than Bassett.
I agree. I think him PJ Duke, and Lilledal are the best P4P kids I've seen in awhile. Forrest up there too.

ADVERTISEMENT