ADVERTISEMENT

Rec Hall observations that probably didn't come through the broadcast.

My personal favorite was about Luis Suarez. For those who don’t follow world football, Suarez is a fantastic goal scorer from Uruguay while also being a very divisive player - constantly bitching at the ref, diving and always trying to gain an edge, etc. Anyway, he also has an amazing overbite. While he played for Liverpool, the fans at rival Manchester United came up with this classic:

“Your teeth are offside, your teeth are offsiiiiiiiiiiiiiide

Luis Suarez, your teeth are offside.”
He was also known for biting players too, the guy is a psycho.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
Another observation: About 2,000 fans stayed to watch the extra match after the dual was over. I remarked to the guy next to me that most wrestling programs would kill to have half that number for a dual meet. We may be quiet, but we are extremely fond of wrestling.
There was a time that was an average sized Rec Hall crowd.

At least we had a Penn State Man at the helm!!!!

I still shake my head at our luck (I.e. Cael coming to us and seeing if we were interested). That’s like Charlize Theron seeing me at a bar and asking if she can watch the Eagles game with me and buy me a drink.
I get the analogy but Pa. is the best wrestling state with untapped potential lol. Until Cael I mean.

I still shake my head at our luck (I.e. Cael coming to us and seeing if we were interested). That’s like Charlize Theron seeing me at a bar and asking if she can watch the Eagles game with me and buy me a drink.
It was the 2nd or 3rd year of the Cael era and the place was packed. The guy sitting behind me leaned forward and ask if I was ready to send Cael back to Ames so we could go back to having plenty of room. I laughed out loud, as did he. We agreed we can tolerate all the Johnny Come Latelies. At least until DT and Eddie graduate and we fall back. At least that's what we had been told.

Who is Charlize Theron in a relationship with?

"I've been single for 10 years, it's not a long shot. Somebody just needs to grow a pair and step up," she said. "I'm shockingly available." Theron added that she's "made it very clear" that she's single. Sep 22, 2022

You forgot the lap dance at halftime

Reactions: danoftw

"I've been single for 10 years, it's not a long shot. Somebody just needs to grow a pair and step up," she said. "I'm shockingly available." Theron added that she's "made it very clear" that she's single. Sep 22, 2022
No matter how desirable a woman is, there is a guy (or another woman) somewhere that just grew completely tired of her shit.

I would love to come up with some cheers/chants for wrestling. The constant We Are's in Rec are just annoying as are those that scream out HE'S STALLING or WHAT'S HE DOING ON BOTTOM/TOP. However, I have thought about it and haven't come up with anything yet. Certainly NOT the wave and not the Iranian horns they blow on constantly.

Reactions: nerfstate
If we want a rowdy crowd, serve beer. I’m fine with it as-is (when I go).
Beer?
giphy-downsized-large.gif

Personally--I think our crowd is fine. Not superior (a more balanced demographic would help that--It'd be great if we could add 2-3k seats to an upper bowl at rec, lol)--but fine. I'm just looking for something novel to develop in the form of a chant, cheer, etc. I definitely don't have any great ideas, but the old ones just seem so stale to me. Ultimately, I think I'm just jealous of Iran's fanbase.
New Penn State AD Pat Kraft brought Guido D'Elia back this fall. I know Guido a bit and he’s a genius. He is probably the individual most responsible for improving the crowd participation at Beaver Stadium in the 00’s. Someone with connections to Pat ought to suggest that Guido come to a wrestling match and make a few suggestions to Cael and the event manager.

I would love to come up with some cheers/chants for wrestling. The constant We Are's in Rec are just annoying as are those that scream out HE'S STALLING or WHAT'S HE DOING ON BOTTOM/TOP. However, I have thought about it and haven't come up with anything yet. Certainly NOT the wave and not the Iranian horns they blow on constantly.
You guys should all buy yourselves latex bald caps and periodically don them at the same time, while chanting “We have a Plan!”

A smirk from Cael is worth the extra $27.95.

Amazon product ASIN B002D88O7I

New Penn State AD Pat Kraft brought Guido D'Elia back this fall. I know Guido a bit and he’s a genius. He is probably the individual most responsible for improving the crowd participation at Beaver Stadium in the 00’s. Someone with connections to Pat ought to suggest that Guido come to a wrestling match and make a few suggestions to Cael and the event manager.
Now we’re cookin!

I like the idea of going, "beep, beep, beep, beep" when an opposing wrestler goes into backup mode.

Reactions: Ski

It was a pretty pleasant surprise when I found out that she is fun to watch football with. :cool:

Reactions: papa_ed

I know I am in the minority but Charleze Theron at times reminds me of that hilarious Seinfeld episode about the 'two face' date Jerry had.

Depending upon the lighting she went from beautiful to Mr. Hyde-like in just a few seconds.

Charlize definitely has taken on many roles where her looks are masked, grungy with no makeup but this one sticks with me for some reason.

I know I am in the minority but Charleze Theron at times reminds me of that hilarious Seinfeld episode about the 'two face' date Jerry had.

Depending upon the lighting she went from beautiful to Mr. Hyde-like in just a few seconds.

Charlize definitely has taken on many roles where her looks are masked, grungy with no makeup but this one sticks with me for some reason.

This is where I'm at with Scarlett Johansson

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT