ADVERTISEMENT

Football REPORT: Oregon, Washington to Join the Big Ten

Too bad you can't have two Big 10 teams play in the Rose Bowl. How long until the Rose Bowl officially dissolves any ties to the PAC 12?

Reactions: jayhawks65
kristen-wiig-no-waih.gif

OblongScentedClumber-size_restricted.gif

BossyLeadingHamster-max-1mb.gif

Those 2 make sense but there is no way this is done, not even in the short term. I definitely see some push into the ACC as well and then ND will have to fold.
Probably not for many year though unless FSU is successful is challenging the GOR.

I think it's time we change the name to the Big Eighteen. In fact let's use some forward thinking and call it the Big Twenty (Add Notre Dame and one of either Syracuse or Pitt).
OK, maybe ND but no way in he!! will Syracuse or Pitt ever be invited. It should be obvious that the B1G is all about making tons of money and TV markets and those two add absolutely nothing

Too bad you can't have two Big 10 teams play in the Rose Bowl. How long until the Rose Bowl officially dissolves any ties to the PAC 12?
It appears the PAC 12 will dissolve before the Rose Bowl. I'd expect them ask to periodically host the Big 10 conference championship game.

Approximately five months.
I stand corrected… approximately 7 months ago. Penn State vs. Utah was likely the last traditional Rose Bowl. The Rose Bowl will be a playoff game the next three seasons and likely will continue to be so after that as well. They’ll possibly try to also have a “traditional“ Rose Bowl in years when they don’t host a playoff game on/near New Year’s Day, but agreements for 2026 season and beyond are not in place yet.

Oregon women's field hockey traveling 3,000 miles to play Rutgers?

The is excellent news. Now, if only the B1G can find a way to get Clemson and Florida State. That would be icing on the cake.
I’d like to see FSU, Miami, UNC, VA, ND, Stan, Cal. At 25 total schools with 10 conf games each school could keep 3 permanent rivals each year and rotate through the remaining 21 over the 3 year cycles. We could have for example ND, OSU, and Maryland as permanents. That keeps rivals and allows for other compelling games yearly.

Exactly right with the money they'll be making and I'm sure all of this has been factored in when the new West coast teams were added
And honestly, we'll could easy get small groups for Olympic sports
Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA and maybe even Nebraska/Minnesota
Nothing can't be worked out and this kind of money helps schools keep programs that cost them money.

And honestly, we'll could easy get small groups for Olympic sports
Oregon/Washington/USC/UCLA and maybe even Nebraska/Minnesota
Nothing can't be worked out and this kind of money helps schools keep programs that cost them money.
I don't think there's going to be an 18 team conference with only 4-6 teams playing each other.

Reactions: doctornick
No way!

Maybe golf and baseball will play early spring games out west instead of down south.
That's fine too. People just have to change the way they look at conferences. Truthfully they're long been outdated and now the Big Ten and SEC with the surprising help of the Big XII are making sure that happens.

Will be interesting to see how long Stanford survives as an independent.

Why would you say that?

Why would you want to limit opportunies for young men and women to further their athletic careers and all the benefits that entails.

Are you a misogynist?
I'm largely killing men's Olympics sports in my scenario not women's. If a given sport need another sport to financially support it then you either travel as necessary so they can provide the money you need or you cease to exist.

I'm largely killing men's Olympics sports in my scenario not women's. If a given sport need another sport to financially support it then you either travel as necessary so they can provide the money you need or you cease to exist.
Do you kill off the music department at a university because it doesn’t support itself financially? Why shouldn’t non revenue sports exist at universities as part of the college experience?

PSU women's sports that you seem to think are self funding:
  • Golf
  • Ice Hockey
  • Lacrosse
  • Soccer
  • Softball
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
  • Track & Field
  • Volleyball

Do you kill off the music department at a university because it doesn’t support itself financially? Why shouldn’t non revenue sports exist at universities as part of the college experience?
The only reason I can think of is to keep tuition down

Aren't people paying to go to school to learn music?

PSU women's sports that you seem to think are self funding:
  • Golf
  • Ice Hockey
  • Lacrosse
  • Soccer
  • Softball
  • Swimming
  • Tennis
  • Track & Field
  • Volleyball
Nope not self funding but title IX keeps them alive. It's the men's programs that will be cut.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT