#24 Michigan at #22 Illinois - Go Illini
#7 Alabama @ #11 Tennessee - Go Vols but I doubt it will impact PSU
#12 ND @ Ga Tech - Go Rambling Wreck
#14 A&M @ Miss State - Not much chance
#8 LSU @ Arkansas - Razorbacks have a chance here
UCF @ #9 Iowa State - UCF is bad
#17 Kansas State @ WVa - Go Mountaineers
#5 GA & #1 Texas - I hope Texas wins but it won't impact PSU

Definitely some good games this weekend.
I think Bama winning is better for Penn State but a case can be made for both
I have more faith in UCF than Arkansas which isn't saying much
K-State isn't really a threat to Penn State but WVU winning helps our SOS...Brown is under heat this week and was asked about benching Greene. Hopefully they go to Marisol...they'd have a much better shot.

#6 Miami @ #22 Louisville - Go Cardinals
Virginia @ #10 Clemson - VA is 22 pt dogs but we can hope

Alabama-Tennessee and Texas-Georgia are the marquee games, but the others you mention are all of interest.

However, you forgot one: Wisconsin-Northwestern, which I might be paying the closest attention to as it could have the most direct impact on our game next week.

I'll be on the road again this weekend so might only be able to catch the Texas-Georgia night game from a hotel room. I've got to like Texas's chances in that one. To me, the Longhorns are the only team that has separated itself from the rest of the pack this year.

Reactions: NedFromYork
UGA hasn't been an underdog in their last 49 games. That's a crazy run. Ewers 1-3 in 4 games vs top 5 teams.

Texas hasn't looked invincible, but they have put up some points on good defenses with bad offenses (Michigan, Oklahoma, I'm looking at you) and handled business vs the rest.

UGA will present their biggest challenge of the regular season. They have the athletes to keep up and can score as well. The big thing will be can Smart contain the Sark offense? Ewers isn't Milroe, and he doesn't wear a crimson uniform so I will say that they could hold Texas to less points than they did Bama...and still lose.

Big Illinois fan this weekend, but can they stop the run? Purdue was able to throw and run on them. I don't think Walters turned things around, but it could have been an Illinois letdown.

Reactions: bdgan
Of course, GT’s qb is out tomorrow against ND. Last season, Duke’s qb, who now is ND’s qb, left the game early against ND.

Definitely some good games this weekend.
I think Bama winning is better for Penn State but a case can be made for both
I have more faith in UCF than Arkansas which isn't saying much
K-State isn't really a threat to Penn State but WVU winning helps our SOS...Brown is under heat this week and was asked about benching Greene. Hopefully they go to Marisol...they'd have a much better shot.
I don't think SEC games mean much to PSU. The SEC is likely to get 4 teams. It's just a matter of who they are.

Colorado rolled over UCF. They're 22 pt underdogs for a reason. Arkansas is only a 1 score underdog.

I don't think SEC games mean much to PSU. The SEC is likely to get 4 teams. It's just a matter of who they are.

Colorado rolled over UCF. They're 22 pt underdogs for a reason. Arkansas is only a 1 score underdog.
I still have more faith in UCF. Not saying they'll win as I don't think either will but I have zero confidence in Arkansas even hanging tough. Hopefully I'm wrong

However, you forgot one: Wisconsin-Northwestern, which I might be paying the closest attention to as it could have the most direct impact on our game next week.
I can't imagine NW beating Wisc but stranger things have happened

I can't imagine NW beating Wisc but stranger things have happened

No question, that would be an upset...though Wisconsin is not a huge favorite...around a touchdown.

But mainly my interest is from the scouting angle. Assuming a Badger win, how do they look in doing so. Did they get their running back off again like last week. Stuff like that.

If not for that angle, and if we weren't playing Wisconsin next week, I couldn't care less about the game in Evanston on Saturday.

As far as the potential 5-6 seeding goes, they very well could. Would be tough for the committee to place a pre CCG 2 loss SEC team (say UGA) over a potential 1-loss PSU.

A 6th seed would provide a significantly more favorable 2nd round matchup than a 7th seed were a team to advance.

If Georgia beats Texas It will be interesting where we will be ranked.

No question, that would be an upset...though Wisconsin is not a huge favorite...around a touchdown.

But mainly my interest is from the scouting angle. Assuming a Badger win, how do they look in doing so. Did they get their running back off again like last week. Stuff like that.

If not for that angle, and if we weren't playing Wisconsin next week, I couldn't care less about the game in Evanston on Saturday.
NW vs WISKY is actually a "rivalry" game of sorts as they are in neighboring states and not too far from each other. However- it is more like our series with Temple where it isn't really competitive and the disdain only goes one way.

My sister lived and worked in Evanston for maybe 10 years- including a few @ Northwestern. Great town. Football weekends were typically like any other weekend- except when the Badgers sold out the stadium and turned it red.

One year NW upset a ranked UWisc team. Celebration for the ages ensued.

Despite all of the above- I'm most interested to see NWs new short term Lax field stadium. Have read a lot and seen pix- but what is a D1 game like in it?

Thanks for the heads up!

Reactions: Jerry
As far as the potential 5-6 seeding goes, they very well could. Would be tough for the committee to place a pre CCG 2 loss SEC team (say UGA) over a potential 1-loss PSU.

A 6th seed would provide a significantly more favorable 2nd round matchup than a 7th seed were a team to advance.
The first round byes go to the 4 highest ranked conference champions. The only way PSU can get a bye is to win the BiG title game. Two of the 4 spots will go to teams not in the SEC or BiG (like Iowa State or Miami).

For PSU to be seeded 5 or 6 they would probably have to be the loser of the BiG title game. I struggle to believe that OSU or Oregon would be seeded 5th and PSU would be seeded 6th. That would mean the second best team in the SEC would be no higher than 7th but I guess it's possible.

Today I'm a HUGE Illinois and Rambling Wreck from Georga Tech fan. Also hoping GA knocks off Texass.

I’m waiting with baited breath for the “Nebraska is building itself into a power” guys to start posting in August again.

Indiana up 35-7 just threw a halfback pass in the red zone. Under thrown but they are embarrassing Nebraska.

Now 42-7

I’m waiting with baited breath for the “Nebraska is building itself into a power” guys to start posting in August again.

Indiana up 35-7 just threw a halfback pass in the red zone. Under thrown but they are embarrassing Nebraska.

Now 42-7
I know, every year we hear the same crap. I do feel bad for the Nebraska fans. They are very loyal to the program. Also, if you all remember back, Nebraska fans treated us better than most during the Sandusky aftermath.

I know, every year we hear the same crap. I do feel bad for the Nebraska fans. They are very loyal to the program. Also, if you all remember back, Nebraska fans treated us better than most during the Sandusky aftermath.
Don’t go on their board. They are just as bad as any fan base (while lionizing Lawrence Phillips and the Peter bros)

Reactions: psu00 and royboy
It absolutely sucks that we don't get a shot to play Indiana in the regular season. These fake mega-conferences-that-are-too-big-to-be-conferences setups are awful.
I completely disagree. This is a much more dynamic conference this year with the new teams. And if either PSU or Indiana truly matter, they’ll meet in the Conference championship game.

Reactions: doctornick
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT