ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday games of interest

I think Indiana is very good (38 -7) even though Nebraska is not.
Next week Ohio State & Penn State have tough games.
Nebraska has been playing a lot better than this. They beat Colorado by 18 and they took Illinois to OT. Raiola has been routinely passing for nearly 300 yards. I think they fell behind largely due to 3 TOs and a boneheaded play where the kick returner caught the ball at his own 1 yd line and stepped out of bounds.

I think they effed up and then they gave up.

I know, every year we hear the same crap. I do feel bad for the Nebraska fans. They are very loyal to the program. Also, if you all remember back, Nebraska fans treated us better than most during the Sandusky aftermath.
I think Ruhle has Nebraska going in the right direction but today is a big setback.

It's getting to the point where Indy could be a threat to PSU. They still play Washington, Michigan, and OSU. If they beat Washington & Michigan but lose to OSU they would finish 11-1.

Reactions: 84Lion
I completely disagree. This is a much more dynamic conference this year with the new teams. And if either PSU or Indiana truly matter, they’ll meet in the Conference championship game.
And it'll be even "more dynamic" if we keep biggering and biggering! Maybe we can envelope half the NCAA for truly dynamic fun!

We'll never see eye-to-eye on this ... I'd much rather play everyone in our conference every year and use the other schedule slots to make things more "dynamic."

And it'll be even "more dynamic" if we keep biggering and biggering! Maybe we can envelope half the NCAA for truly dynamic fun!

We'll never see eye-to-eye on this ... I'd much rather play everyone in our conference every year and use the other schedule slots to make things more "dynamic."
Yeah, it’s a Coke versus Pepsi type of argument. I actually would like to see the Conference expanded to 24 while expanding the conference games to at least 10. I think that would be super exciting every year. Recently there was the news about an SEC/Big Ten scheduling agreement. I would be a fan of that as well, but I truly doubt it happens. The last time our conference had a scheduling agreement it plundered one of the conferences in the agreement!

LOL at Rutgres. Onside kick for Rutgers right into UCLA guy’s breadbasket and he returns it for an easy TD

Called back for fair catch, but still funny

Last TD was a play designed to get you 3 yds. Louisville had 7 defenders get a hand on the ball carrier and he jogged 30 yds to the crib. This is a great game if you hate defense.

No question, that would be an upset...though Wisconsin is not a huge favorite...around a touchdown.

But mainly my interest is from the scouting angle. Assuming a Badger win, how do they look in doing so. Did they get their running back off again like last week. Stuff like that.

If not for that angle, and if we weren't playing Wisconsin next week, I couldn't care less about the game in Evanston on Saturday.
Apparently the people in Evanston couldn’t care less either.

The first round byes go to the 4 highest ranked conference champions. The only way PSU can get a bye is to win the BiG title game. Two of the 4 spots will go to teams not in the SEC or BiG (like Iowa State or Miami).

For PSU to be seeded 5 or 6 they would probably have to be the loser of the BiG title game. I struggle to believe that OSU or Oregon would be seeded 5th and PSU would be seeded 6th. That would mean the second best team in the SEC would be no higher than 7th but I guess it's possible.
You have to look at losses. The SEC is on their way to beating each other up. Take Alabama, they could end up with 2 losses, the second could be in the SEC CCG. I think we get seeded higher than them in that scenario if we are 11-1.

I love Franklin

But

Anyone else just watch Illinois score a TD and kick the XP to go up 13-0 on Michigan and think this where Franklin would go for 2 and get 0?

Reactions: LandoComando
Watched part of the Louisville/Miami game in a sports bar in Louisville. Fans were pretty psyched. U of L just couldn’t stop Miami, even with the home crowd. They can redeem themselves vs Pitt. My son and friends are going to that game to try and help cheer that on……

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT