ADVERTISEMENT

Semis and BR who to cheer for

IndyLion1

May 29, 2001
I believe we can win team title tonight:

In Semis - winner gets 7-9 team points.
PSU: 7 wrestlers (favored in 3 of 7 by seeds)
Nebraska: 4 wrestlers (favored in 0 of 4)
Iowa: 3 wrestlers (favored in 2 of 3)
Cornell: 3 wrestlers (favored in 1 of 3)

Given we are beating Iowa by 30 points if we win 3 of 7 semis nobody can catch us. Cheer for these results will help no matter what happens to PSU wrestlers do tonight:

125:
2. Pat Glory (Prin) over 3. Liam Cronin (Neb)

133:
2. Fix (OSU) over 3. Vito (Corn)

141:
4. Hardy (Neb) over 1. Woods (Iowa)

174;
3. Lewis (VT) over 2. Labriola (Neb)

285:
1. Parris (UM) over 4. Cassioppi (Iowa)

and of course 1. Carter beating 4. Foca (Cornell) and/or 2. Levi beating 3. Robb (Neb) would very much assure we win.

Last edited:

Given we are beating Iowa by 30 points if we win 3 of 7 semis nobody can catch us. Cheer for these results will help no matter what happens to PSU wrestlers do tonight:

125:

133:

141:

174;

285:

and of course 1. Carter beating 4. Foca (Cornell) and/or 2. Levi beating 3. Robb (Neb) would very much assure we win.
I’m rooting for Vito tonight. Fix has already wrestled 24 minutes in the national finals without scoring an offensive point. No need to push it over a half hour.

125:

133:

141:

174;

285:

On the other hand, if you are prepared to take overall team victory for granted, and would rather that a certain team finish as low on the podium as possible, you might consider...

125: - A push (Cronin over Glory helps Cornell, but Glory has the only prayer against Spencer, so pick your poison)
133 - Vito over Fix
141 - Hardy over Woods
174 - Labriola over Lewis
285 - Parris over Cass.

But, as I tell my kids, be for something, and not simply against something else, so I'll probably follow your rules.

Reactions: danoftw
I too will be cheering for Vito and Labriola, just helps PSU in team race if they lose. I don't see PSU losing the team title... unless we go something like 1-6 tonight and Iowa wins every match

I definitely want Vito to beat Fix and would like Labs to win as well but outside of PSU the kid I want to win the most is Brock Hardy. Hardy and Robb both seem like great kids and I love how they compete. Beating Woods would just be the cherry on top

Vito could beat rby so no , if Cass wins kerk looking good in finals. JUST say know to 4 timers this year ,now next year ok for 4 timers .

Reactions: mcpat

125:

133:

141:

174;

285:

All I can say is this is some really good wrestling. Excited to see these guys compete.

Reactions: diggerpup
I definitely want Vito to beat Fix and would like Labs to win as well but outside of PSU the kid I want to win the most is Brock Hardy. Hardy and Robb both seem like great kids and I love how they compete. Beating Woods would just be the cherry on top
I kind of go with, I would really like to see Hardy beat Woods just so Iowa can feel more pain and learn the answer isn't in the portal. Then it is the Hardy kid seems like a really good kid.

I’d also like to add Vinny Zerban from Northern Colorado. Came in as the 32 seed where he won his pigtail and then lost first round 6-1 to top seed Austin O’Conner.

Since then he’s stormed all the way back with wins over (16)Anthony Artalona, (15)Jacob Wright, (25) Jason Kraisser and has (4) Jared Franck in the blood round. That’s real warrior stuff there.

Levi’s loss don’t look so bad.

• Wow
Reactions: mcpat and diggerpup
I have a bet with Nashville that Beau finishes ahead of Woods. It was an early season opinion of mine that Beau would do better than most thought. I'm still the underdog in this bet but still got hope in that PSU magic..

Whatever is best for Penn State and that means regardless of anything. I want victory first and then margin of victory and nothing else matters.

Reactions: Aardvark86
Damn!! So close. Almost a perfect period. SVN has been the closet to scoring so far

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT