ADVERTISEMENT

SIAP/FC: A. Lubrano's email to Eric Barron re: JVP not recognized among best-ever coaches by SI

Everything points to Corbett when it comes to why the narrative is what it is, but Penn State can rewrite this at any time. Hell, even Corbett said firing JVP may have been a mistake!

Which is weird since Corbett reportedly gloated about having a hand in getting Joe fired. I think he changed his tune for the sake of the election he eventually lost.

That’s just f^cking stupid.

I guess he doesn’t have any signature wins.

(BTW: You interminable douche, the 10 Year Old Bleacher Report “article” you cited (which is lol-able enough a statement on its own) had Paterno listed as 4th.

No. 4 Joe Paterno
47 OF 51

1. Career Record: 406-136-3 (74%)

To this day, Paterno's raspy voice just wreaks of a college football legend. Going 5-5 in his first season way back in 1966 was where everything started for the all-time winningest coach in FBS history.

Paterno's 406 wins is the most ever and it looks as if nobody will ever catch the 84-year-old Penn State coach.

In Happy Valley, "Joe Pa" is the first and only FBS coach to lead his team to 400 or more wins. He has also led his program to two national championships ('82, '86), five undefeated seasons and 37 career bowls (24-12-1).

There is no doubting that Paterno is one of the greatest in the history of the sport as he is one of just three active who have already been inducted into the College Football Hall of Fame (Chris Ault and John Gagliardi).”
Not very good “number recognition” for a CountVonNitWit? Eh?)

“If I lived your life...... I’d shoot myself”.
Can you email that chic from si this information and get her answer. I would love to know her answer

Yes, Dambly is correct that Lubrano was rude and he's also a cvnt for going that route.
Lubrano's rudeness gave Dambly a "get out of jail free" card but it doesn't make Lubrano's comments regarding the school's lack of backbone to defend their innocent iconic coach and less accurate (I know you agree, just an entry point post from me).

It is high time for the university to start amping up the recognition of Joe Paterno and to start promoting him on a national stage. WTF are they so afraid of? Hell, MSU and tOSU are actively defending themselve in ongoing scandals and doing much better. No wonder PSU's national reputation continues to plummet like a kid in a barrel going over Niagara Falls.

Lubrano's rudeness gave Dambly a "get out of jail free" card but it doesn't make Lubrano's comments regarding the school's lack of backbone to defend their innocent iconic coach and less accurate (I know you agree, just an entry point post from me).

It is high time for the university to start amping up the recognition of Joe Paterno and to start promoting him on a national stage. WTF are they so afraid of? Hell, MSU and tOSU are actively defending themselve in ongoing scandals and doing much better. No wonder PSU's national reputation continues to plummet like a kid in a barrel going over Niagara Falls.

Joe Paterno is (1) dead and (2) has, at least to some extent, a disgraced reputation.

Penn State gets no benefit from promoting people like that.

NO organization gets a benefit from promoting people like that.

It's over. It's BEEN over. This tide isn't reversing.

Joe Paterno is (1) dead and (2) has, at least to some extent, a disgraced reputation.

Really? If I were you, I'd check PSU plummeting reputation and quality of education for the money. Why? The university has no moral compass and no way to set sail to counter the changing winds and currents. A ship adrift without navigation. They'd better get their act together, and quickly. Joe was and is still, the face of Penn State. There is no other image that comes to mind when someone mentions Penn state in NYC or Miami. Time to clean up their act.

Really? If I were you, I'd check PSU plummeting reputation and quality of education for the money. Why? The university has no moral compass and no way to set sail to counter the changing winds and currents. A ship adrift without navigation. They'd better get their act together, and quickly. Joe was and is still, the face of Penn State. There is no other image that comes to mind when someone mentions Penn state in NYC or Miami. Time to clean up their act.

And how exactly does promoting Joe Paterno - who, again, (1) is dead and (2) has a disgraced reputation - help that?

If some Penn State folk aren't willing to donate $$$ because Joe Paterno hasn't been "sufficiently honored" --- well, fair enough. That is your right. But you're not helping either.

I'm a Penn Stater who is "out in the field." I live in Colorado, I go to multiple road games a year, I travel the country. When someone mentions Penn State in a conversation with me, (1) I often don't hear Joe Paterno and (2) I don't bring him up myself.

Folks need to move on. It's been 7+ years now.

And how exactly does promoting Joe Paterno - who, again, (1) is dead and (2) has a disgraced reputation - help that?

If some Penn State folk aren't willing to donate $$$ because Joe Paterno hasn't been "sufficiently honored" --- well, fair enough. That is your right. But you're not helping either.

I'm a Penn Stater who is "out in the field." I live in Colorado, I go to multiple road games a year, I travel the country. When someone mentions Penn State in a conversation with me, (1) I often don't hear Joe Paterno and (2) I don't bring him up myself.
To show that there was no PSU conspiracy to rape kids but that PSU was a victim, just as Joe was.

Reactions: gslachta

I may be getting old.....but nowhere senile enough to take advice from the likes of you. Perhaps instead, you can take your own advice and permanently move on from here?

To show that there was no PSU conspiracy to rape kids but that PSU was a victim, just as Joe was.

Good luck with that.

Curley voluntarily pled guilty to some of the charges.

Spanier was found guilty to some of the charges - though that was overturned on the "ex post facto" basis (correctly, on a technical basis). He still was covering things up though.

If fvcking yourself doesn't cut it, Bubba can come out:

bubba-the-love-sponge.jpg

Reactions: marshall23
If fvcking yourself doesn't cut it, Bubba can come out:

bubba-the-love-sponge.jpg

That is a high quality post, Art. One of your best ever.

You don't agree with me, as regards my view that PSU had some culpability as regards covering up child rape.

So you state your disapproval by making rape jokes.

And you wonder why non-Penn Staters think some (not all) Penn Staters are a bunch of cultist, in-bred hicks?

Geez. You are a PSU fan yourself - I can't kick you out of the fanbase. But you don't represent us well.

Good luck with that.

Spanier was found guilty to some of the charges - though that was overturned on the "ex post facto" basis (correctly, on a technical basis). He still was covering things up though.
Complete and total BS. Curley pled to child endangerment, a misdemeanor, after being hounded for over five years by prosecutors that overcharged, with unlimited budgets and being out of control. There was no conspiracy, no other conviction. You should know better than that.

That is a high quality post, Art. One of your best ever.

You don't agree with me, as regards my view that PSU had some culpability as regards covering up child rape.

So you state your disapproval by making rape jokes.

Got it.

Who said anything about rape? I have no doubt that you would welcome Bubba with open..........eee, probably better not to got there.

Who said anything about rape? I have no doubt that you would welcome Bubba with open..........eee, probably better not to got there.

Bullshit - you knew exactly what you were doing. You were making a rape joke.

Thanks. I will try to keep that in mind the next time I crack open a Bible.

Good luck with that.

What charge(s) did Curley plead guilty to? What charge(s) was Spanier wrongfully convicted of, that was later overturned? Answer these questions and you will understand why no one values your opinion on this topic.

Yes but Joe always traveled with 2 sets of uniforms.

It is high time for the university to start amping up the recognition of Joe Paterno and to start promoting him. What are they afraid of?

They're afraid that they'll be accused of promoting a pedophile enabler. That's been set in stone. The time to control the narrative is long gone.

I don't agree, any longer. I used to...but Sparty and tOSU have convinced me otherwise. Screw 'em. Lubrano isn't being called a pedo enabler.
The media doesn't care about Lubrano.

Sparty and OSU defended their university from the beginning.

The media doesn't care about Lubrano.

Sparty and OSU defended their university from the beginning.
I don't think the media would come after the BOT if they defended Joe now. Why? Because the BOT could expose their rush to judgement and how they ruined a good man without justification or cause. They'd let it go because they don't no longer have a choice.

Reactions: denniskembala

"People like that"?? Oh, brother. That's the exact reason why many so people are still fuming at the university because there's absolutely no reason for Joe to have "at least to some extent, a disgraced reputation". Unfortunately some important people want it that way to cover their own failings.

There’s never a right time to do the wrong thing or a wrong time to do the right thing.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT