ADVERTISEMENT

Slapshot redux: Rangers-Devils fight

Most of the fights were pretty weak. John Marino is clearly hated by his team for the matchup he got but he at least got in one good punch before getting his ass kicked.

hard to believe that, in this day and age, the refs just sit back and watch them punch each other. Safe to say they lost control of the game.

All ten players start fighting right at the drop of the puck to start the game. Eight players ejected.

Listen to the crowd. Listen to the announcers. Watch the players on both benches. The same people who goaded the Indians into changing their name (sportswriters who don’t pay for tickets and others who don’t even attend games or watch at all) want to take fighting out of hockey. Leave our game alone!

Fighting should be out of hockey...I don't understand how in 2024, it's still a "thing". And how 8 players are ok with getting ejected 2 seconds into a game.

Fighting should be out of hockey...I don't understand how in 2024, it's still a "thing". And how 8 players are ok with getting ejected 2 seconds into a game.
Are you a season ticket holder of a professional hockey team?

hard to believe that, in this day and age, the refs just sit back and watch them punch each other. Safe to say they lost control of the game.
It was 2 seconds in--they kicked everyone out and took control of the game
Plus, there's 4 officials and 5 fights--can't break them all up
There's nothing wrong with a fight in hockey--they were all willing participants.

I mean, the intent wasn't to get ejected. Two people just dropped their gloves too early.

That’s a long time to have to roll three lines.
If you read the story, it was payback for a game three weeks ago. Devil’s Rempe cheap shitted a Ranger causing a concussion and the player missing eight games. In that game the Rangers tough guy came after Rempe but he …. Rempe….refused to fight. And Rangers players called him out after the game. So this was pay back time.

Another twist is that losing this game pretty much doomed the Devils playoff chances while the Rangers are locked in and should win its division. Wonder if the Rangers added that into the calculation?🤷🏿‍♂️

Marino Trouba and Miller were losses--they probably didn't expect them to get tossed--just miss 5 minutes

Listen to the crowd. Listen to the announcers. Watch the players on both benches. The same people who goaded the Indians into changing their name (sportswriters who don’t pay for tickets and others who don’t even attend games or watch at all) want to take fighting out of hockey. Leave our game alone!
I would love to punch some of my business competitors but I would lose my job and most likely wind up in the pen for a few hours or so.

Just one more reason it must be nice to be a professional athlete and get treated better than peasants like me.

Reminds of an old joke that went something like this. I went to a boxing match the other night and a hockey game broke out.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT