ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Notre Dame may be pursuing Ohio State's Hartline for their OC job

Spot on and this Online Personna person absolutely refuses to acknowledge Fleming's injuries and surgery in his 2 years at OSU which he seems to feel wouldn't have happen at any other school. He's stuck in his own loop and refuses to look at other options especially any conversation about OSU which he clearly hates - that's his right and opinion but others have opinions also

As for my Hartline post, I posted information I read online - no opinions on my part. Yet Online starts accusing me of being a fan of another school ???? attacking PSU which I've never done. My school is Northwestern but I also have a brother-in-law who's an OSU grad - and huge fan - who I jaw with - good nature stuff - all the time.
1) I never posted or suggested what you claim I "seem to feel". Maybe just stick to your thoughts and not trying to speak for others.

2) Fleming has not had 1 single season ending injury. He's missed a game or two here and there. He would be WR1 at most D1 schools even with a few games of injury time.

3) I know I had responded to you but I didn't accuse you specifically. Look, it is clear that several Ohio St fans post here and some do it under the guise of being a PSU fan. You can look at their history and see only posts putting PSU in the worst light while defending anything Ohio St. By the way, we have at least one Michigan fan doing the same thing here. But if this applies to you, then feel free to be offended by it.

4) Why is a northwestern fan with a BIL Ohio St fan spending all day on the PSU boards? I'm genuinely curious what drives that. It cannot be just the last game with PSU because you've been around well before that.

1) I never posted or suggested what you claim I "seem to feel". Maybe just stick to your thoughts and not trying to speak for others.

2) Fleming has not had 1 single season ending injury. He's missed a game or two here and there. He would be WR1 at most D1 schools even with a few games of injury time.

3) I know I had responded to you but I didn't accuse you specifically. Look, it is clear that several Ohio St fans post here and some do it under the guise of being a PSU fan. You can look at their history and see only posts putting PSU in the worst light while defending anything Ohio St. By the way, we have at least one Michigan fan doing the same thing here. But if this applies to you, then feel free to be offended by it.

4) Why is a northwestern fan with a BIL Ohio St fan spending all day on the PSU boards? I'm genuinely curious what drives that. It cannot be just the last game with PSU because you've been around well before that.
I don't spend all day on this board. I spend just as much time on all the B1G Rivals boards - maybe more - on the Iowa, Nebraska, Rutgers and Northwestern (of course) boards - and occasionally on the Purdue and Indiana sites - especially during basketball season. I try to keep an open mind when posting material as I'm retired and have a ton of time on my hands to travel through the sites

Last edited:
If Hartline were to take the OC job and take just the second string WRs and QB at Ohio St with him to Notre Dame, they could be playoff bound and some of those guys would be high draft picks. Maybe that is what Fleming needs to showcase his talent?
OK, I have a lot of fun on these boards but I do have a question for you. Do you actually believe some of this crap you post?

You do realize that the incredible string of QBs that are at OSU and future commits are there because of Ryan Day - a former NFL QB coach - and OC Kevin Wilson - who was a QB coach at Miami and Northwestern. Day might be the top QB guru in CF. And part of Hartline's recruiting success has to be attributed to their QB room as they point out - when recruiting WRS - "look who will be throwing the ball to you."

But in your view, Hartline just waves his wand and convinces Kyle McCord - who's waiting for Stroud to leave (waiting it out) and could have entered the Portal - to join him at ND. First, who's the QB coach? I hardly doubt he'll be even in the same universe as Day and Wilson.

I honestly hope you don't believe some of this stuff you post. It has to be for humor

Ohio St rivals already out there denying Hartline would have interest but you know how that goes. Interesting development as Hartline would probably have a few WRs follow him if he did leave and they would almost certainly start immediately at Notre Dame.
Where did you get this info at? I'm on several of the ND sites (Rivals, Irish Envy and Domer Domain) and haven't seen anything legit on this subject and highly doubt that Hartline would leave OSU - with his new title and right around a $ One Million salary - for the train wreck that is ND's coaching staff. I remember one poster bringing it up on the ND Rivals site a while back but it was quickly shot down. Hartline isn't that stupid and from what I've read has a ton of money from his NFL days and investments

Hate to say it, but the Freeman hire is turning out to be a disaster and should not have happened. He had zero HC experience - sort of like Hartline being thrust into an OC position at a major CF power with no previous OC experience.

Last edited:
Often when there is smoke like this, there are at least discussions behind the scenes. Now I get that they don't want it to be a distraction during the season but it must be pretty serious if Ohio St rivals has had to make a statement on the topic.
HA HA HA. Jelly? Think you'll see James Franklin leave Penn State before you see Hartline leave the Bucks.

Last edited:
Where did you get this info at? I'm on several of the ND sites (Rivals, Irish Envy and Domer Domain) and haven't seen anything legit on this subject and highly doubt that Hartline would leave OSU - with his new title and right around a $ One Million salary - for the train wreck that is ND's coaching staff. I remember one poster bringing it up on the ND Rivals site a while back but it was quickly shot down. Hartline isn't that stupid and from what I've read has a ton of money from his NFL days and investments

Hate to say it, but the Freeman hire is turning out to be a disaster and should not have happened. He had zero HC experience - sort of like Hartline being thrust into an OC position at a major CF power with no previous OC experience.
Tons of places. Here's one. But honestly just search Hartline and Notre Dame to get whatever source you want. Hartlinetonotredame

Tons of places. Here's one. But honestly just search Hartline and Notre Dame to get whatever source you want. Hartlinetonotredame
This post is from Nov. 2021 - a month before Freeman was named HC. What's the point of referencing it? Like I said earlier. I spend most of my time on the ND boards and someone brought it up on one of the boards 3 or 4 months ago and was it immediately shot down. He's not coming to ND to coach under Freeman and the train wreck of a coaching staff we have now

Have you seen our QB room - current and future - and then compare it to OSU's. It's like night and day. That's a huge selling point for Hartline when recruiting WRs at OSU - period. If you look at OSU's current QBs and what they have committed for 2023 and especially 2024, it's the deepest in CF and you can bet Hartline pushes that to recruits which he can't do at ND. Plus, OSU is Hartline's alma mater and he loves the place - that speaks volumes.

Not quite sure what your point - agenda is with the "Hartline to ND" stuff is about. What am I missing?

Last edited:
This post is from Nov. 2021 - a month before Freeman was named HC. What's the point of referencing it? Like I said earlier. I spend most of my time on the ND boards and someone brought it up on one of the boards 3 or 4 months ago and was it immediately shot down. He's not coming to ND to coach under Freeman and the train wreck of a coaching staff we have now

Have you seen our QB room - current and future - and then compare it to OSU's. It's like night and day. That's a huge selling point for Hartline when recruiting WRs at OSU - period. If you look at OSU's current QBs and what they have committed for 2023 and especially 2024, it's the deepest in CF and you can bet Hartline pushes that to recruits which he can't do at ND. Plus, OSU is Hartline's alma mater - that speaks volumes.

Not quite sure what your point - agenda is with the "Hartline to ND" stuff is about. What am I missing?

Maybe he posted the wrong article because this one above fits his OP. However, I'm not sure I get his point either.

Maybe he posted the wrong article because this one above fits his OP. However, I'm not sure I get his point either.
Seriously, I'd love to see Hartline at ND but my question is who is going to pull the QBs to ND? That's the other half of the equation for Hartline. ND is really struggling with the QB position recruiting - unlike many of the other major powers - especially OSU and USC. That's already wrapped in in a pretty package for him at OSU. Plus, is he really ready for the OC at a major power like ND with only 3 years as a position coach under his belt?

Reactions: lazydave841
Did you read the date?
No I didn't. I picked one of like 20 that the search returned. Another poster just posted a more recent one.

It is funny to hear different perspectives. According to the Ohio St posters this is a lateral move at best. According to the ND poster a lowly 3 years experience as a position coach doesn't qualify him for their OC job.

To answer the Notre Dame poster, Hartline would bring the WRs that would improve your qb room either immediately through transfer and/or long term through recruiting. He is ready for a major program OC shot as much as Ohio St doesn't want to lose him and Notre Dame fans aren't convinced. He's exactly what Notre Dame needs for offensive recruiting which is the name of the game these days.

Just stumbled on this thread. Here is a link to interview with Hartline where at 45 seconds, he states that he has to pinch himself when he realizes he is wide receiver coach at OSU -- loves OSU. In another interview he stated that he doesn't even consider coaching WRs at OSU work. Of course, he is very impressive when talking about WRs, their skill sets and his coaching philosophy.

Also, at any time, he could decide that he wants more, and if he does there will be plenty of offers.

Just stumbled on this thread. Here is a link to interview with Hartline where at 45 seconds, he states that he has to pinch himself when he realizes he is wide receiver coach at OSU -- loves OSU. In another interview he stated that he doesn't even consider coaching WRs at OSU work. Of course, he is very impressive when talking about WRs, their skill sets and his coaching philosophy.

Also, at any time, he could decide that he wants more, and if he does there will be plenty of offers.

This is why there is a bunch of smoke. Ohio St fans are perhaps the most insecure out there and need to keep posting on other boards their reasons for reassurance and not losing Hartline. Maybe they keep him, maybe they don't? But there is more and more smoke on this almost daily and a lot of that is created out of the insecurity of their fan base.

This is why there is a bunch of smoke. Ohio St fans are perhaps the most insecure out there and need to keep posting on other boards their reasons for reassurance and not losing Hartline. Maybe they keep him, maybe they don't? But there is more and more smoke on this almost daily and a lot of that is created out of the insecurity of their fan base.
Who cares if they keep him or not - besides you? Here's a newsflash - they'll be a top 5 team with or without Hartline. HCs like Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley and Nick Saban are going to draw top notch offensive talent no matter who their assistants are. Good assistants move on in every top program and Hartline is no exception.

You started this thread about him moving on to ND - which - right now - is pure BS. Tommy Rees is a solid OC and -when he has a QB (Pyne) can move the ball against and defense. These boards are public and not just select for that individual fan bases but yet you start a thread and keep replying to those that disagree with you. So my question to you - who's really the insecure one here? I'll clue you in - IT'S YOU

Who cares if they keep him or not - besides you? Here's a newsflash - they'll be a top 5 team with or without Hartline. HCs like Ryan Day, Lincoln Riley and Nick Saban are going to draw top notch offensive talent no matter who their assistants are. Good assistants move on in every top program and Hartline is no exception.

You started this thread about him moving on to ND - which - right now - is pure BS. Tommy Rees is a solid OC and -when he has a QB (Pyne) can move the ball against and defense. These boards are public and not just select for that individual fan bases but yet you start a thread and keep replying to those that disagree with you. So my question to you - who's really the insecure one here? I'll clue you in - IT'S YOU
You do realize that the majority of my posts are mostly in response to people either quoting me or addressing me directly? It makes sense to me to respond back in most cases.

ADVERTISEMENT