ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Tennessee and Brohm are getting close; Doeren says no

I don't think I have ever seen a bigger dumpster fire.... and the Admin's of UT need to grow a set of brass one's and tell Clay to go F off in not so polite terms. This would be sad if it weren't so ridiculous

Travis runs Tennessee! Seriously though, have heard Brohm's buyout goes from $5mm to $4mm after December 5th.

Also, a former S&C coach of his at Louisville (who says he still visits with Brohm at Purdue) said he would be surprised if Brohm left for anywhere other than Louisville (where his family is from). Said he's about more than just money and that he feels like he can compete and win in the B1G West (really only have to beat Wisconsin). We shall see...

What AD would make an offer without knowing it would be approved? Not buying that. As bad as they've screwed this up that's a new level of crazy

Travis runs Tennessee! Seriously though, have heard Brohm's buyout goes from $5mm to $4mm after December 5th.

Also, a former S&C coach of his at Louisville (who says he still visits with Brohm at Purdue) said he would be surprised if Brohm left for anywhere other than Louisville (where his family is from). Said he's about more than just money and that he feels like he can compete and win in the B1G West (really only have to beat Wisconsin). We shall see...

Clay leading the masses to the ADs office to demand they be heard ....

pitchforks.gif

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
What AD would make an offer without knowing it would be approved? Not buying that. As bad as they've screwed this up that's a new level of crazy
They wouldn't. Travis is talking out his ass. What's really sad is that all those idiots believe him

Reactions: BoulderFish
I don't think I have ever seen a bigger dumpster fire.... and the Admin's of UT need to grow a set of brass one's and tell Clay to go F off in not so polite terms. This would be sad if it weren't so ridiculous

Currie should resign. He's been effectively neutered by the administration and boosters and completely disrespected by their fan base. He has nothing to gain by staying. Let them hire Tee Martin and Peyton Manning and Heath Shuler to run things.

They wouldn't. Travis is talking out his ass. What's really sad is that all those idiots believe him
And now Travis has been shilling for Lane Kiffin to come back to Knoxville, despite the way things ended last time.

Seems impossible for that to happen, but this is a strange odyssey.

Apparently the Brohm deal is not happening. Tennessee has now moved on to NC State's coach.

At this rate I will be on the short list by the end of the week. How many D-1 coaches or assistants are left for them to sift through. I find the humiliating and public nature of this epic fail of coaching search to be highly entertaining.

Reactions: harjeff
At this rate I will be on the short list by the end of the week. How many D-1 coaches or assistants are left for them to sift through. I find the humiliating and public nature of this epic fail of coaching search to be highly entertaining.
You may end up being the most qualified candidate at this rate.

Reactions: chrisrn1965
More likely that AD made an offer, coach said "not good enough, I need this and such," AD had to clear the additional items with President and she said "No."

Apparently the Brohm deal is not happening. Tennessee has now moved on to NC State's coach.

Doeren's been very good there. I would have thought he'd stay at NCSU unless a major job came around. Maybe he considers Tennessee a great job but "thanks but no thanks" might be coming.

Doeren's been very good there. I would have thought he'd stay at NCSU unless a major job came around. Maybe he considers Tennessee a great job but "thanks but no thanks" might be coming.
33-30 at NC State (30-22 after the 1st year, when the cupboard was on the bare side); his record at Northern Illinois was a very impressive 23-4

not exactly a household name, but maybe he could dig in and re-build Tennessee....do the fans have some patience?

Clay's latest tweet.... "Tennessee's administration is incompetent. The end." Honestly they need to tell this prick to go pound sand. What coach in his right mind is going to want to work in that environment??? Yes you will get a few lower level coaches but any high quality coach is not going to want to walk in this sh|t show...

He’s a clown. So happy this is happening. Dude thought he could Breitbart his way through twitter and has failed.

Reactions: BoulderFish
33-30 at NC State (30-22 after the 1st year, when the cupboard was on the bare side); his record at Northern Illinois was a very impressive 23-4

not exactly a household name, but maybe he could dig in and re-build Tennessee....do the fans have some patience?

The fans have no patience.....but there are a lot of patients among the fans!

He has been ok at NC State. Doeren will maybe last 5 years at Tennessee. UT fans will be begging for Schiano after Doeren.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
No I agree with you, it would be a horrible move for him to go to Tennessee.

Guys I never post on another team's board and generally try to be respectful but I could not resist and posted this on Volquest:

Your miserable fan base brought this on themselves. The entire country is laughing at you. By the end of the week you will be begging for Schiano. Enjoy your sure to be overpaid and third rate hire who will be someone desperate enough to jump into that dumpster fire. Where is Gruden? (LMFAO). Hope you remain an SEC East bottom feeder for the next 10 years.
By the way how is Bob Shoop working out?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT