ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like Tennessee and Brohm are getting close; Doeren says no

Kannell and others have been really harsh (and deservedly so). ESPNU afternoon show with Neuheisel called Travis a 'carnival barker' who is responsible for this whole mess.
Not defending Travis but he has been extremely critical of ESPN and has been predicting (largely correctly) its downfall for some time now. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that ESPN programming is equally critical of him.

Not defending Travis but he has been extremely critical of ESPN and has been predicting (largely correctly) its downfall for some time now. So it shouldn't come as much of a surprise that ESPN programming is equally critical of him.

ESPN was failing well before he became twitter-famous. It's not a surprise, but it's not just ESPN.

How about this guy for head coach?

giphy.gif

Well...The Browns owner's brother, Bill, is Governor of Tenn.....I suspect it is the Gov making those calls, not the Browns owner.

BTW, Jimmy's wife, Dee, is the major owner of RIVR Productions. RIVR productions does a ton of programming for the secondary cable companies. Some of her shows: Wale Wars, Trading Spaces, Fat Guy in the Woods, Hardscapes, etc.

LMFAO.... That is who you want deciding who coaches your team? Someone affiliated with the browns??? This seriously cannot get any better!!!
giphy.gif

Reactions: bwifan
Well...The Browns owner's brother, Bill, is Governor of Tenn.....I suspect it is the Gov making those calls, not the Browns owner.

BTW, Jimmy's wife, Dee, is the major owner of RIVR Productions. RIVR productions does a ton of programming for the secondary cable companies. Some of her shows: Wale Wars, Trading Spaces, Fat Guy in the Woods, Hardscapes, etc.

I heard Hasl

Isn’t Haslem in some legal trouble with his Flying J franchise?

It sounds like some of the Vol fan base will cancel their tickets regardless of who gets hired. Is there anyone out there who will be acceptable to them all?? Gruden?? If so, why are they dreaming about a guy who last coached ten years ago?? Weird fan base they have in Knoxville.
I have no clue what people see in Gruden. He had one good year with Dungy's defense. Dungy's defense won him that Super Bowl.

I heard Hasl

Isn’t Haslem in some legal trouble with his Flying J franchise?

yeah....mgt team was gaming the rebates for fuel rates for large trucking companies that had a graduated discount for fuel used. Several people got immunity to testify but so far, the big guy hasn't gotten fingered. Most of that went down two years ago but the trial is going on right now.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
Les is a little long in the tooth. Isn’t he like 65-66 years old?

64. still the recipient of one of the worst JoePa burns after Penn State won the very muddy Capital One Bowl in 2010

Miles bitched about the condition of the field, how it hampered his team's speed and cutting ability.

They asked Joe what he thought, and he said, "yeah that field was terrible! we had to play on it, too!"

Guess Vol Herald., or whatever the fvck his name is, has never heard of anyone lying under oath. Hell, Mike McQueary got so good at it that he parlayed it into millions of dollars.

And, BTW Mr.Herald, that person whose word you put so much stock in, happened to leave a boy who he said he saw being cornholed (isn't that the state sport in Tennessee?) in the shower at the mercy of Sandusky. Stick that up your ass and smoke it.

When or should I say if..... Clay Travis and vocal Vol Fans find a coach...not Schiano, Gruden,Witten,Joe Bob,Brohm, Doeren........will they ....Travis and co. get to choose the coordinators? Will they install electronics in the seats so fans can pick defenses and plays in critical situations.
Taking this job should be with the understanding that the AD and President are likely to be fired shortly after the HC of Football is hired. Nice way to start.

Guess Vol Herald., or whatever the fvck his name is, has never heard of anyone lying under oath. Hell, Mike McQueary got so good at it that he parlayed it into millions of dollars.

And, BTW Mr.Herald, that person whose word you put so much stock in, happened to leave a boy who he said he saw being cornholed (isn't that the state sport in Tennessee?) in the shower at the mercy of Sandusky. Stick that up your ass and smoke it.

the amazing part about all of MM's testimony about that night is that I still can't tell you what MM saw. We know he didn't see intercourse or oral, we know that he did not see a penis, we know that he did not see any actual sexual act. If any of this inconsistent with his any of his testimony please let me know...

That being said, JS is guilty of being a pedophile, but I doubt anything sexual was going on when MM walked in (it doesn't mean that it hadn't already, or was about to, or was just grooming)....

the amazing part about all of MM's testimony about that night is that I still can't tell you what MM saw. We know he didn't see intercourse or oral, we know that he did not see a penis, we know that he did not see any actual sexual act. If any of this inconsistent with his any of his testimony please let me know...

That being said, JS is guilty of being a pedophile, but I doubt anything sexual was going on when MM walked in (it doesn't mean that it hadn't already, or was about to, or was just grooming)....

I beginning to think that myself.

Someone catch me up, please:

1. Why isn't Tee Martin in the mix for Tenn.? Did one or the other say TBNT already?

2. If Les Miles says he is interested, Tenn. should be jumping on that with bushels of gratitude.... filled with cash money. He can stabilize them for 4 years or so and get them ready for the next coach. What is the issue with Les? Can't be age.... think 4 years, not 24 years.

Many thanks.

1. Why isn't Tee Martin in the mix for Tenn.? Did one or the other say TBNT already?

2. If Les Miles says he is interested, Tenn. should be jumping on that with bushels of gratitude.... filled with cash money. He can stabilize them for 4 years or so and get them ready for the next coach. What is the issue with Les? Can't be age.... think 4 years, not 24 years.

Many thanks.

I agree with you. I don't understand why Martin hasn't been rumored yet. They must really wan someone with experience but not Les. Les for 4-6 years would be a win

Many thanks.

I'll try to answer. Tennessee is not interested in applicants that may actually want the job (i.e. Schiano, Martin, Miles). Their main focus in this search is for candidates with little to no interest in coaching Tennessee (i.e. every other coach on earth).

Supposedly they'll be talking with Chad Morris and Tee next.

Edit: After Sumlin.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT