ADVERTISEMENT

Sounds like there have been a few fights at Ohio St practices already

EdwardoCarrachio

Dec 15, 2023
Saw an article quoting Day, putting a positive spin on it. There's going hard, but it seems some of these guys are getting some bad blood with teammates.

Can’t imagine what’s going on at these practices for any team that has a number of players coming in from the portal.. has to be some resentment.. a kid gets recruited at “ X” University., works hard for a couple of years.. a starting spot is in sight.. then a Coach makes the decision of bringing in a more veteran player from a different school.. to take that kids spot.. not saying this is a cause of anything going on at OSU.. but tensions I would assume are very high.,,

Can’t imagine what’s going on at these practices for any team that has a number of players coming in from the portal.. has to be some resentment.. a kid gets recruited at “ X” University., works hard for a couple of years.. a starting spot is in sight.. then a Coach makes the decision of bringing in a more veteran player from a different school.. to take that kids spot.. not saying this is a cause of anything going on at OSU.. but tensions I would assume are very high.,,
Also, that veteran from another school is probably getting paid more money in year one than the kid who has been there for several years. That's insult on top of injury.

I'm sure it's all just a misunderstanding.

O$U is NFL level. They don’t care. The kids they recruit want NFL immediately not in three, four years. They recruit nationally as good as anyone.

I love a good OSU bashing story as much as anybody else on this board but fights during practice have been part of football forever, including at PSU. I’m not sure it’s a big deal.
I agree. There may be some animosity amongst teammates there. I'm sure there is some on most rosters these days. But for Day to have to address it to the media obviously there's been a little more than the usual. Not a sky is falling thing, but relevant info out of an opponent's camp.

They've sold their soul for this season. We'll see how it goes. If things start to go south, it could be spectacular.
Maybe but I suppose that is what you have to manage when paying NFL money for high draft picks to return while also paying NFL money to bring in top players from other schools. Someone will feel mislead. But it may just be overwhelming talent on the field. We'll see soon enough.

Maybe but I suppose that is what you have to manage when paying NFL money for high draft picks to return while also paying NFL money to bring in top players from other schools. Someone will feel mislead. But it may just be overwhelming talent on the field. We'll see soon enough.
Does overwhelming talent include the QB who left because he lost the starting job at Kansas State?

Does overwhelming talent include the QB who left because he lost the starting job at Kansas State?
Howard, the transfer from Kansas Statee and presumed starter brings a different dimension to their offense than last season. He has escapability and good speed.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT