ADVERTISEMENT

Sport moving forward

dunkej01

Gold Member
Dec 10, 2005
Tonight was able to watch psu on btn plus...

Then

Watch Iowa v illini on btn plus

Then

Watch goofs v UoM on btn TV

Sport is coming along .....slowly....but surely

Reactions: hlstone
And tomorrow we can watch Navy vs. Lehigh on free streaming. Ability to see the sport anywhere, anytime, with or without cable TV subscription, is huge.

Tonight was able to watch psu on btn plus...

Then

Watch Iowa v illini on btn plus

Then

Watch goofs v UoM on btn TV

Sport is coming along .....slowly....but surely

I have a BTN Plus subscription but the Iowa vs Illinois dual is not there. How did you manage to see it?

I didn't personally watch match or know how dunkej01 watched it, but last week I watched the OSU @ IL match. It seems IL streams some/all/most home meets themselves and for free. Just go to their website and tune in.

I didn't personally watch match or know how dunkej01 watched it, but last week I watched the OSU @ IL match. It seems IL streams some/all/most home meets themselves and for free. Just go to their website and tune in.

This

So it's not just college matches ... I caught a little of the streaming Montoursville - Warrior Run match here. Announcer is legendary Williamsport coach Tom Best, who's a LOT more relaxed behind the mic than he ever was on the bench.

Anyway ... Best said 100+ coaches from all college levels are watching. He named some: Howard, Harvard, Virginia, Illinois, Penn State. There are 3 obvious hooks for the coaches, but like Best said: both teams have a number of talented but less known guys who are younger or don't hit the national tourneys, and this exposure will help some get a shot at wrestling in college at whatever level.

So the media technology is a real benefit to the kids, not just the fans.

BTW, Montoursville SO 195 Gavin Hoffman (#1 PA AA) made a real good impression on the D1 coaches today -- bumped up to 285 and dominated an undefeated 250-lb heavy, up 9-0 before cranking a half at 2:30, wrestled a real smart match to attack without getting stuck underneath the heavy.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT