ADVERTISEMENT

The ACC is just awful

PennStateNate

Feb 2, 2014
Pitt pumping their chest for a 8-4 record in that conference is funny. That conference is awful.

Remember when some thought UNC was a playoff team. Baylor is taking them to the woodshed.

Clemson better be careful, Oklahoma could beat them by 30+

Pitt pumping their chest for a 8-4 record in that conference is funny. That conference is awful.

Remember when some thought UNC was a playoff team. Baylor is taking them to the woodshed.

Clemson better be careful, Oklahoma could beat them by 30+

Conference arguments are so silly, but you're basing your opinion on a meaningless scrimmage (aka bowl game)?

Baylor missing two good QBs AND two very good receivers still with 28 pts at the half.

Five different Baylor players have taken the snap, 357 rushing yds at the half!

Reactions: N&B4PSU
I am basing my opinion on what I have seen.. ACC is such a bad conference. UNC lost to South Carolina.

I'm not a conference basher. They all have up and down years. I will say other than Clemson, they are having a down year.

That's because the ACC plays each other dufus. How do you think Pitt ended up with 8 wins???? It's the ALMOST COMPETITIVE CONFERENCE.
So Clemson's win over Notre Dame and Florida State's over Florida doesn't count?

I am basing my opinion on what I have seen.. ACC is such a bad conference. UNC lost to South Carolina.

Well, I'm sure there are tons of people in agreement with you. I mean you're also stating that Oklahoma may beat Clemson by 30+ points! Pass me the bong dude.

Who did PSU beat OOC?
San Diego State which turned out to be a very good football team. They finished 11-3, including a 42-7 destruction of Cincinnati in the Hawaii Bowl. They will wind up being ranked at season's end.

San Diego State which turned out to be a very good football team. They finished 11-3, including a 42-7 destruction of Cincinnati in the Hawaii Bowl. They will wind up being ranked at season's end.
Just admit it. Both teams were average at best.

Just admit it. Both teams were average at best.
I've admitted it all season. If you are talking about Pitt and Penn State, I think Pitt is better this year. We are not a good football team. I think Pitt will be favored in the game next year and should win. I think we will be better long term, perhaps much better, but we'll see.

ACC Coastal defenses are getting boat raced in the bowls.

UNC (the illustrious Coastal champ that cake walked through that division) is getting torched by Baylor and their backup to the backup QB. Still driving with over 750 yds offense and 49 puts

Pitt gives up 600 yds and 44 pts to Navy

Duke gives up 670 yds and 41 pts to Indiana

VT gives up 563 yds and 52 pts to Tulsa

Lone bright spot has been Miami....and they played Wazzou in the snow.

Reactions: PSU Paul and royboy
When is the last time your team has kicked anyone to the curb?
It's been a while, but the future is brighter here then in Oakland.. Next year will be your only chance to win.. Seems like I told the butgers fans the same thing

That sanctions Excuse sailed away a long time ago.
How long are you going to use that as an excuse?

When exactly did they "sail away"? You do know sanctions don't hit you at the beginning, they have a long term effect. And considering we just had them removed, I'm a little confused as to how they could have sailed away a long time ago.

SGreene you are right. The scholarships we lost 2 and 3 years ago are kids who would be juniors and seniors right now...that means nothing. It also means nothing that the kids who committed during the sanctions thought they'd never play in a bowl game. You're just not very smart or able to think objectively if you think they had their biggest effect when kids were being recruited or Freshman(who rarely play)

As for the ACC, it sucks and helped Pitt to the record they have. I read this on twitter yesterday....Pitt is a 57 yard Blewitt FG against GT this year and a 28 yard miss against Duke in 2014 from having the exact same record that Paul Chryst achieved. Let's not forget that almost every ACC coastal team fired their coach. That should tell you how good the coastal was this year.

ACC Coastal defenses are getting boat raced in the bowls.

UNC (the illustrious Coastal champ that cake walked through that division) is getting torched by Baylor and their backup to the backup QB. Still driving with over 750 yds offense and 49 puts

Pitt gives up 600 yds and 44 pts to Navy

Duke gives up 670 yds and 41 pts to Indiana

VT gives up 563 yds and 52 pts to Tulsa

Lone bright spot has been Miami....and they played Wazzou in the snow.

Have to agree, and I'm a Duke fan. The big weakness IMO for the ACC programs is the D-line. They just don't have the size and quality of D-linemen that much of the SEC and a good part of the B1G programs have; have trouble stopping a good running game or rushing the passer without blitzes. Florida State and Clemson do have higher quality athletes up front, but I'm not sure they won't turn out to be over-rated when going against their bowl opponents, too.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT