ADVERTISEMENT

The McAndrew Board OFFICIAL PSU-tOSU Gameday Thread!

I’d throw that screen to the back again. Except this time to 87 side, but have him go inside right over the ball. If that LBer runs out to the back , hit 87 if he doesn’t run the screen

Despite the boneheaded 4th down defensive call by Pry that basically gave Fields a 22 yard run on 4th and 5, we are playing about as well as possible on defense. Limiting OSU to two TD’s with this kind of TOP imbalance is about all you can ask. If our offense doesn’t do something, expect it to get out of hand.
Offensively, we just do not have playmakers outside of K.J. and Pat. Clifford needs more than two receiving threats. He can run a bit but he can’t run like Trace or Fields. Our OL is so - so. But it’s really the wideouts where we are deficient and this is no surprise to any of us who have been watching the team play this year.

This half is why it is so impossible to take the people who blame everything on coaching seriously. It is pretty clear they have no idea what they are watching. The difference in this game is Fields’ ability to run and the O$U receiver’s ability to go up and make plays. Period. Outside of maybe spying a player instead of using a delayed blitz on a play or two our coaching staff has put these kids in a position to win. O$U has a better DL, secondary, OL, WRs and RBs than us. They SHOULD win based purely on talent. It’s why the NCAA and their utter lack of integrity is so maddening. Fields should not be on this field. Neither should Chase Young. Take off those two players and Franklin has done a phenomenal job stocking this team with the talent to compete with anyone.

This is the same Fields who couldn't unseat Jake Fromm at UGA. (my daughter is a senior there and I watched Eason lose his starting job to Fromm). Talent with our program is fantastic -- execution and coaching are lacking.

Reactions: Patterson825
I’d throw that screen to the back again. Except this time to 87 side, but have him go inside right over the ball. If that LBer runs out to the back , hit 87 if he doesn’t run the screen
The screen is always wide. Never a traditional screen to the RB.

This game comes down to our adjustments on Offense
I think we ride Cain/Fry.
Scrap the RPo, too much penetration and Clifford isn’t a mobile QB, he’s a passer

How about two TE? At least they both can catch

Reactions: NedFromYork
Who’s fault is it that there is better talent on the other team? That’s the coaching staff’s problem. This isn’t high school. You can get any player you want you just have to recruit them. More importantly you have to coach them up. We have a top 5 rated wide receiver who has been a ghost.
You are right. Please identify an available coach who can out recruit OSU?

Yep.

Listen I am not anit-Franklin. I will say, if think that Rhane is a good OC then you might want to take an honest look at his play calling. 80% of the time he is predictable. The offense performs despite Rhane.
A big part of the problem with predictability is the lack of playmakers at WR. We absolutely don’t have the guys that JoMo had to work with.

Reactions: CoastGuard2018
It could be worse. At least Clifford hasn't pulled a McGloin and thrown multiple pick-6's -- yet.
He threw a deep ball into double coverage that should have been picked off. Also the one to Shorter.

This is the same Fields who couldn't unseat Jake Fromm at UGA. (my daughter is a senior there and I watched Eason lose his starting job to Fromm). Talent with our program is fantastic -- execution and coaching are lacking.

You are hanging your hat on the fact Georgia made the wrong decision? How is that working for UGA? He was the number one recruit in the country for a reason. Talent on our our roster, on offense, isn’t close to the level of O$U. They have five star kids everywhere. We are inching closer but haven’t closed the gap and given our limitations in terms of, thankfully, not providing impermissible benefits we might never recruit on parity.

You are hanging your hat on the fact Georgia made the wrong decision? How is that working for UGA? He was the number one recruit in the country for a reason. Talent on our our roster, on offense, isn’t close to the level of O$U. They have five star kids everywhere. We are inching closer but haven’t closed the gap and given our limitations in terms of, thankfully, not providing impermissible benefits we might never recruit on parity.
He apparently thinks we out talent tOSU so he’s pretty f—king dumb.

Don't know, but I'm learning that opposing teams can rough our punter anytime they want and not have to worry about a penalty.

That was running into, not roughing, but still it's an automatic penalty that wasn't called, and the white hat saw it and tried to explain it away as it happened. Problem is you get graded on these calls and then nothing happens. Next official makes a terrible call next week and a few weeks later you cycle back into the big game of the week.

Rya Day should really send a nice, handwritten (in cursive) note to both the NCAA and Georgia for gifting them Fields. They are nowhere near the same team without him.

PSU: let's take 38 seconds to let the opponent review this non-catch

OSU: let's snap the ball immediately and take this non-catch and first down

Reactions: ILLINOISLION
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT