ADVERTISEMENT

This is what Pitt calls 50k attendance.

Pitt fans claim it really filled out after the game started...I doubt that is close to the truth but if it is I will ask why? You have James Conner coming back from cancer and you couldn't put down your Miller lite to get in the stadium on time?
Good god, man!! What is wrong with you?? Miller Lite?? No self respecting Yinzer would be could dead without an IC Light or a good ole Ahrn City, assuming they still make that swill. :)

9134837642fbafcd8d1d927d3e50f5af.jpeg

How many of those empty seats were held by Penn State fans who bought a season ticket and threw them away except for the game on Saturday? We'll see then.
I was at an event on Friday night and was shocked to hear how many PSU fans bought Pitt season tickets (for less than my mandatory "donation") just for tickets for Saturday and are dropping the rest on stubhub for $5 each (going rate??)

Reactions: simons96
Some base attendance based on actual count
Some base attendance on tickets sold
Pitt bases attendance on number of tickets printed:D

I heard they also include the upper deck seating at Beaver Stadium

since it IS practically in Pittsburgh

I was at an event on Friday night and was shocked to hear how many PSU fans bought Pitt season tickets (for less than my mandatory "donation") just for tickets for Saturday and are dropping the rest on stubhub for $5 each (going rate??)

I did the same a few years ago for PSU-Boston College tickets, and sold the balance at the stadium before the game.

It did actually fill in after the game started. I have no idea why this was, as I wasn't at the game, but from what I saw on the broadcast and Twitter, it got to the point where almost all of the lower bowl was filled and then a lot of the upper deck was as well.

It also emptied out after halftime because the sun was hitting down pretty hard and the weather was very hot (from what I've heard), and there was thousands of people sitting down in the Great Hall and the other new plaza sections in the concourse watching the game. There were also some that switched seats into some shade, but that will not be an option next week with how packed it's going to be.

50,000 was pretty good for a Pitt-Villanova game.

Pitt...the most supported second quarter team in the nation!

It did actually fill in after the game started. I have no idea why this was, as I wasn't at the game, but from what I saw on the broadcast and Twitter, it got to the point where almost all of the lower bowl was filled and then a lot of the upper deck was as well.

It also emptied out after halftime because the sun was hitting down pretty hard and the weather was very hot (from what I've heard), and there was thousands of people sitting down in the Great Hall and the other new plaza sections in the concourse watching the game. There were also some that switched seats into some shade, but that will not be an option next week with how packed it's going to be.

Sounds like the whole town is excited for sPitt Football. That will last exactly one more week.

Some base attendance based on actual count
Some base attendance on tickets sold
Pitt bases attendance on number of tickets printed:D
In the 1960s, Horlachers solf 5 16oz Carling Black label beers tor $1.00. It was a cheap yet setvicable Canadian beer.

I watched on ESPN.com and I didn't see the stadium fill up or get anywhere near 50,000.
Heinz Field capacity is 65,000 - there were at least 25-30k empty seats at best.

Reactions: john4psu

Yea that's it, that's the ticket!!!

I still don't understand why 90% of the fans wore the exact same mustard-yellow outfits to the game? Was ASWP hosting a "Mustard-Yellow Out" or something?

An inconvenient truth: they have 50,000 season ticket holders. All the Pitt season ticket holders were there yesterday, the Penn State season ticket holders were not. Look at that picture and imagine all those yellow seats suddenly a fan wearing white & that's what the crowd will look like next week.

Ha... so there were 50,000 at the game, but according to Twitter they arrived late and left before halftime. Classic.

Their/not theirs but Steelers Heinz will be filled next week and the next time it will be filled is during the next eight meaningful games in Pittsburgh, Steelers games.

You're welcome for the contribution.

Yellow seat colored sweatshirts must be getting really popular. Makes it hard to see all their fans though.

Even on the Liar there are Pitters who said it was more like 40,000. The rest lie to try and save face and the embarrassment regarding their program's lack of support on a beautiful fall day with a RibFest and a Pirate game to go to afterwards if they wanted to spend more time in town. Truly Pittethic.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT