ADVERTISEMENT

US Senior Nationals

Facundo vs Marinelli

I expect Alex to win.

Marinelli winning the push gave early. Facundo warned. Facundo on clock. Double unders Marinelli. 1-0 as clock expires. They trade shots. Kind of. 1-0 Marinelli at the break. Marinelli was in on a single at end of period.

Marinelli winning the ground location game. Backing Facundo up. Lateral drop by Marinelli. 5-0 Marinelli. It was impressive. He had Facundo at edge then used Facundo pushing back to throw him. Step out and it’s 6-0 Marinelli. 6-0 is the final. All Marinelli in that one.
Well, you called it.

Mark Hall vs Connor Mirasola

Hall high crotch. Not sure how Mirasola defended that but he did. Stalemate. Shot clock for Connor. 1-0 Mark as clock expires. 1-0 at the break.

Connor briefly had an ankle. Connor counter TD and it’s 2-1 Mirasola. Hall has a single and finishes. 3-2 Hall. Connor in on a single but Hall scores on a counter TD. 5-2 now. There the experience difference showed itself. Hall again counters a Connor shot and it’s 7-2. Can’t fault Mirasola for being aggressive. Hall shooting while up 7-2. Gets a double leg TD. End 9-2 Hall.

Last edited:
Steen vs Kamali

TD Steen 2-0. Trap arm turns each way and it’s quickly 6-0. In deep switches to double and it’s 8-0. I know nothing about Kamali but anyone that thinks Steen hasn’t improved is not watching him. Rolls him defending a shot and a quick 10-0 win for Steen.

Steen vs Kamali

TD Steen 2-0. Trap arm turns each way and it’s quickly 6-0. In deep switches to double and it’s 8-0. I know nothing about Kamali but anyone that thinks Steen hasn’t improved is not watching him. Rolls him defending a shot and a quick 10-0 win for Steen.
I watched him today

Barraclough vs Y Thomas

O-0 with 40 secs left in first and maybe an inadvertent head butt. Stops the action. 6-1 Barraclough after a shot clock point for Thomas, a TD by Barraclough right after and two exposures. 6-1 Barraclough at the break.

Thomas trying to go upper body but Barraclough gives him nothing. Barraclough has a single. Up on the air, trips and it’s 8-1. That’s how it ends.

Barraclough has jumped levels. And he was pretty good to begin with.

Last edited:
Cole Mirasola vs Cassioppi

Cass looks like a different person. Cole shoots, gets behind, but can’t get him to the mat. Cass gets a pushout. 1-0 Cass. Cole ankle pick but nothing. Cole shoots but Cass counters for two. Trap arm and it’s 5-0 Cass. Break.

Cass single leg. Gut. Gut. 11-0.

Cass looks like a different person. Cole shoots, gets behind, but can’t get him to the mat. Cass gets a pushout. 1-0 Cass. Cole ankle pick but nothing. Cole shoots but Cass counters for two. Trap arm and it’s 5-0 Cass. Break.

Lil Cass figures out his tank at 97kg he might be pretty good. Still slow footed.
Mirasola brothers are going to be good ones.

Reactions: mcpat
Barraclough vs Lavallee

Barraclough shoots and gets in deep but gets exposed while doing so. 2-0 Lavallee. 2-0 at the break.

Barraclough in deep again. Good scramble. No points? Not even a step out? They’re looking at it. 1 point step out. 2-1 Lavallee. Lavallee shoots but Barraclough defends. Barraclough shoots and gets the TD. Seemed like Lavallee wanted time for eye poke before the TD but no whistle. 3-2 Barraclough. Ends 3-2 Barraclough.

Another nice dub for him.

Last edited:
Beau will wrestle Alirez in the finals.

Nico and Hall also in finals. Vs Lee and Dieringer, respectively.

Lilledahl, Rodriquez, Barraclough, Facundo, Dean and Connor Mirasola are all still alive in the consis and each are one win away from qualifying for the Olympic trials.

Steen and Sealey will each wrestle for 7th.

Last edited:
I understand loyalty to the program but I also would be completely understanding if Claw transferred.

Kid could be a top 10 wrestler if he could get on the mat.
Unless he want Olympics then you need to train in that room

Reactions: mcpat
@GogglesPaizano still not impressed
No clue what you are talking about???? I think you have me mistaken with someone who might have talked about Cole Marisola, growing into a heavy. I will remain sceptical there until I get to see it, but much of our competition has a new young full sized blue chippers in the fold. Conner is a stud without question, and could and probably will go next year and I see AA potential for sure, let's see how high

Ja1339. Yep, I remain skeptical.

Barraclough vs Y Thomas

O-0 with 40 secs left in first and maybe an inadvertent head butt. Stops the action. 6-1 Barraclough after a shot clock point for Thomas, a TD by Barraclough right after and two exposures. 6-1 Barraclough at the break.

Thomas trying to go upper body but Barraclough gives him nothing. Barraclough has a single. Up on the air, trips and it’s 8-1. That’s how it ends.

Barraclough has jumped levels. And he was pretty good to begin with.
Geez 🔥

Barraclough will have a ton of options if he chooses to portal. Beat Caleb Fish this year and has clearly jumped a level in freestyle. Always gives the PSU starter hell (Levi and Mitch) Has been a kid who has improved everytime he goes up a weight. Definitely shows he is a Top 10 level guy and an AA candidate (without a ton of mileage either) I know he loves it here (has the Sanderson connection all the way to high school) and is loved by his teammates but man, have to imagine he wants one post season where he is the guy even if it's not here with how good he is.

Barraclough will have a ton of options if he chooses to portal. Beat Caleb Fish this year and has clearly jumped a level in freestyle. Always gives the PSU starter hell (Levi and Mitch) Has been a kid who has improved everytime he goes up a weight. Definitely shows he is a Top 10 level guy and an AA candidate (without a ton of mileage either) I know he loves it here (has the Sanderson connection all the way to high school) and is loved by his teammates but man, have to imagine he wants one post season where he is the guy even if it's not here with how good he is.
Season is just starting. It's really nice to know we have back ups who can step right in when needed. But I get the point of transferring as well.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT