ADVERTISEMENT

Video from Penn State vs Indiana

Annieat285

Jan 9, 2016
Sorry for the delay, like I said my upload speed is really bad and I went to bed early. For some reason there is no sound in the recordings (not sure why considering I did everything the same as last time) but the video is fine. The feed was lost for a few seconds during the Conaway match, but it comes back quickly.

Nickal got sloppy on the ride to give up the escape and sloppy on the throw to get put on his back. Some credit due his opponent for making the most of those opportunities and for successfully running away the rest of the match, but I don't see Nickal losing that matchup again. My only fear would be this loss hurting his confidence and making him tentative. But I think Cael and crew can coach him through it. They know the psychology of the young wrestler.
Also, if any of you has the number, I'd love to know how many third period takedowns Nolf has. Crazy pace.

Sorry for the delay, like I said my upload speed is really bad and I went to bed early. For some reason there is no sound in the recordings (not sure why considering I did everything the same as last time) but the video is fine. The feed was lost for a few seconds during the Conaway match, but it comes back quickly.

5 Star Poster right here. Thank you vm

Thanks! I had to chuckle when their 149 got a little chippy when they went off the mat (Retherford didn't even acknowldge it) Had to figure that wasn't going to end well for him, and it didn't.

So watching the Nickal / Jackson match on video was enlightening as I initially heard the call on the radio. While Bo got sloppy, Jackson impresses me and should have a bright future. He was more aggressive during the last couple of periods than I expected to see based on the radio description. Bo was obviously the aggressor since he was losing but Jackson hung in there pretty well and wasn't blatantly stalling ... he was blatantly playing defense and choosing his shots. There is nothing wrong with that when you have a lead.

The biggest thing our very aggressive wrestlers need to learn from matches like this is NOT that they should be less aggressive but realize that if your aggressiveness puts you in a hole, you need to be ultra aggressive the rest of the match to dig out of it. I think Nickal wasn't as aggressive in the 2nd period as he was in the third and ran out of time. Next time I bet he won't make that mistake.

Thanks! I had to chuckle when their 149 got a little chippy when they went off the mat (Retherford didn't even acknowldge it) Had to figure that wasn't going to end well for him, and it didn't.

I thought the exact same thing.

Just wanted to mention, I won't be recording the Nebraska match, as I will be at Rec Hall in person.

Geez, Annieat285, way to just think of yourself. ;)
Appreciate what you did giving us the chance to see this past weekend's duals!

Blatant stalling would be IU's 125 pounder. That kid should have been DQ'd out of the match. No way there shouldn't have been at least one more stall call in the 3rd.

Reactions: GOLDBANGER
Blatant stalling would be IU's 125 pounder. That kid should have been DQ'd out of the match. No way there shouldn't have been at least one more stall call in the 3rd.

Yeah, that seemed to be the most obvious and consistent example of stalling I've seen in a while.

So watching the Nickal / Jackson match on video was enlightening as I initially heard the call on the radio. While Bo got sloppy, Jackson impresses me and should have a bright future. He was more aggressive during the last couple of periods than I expected to see based on the radio description. Bo was obviously the aggressor since he was losing but Jackson hung in there pretty well and wasn't blatantly stalling ... he was blatantly playing defense and choosing his shots. There is nothing wrong with that when you have a lead.

The biggest thing our very aggressive wrestlers need to learn from matches like this is NOT that they should be less aggressive but realize that if your aggressiveness puts you in a hole, you need to be ultra aggressive the rest of the match to dig out of it. I think Nickal wasn't as aggressive in the 2nd period as he was in the third and ran out of time. Next time I bet he won't make that mistake.

Agree. Jackson is pretty good. I was surprised to see him taller and lankier than Bo....who I think is pretty tall and lanky for a 174. Has to be harder to throw someone who is taller than you.

I'm not sure Bo knew the score near the end from the way it looked.

Just wanted to mention, I won't be recording the Nebraska match, as I will be at Rec Hall in person.

If there was an unlike for posts, you would have gotten 1 from me for that post. Just when you were becoming an invaluable poster.

I kid (a bit) -- hard to begrudge anyone attending a home dual. You picked a good one to go to. Have fun.

So the videos for the Indiana match got taken down :(. I do, however, have some ideas for how I can prevent this in the future. The Purdue match seems to be fine, though, which makes the whole thing very puzzling.

They got the Purdue matches too. Tom do you know if there is a PM function on this website?

Tom do you know if there is a PM function on this website?

There is. However, it only works between people that are PT subscribers.

It appears you are a subscriber, so if you're asking if you can PM me, the answer is yes. Go to the top right of the window. You should see your avatar in a circle, then to the right of that your handle, then to the right of that an envelope, and to the right of that a flag. (If you don't see all of those things, expand the width of the window.) Click on the envelope. A Conversations drop-down menu should appear. Click on "Start a New Conversation." Then go to the Participants field, and key in the handle of the person you wish to communicate with. (It will auto-fill, but eventually only the handle you want to communicate with will appear -- click on that handle.) Then drop down to Conversation Title and enter a title, and then drop down to the text message area, and enter the message. When you are finished entered the message, click on the Start a Conversation button beneath the text message box.

Nickal got sloppy on the ride to give up the escape and sloppy on the throw to get put on his back. Some credit due his opponent for making the most of those opportunities and for successfully running away the rest of the match, but I don't see Nickal losing that matchup again. My only fear would be this loss hurting his confidence and making him tentative. But I think Cael and crew can coach him through it. They know the psychology of the young wrestler.
Also, if any of you has the number, I'd love to know how many third period takedowns Nolf has. Crazy pace.

I think Bo answered the question of confidence within the same match, going upper body for the next TD. I do think, though, that on Jackson's 6 pt move, Bo was overconfident in his ability to roll through without having sized up Jackson well enough. I was impressed that he nearly dug his way out despite Jackson's pretty good leg defense. I think whatever hesitation he might take as a lesson is a good one, he doesn't need to tech everyone to get to the top of 174 in March. He's got all the tools that if he stays within himself, that's more than enough.

So the videos for the Indiana match got taken down :(. I do, however, have some ideas for how I can prevent this in the future. The Purdue match seems to be fine, though, which makes the whole thing very puzzling.

Pretty sure I mentioned in another thread that was due to happen. Realize that your YT account could get nuked with enough incidents.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT