ADVERTISEMENT

Vote for the Hodge Trophy

Tom McAndrew

May 29, 2001
fans get to vote for the Hodge Trophy winner. The winner of the fan vote will receive 2 1st-place votes in the balloting.

to vote, CLICK HERE
(currently, WIN"s server seems to be having issues ... just a heads up)

vote early and vote often. ;)

Win's website is broken as of now. The humorous part was Flo provided a similar link on Facebook and more than one fan (fan of what I'm not sure) eagerly jumped at the opportunity to blame Flo for Win's error.

Reactions: lionlover
fans get to vote for the Hodge Trophy winner. The winner of the fan vote will receive 2 1st-place votes in the balloting.

to vote, CLICK HERE

EVERY GO IN AND KEEP VOTING FOR ZAIN !!!! I GOT IN AFTER A COUPLE TRIES....

to vote, CLICK HERE

Tom - Can you pin this up top ? Everyone keeps going in to vote for there guy...We have to beat all the others for Zain !

Geez, I thought it would be a little hiccup, but the servers problems have persisted on WIN's site most of the day.

Also, voting ends on March 25th, at 6 pm EDT

Close to Midnight...

Thank you for your vote!

Who should win the 2016 Hodge Trophy Presented by ASICS?

• Nahshon Garrett, Cornell - ( 63 votes )

• Kyle Snyder, Ohio State - ( 130 votes )

• Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State - ( 449 votes )

• Zain Retherford, Penn State - ( 778 votes )
Total Answers 1430
Total Votes 1509
Back To Vote

"Back to Vote" link a nice feature ... nice for Zain that is. He just picked up 5 votes and will get a bunch more from my phone during my 4+ hrs of mtgs tomorrow.

Just voted. The totals as of 7:57 this morning are:
ZR 3716
AD 2896
NG 659
KS 508

So apparently, there are eight criteria for the Hodge. :rolleyes:

1. Record
2. Number of pins
3. Dominance
4. Past Credentials
5. Quality of Competition
6. Sportsmanship/Citizenship
7. Heart
8. Stuffing the ballot box, Chicago style

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
As of 11:40 am

• Nahshon Garrett, Cornell - ( 717 votes )

• Kyle Snyder, Ohio State - ( 789 votes )

• Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State - ( 3269 votes )

• Zain Retherford, Penn State - ( 4222 votes )

...can this be sent to every member of the PSWC site also?...

...jes wunderin'...

Only 2 votes will result from the fan balloting, if it's like other years. 40+ votes from other sources around the country. It's never impacted 1st Place (or the Hodge Trophy Winner) before, but has affected other places in the standings.

to vote, CLICK HERE

Lets go guys Zain needs our votes over and over. Time is running out !!!!Keep trying if you can't get in....You will get in but it may take a couple tries. Zain is in first but Alex is not far behind....

Last edited:
Man, their bandwidth suck. Looks like they have their site hosted on shared server. I have been trying all day. The voting form hasn't went through yet. It just sets there trying to load the results page.

For the gods sake pay the extra 10 - 15 bucks a month to get the site off a shared server.

If the link doesn't work, you can vote on Twitter -- copy/paste this:
Zain Retherford #HodgeTrophy

Voting extended until 6 pm ET Friday.

As of this post ....
Garrett 869 votes
Snyder 1140 votes
Dieringer 8229 votes
Zpain 14233 votes

Total Votes 26856 (keep in mind there is an "Other" option)

to vote, CLICK HERE

Anybody willing to compare ZR and AD's strength of competition (I assume it's similar) and majors against top 10 or 20?

I just voted. Here's the latest as of 11:42 this morning.

Thank you for your vote!

Who should win the 2016 Hodge Trophy Presented by ASICS?

• Nahshon Garrett, Cornell - ( 1079 votes )

• Kyle Snyder, Ohio State - ( 1243 votes )

• Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State - ( 13983 votes )

• Zain Retherford, Penn State - ( 18445 votes )
Total Answers 34783
Total Votes 41824

to vote, CLICK HERE

I finally was able to access it. I did not want to be a "homer" for Zain, but voting for Zain is easily backed up by points per match. Applying 6 points for a pin, 5 for a TF, 4 for a MD, and 3 for a Dec., the math is Zain (4.94), Dieringer (4.76), Garrett (4.46) and Snyder (4.36).

I realize this isn't the only criteria, but it certainly helps to make a compelling case for Zain.

I finally was able to access it. I did not want to be a "homer" for Zain, but voting for Zain is easily backed up by points per match. Applying 6 points for a pin, 5 for a TF, 4 for a MD, and 3 for a Dec., the math is Zain (4.94), Dieringer (4.76), Garrett (4.46) and Snyder (4.36).

I realize this isn't the only criteria, but it certainly helps to make a compelling case for Zain.

Anybody willing to compare ZR and AD's strength of competition (I assume it's similar) and majors against top 10 or 20?
Against All-Americans:
Zain faced 10, Ringer 4.

Zain: 3 dec, 2 MD, 1 TF, 4 pins --> 46 pts --> 4.6 avg

Ringer: 2 dec, 2 MD --> 3.5 avg

Only 2 votes will result from the fan balloting, if it's like other years. 40+ votes from other sources around the country. It's never impacted 1st Place (or the Hodge Trophy Winner) before, but has affected other places in the standings.
Looks like the Pokes are currently putting up almost twice as many votes but the Lions are still ahead by about 3K.

Against All-Americans:
Zain faced 10, Ringer 4.

Zain: 3 dec, 2 MD, 1 TF, 4 pins --> 46 pts --> 4.6 avg

Ringer: 2 dec, 2 MD --> 3.5 avg

Good contrast. For the sake of argument, do you have Garrett's statistics against All Americans?

Nahshon Garrett, Cornell - ( 1265 votes )
Kyle Snyder, Ohio State - ( 1468 votes )
Alex Dieringer, Oklahoma State - ( 18632 votes )
Zain Retherford, Penn State - ( 21074 votes )

to vote, CLICK HERE

Guys i just looked and Alex is catching Zain. Boyd sending out tweets to vote for Alex...GET ON AND VOTE AND VOTE OVER AND OVER. WE ONLY HAVE UNTIL TOMORROW EVENING !!!! PLEASE KEEP VOTING. YOU CAN VOTE AS MUCH AS YOU WANT...WAIT IT OUT IF YOU HAVE TOO. THERE IS A GOOD LINK HALF WAY DOWN ON A POST ABOUT THE HODGE ON FIGHT ON STATE.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT