ADVERTISEMENT

WE ARE...8-2.

BobPSU92

May 6, 2015
I know we suck and the program should be burned down to the ground, again, but 8-2 still isn’t bad all things considered. We are turrible, but I think Franklin is headed in the right direction, provided the program isn’t burned down to the ground, again.

Let’s stand by Franklin, the staff, and the players, all the while acknowledging that they are all horrendous.

:eek:

I know we suck and the program should be burned down to the ground, again, but 8-2 still isn’t bad all things considered. We are turrible, but I think Franklin is headed in the right direction, provided the program isn’t burned down to the ground, again.

Let’s stand by Franklin, the staff, and the players, all the while acknowledging that they are all horrendous.

11-penn-state-player-left-hanging-high-five-gif.gif

beginning to think that many PSU "fans" are only children who have been indulged by parents and now enjoy trust funds.....etc. This is a team that happens to have exceptional skill position athletes while the rebuilding of the O and D lines lags behind. Who cannot be thrilled to watch the likes of Marcus Allen and Jason Cabinda? These kids relish contact and lay it on the line every week.
Its unfortunate that Barkley didn't have an accomplished line to guarantee him the Heisman. However in a few months he will be a multi-millionaire and the good exposure he has brought to the program should never be forgotten. Win the next two and a bowl and this will be the second consecutive top ten finish. Grow up for God's sake.

beginning to think that many PSU "fans" are only children who have been indulged by parents and now enjoy trust funds.....etc. This is a team that happens to have exceptional skill position athletes while the rebuilding of the O and D lines lags behind. Who cannot be thrilled to watch the likes of Marcus Allen and Jason Cabinda? These kids relish contact and lay it on the line every week.
Its unfortunate that Barkley didn't have an accomplished line to guarantee him the Heisman. However in a few months he will be a multi-millionaire and the good exposure he has brought to the program should never be forgotten. Win the next two and a bowl and this will be the second consecutive top ten finish. Grow up for God's sake.

I really am not interested in top 10 finishes, are you?

James Franklin seems like a good guy, and without question is a great recruiter. In game coaching...meh.

His use of the greatest running back in Penn State history, makes me miss SB before he's gone. And the sprint to turn Koa Farmer around was flat out bullshit, grandstanding.

Praise in public, corrections should occur out of public eye.

Reactions: zubrus1

James Franklin seems like a good guy, and without question is a great recruiter. In game coaching...meh.

His use of the greatest running back in Penn State history, makes me miss SB before he's gone. And the sprint to turn Koa Farmer around was flat out bullshit, grandstanding.

Yes, please don't correct the children in public, it will hurt their self esteem. You play to win the game. I don't give a shit who scores. This isn't fantasy football which is your niche. Top ten finishes mean nothing. So your a there's only one winner kind of stud....so 120 college football teams might as well spend the fall jerking off?

Yes, please don't correct the children in public, it will hurt their self esteem. You play to win the game. I don't give a shit who scores. This isn't fantasy football which is your niche. Top ten finishes mean nothing. So your a there's only one winner kind of stud...so 120 college football teams might as well spend the fall jerking off?
No I'm not a stud. Just think when you compete in athletics, top ten doesn't mean alot. Who was ranked #9 last year....and who was ranked #5? Does it matter?

I know this team might be a bit better than #14, with the talent they have on board. I'm not a participation rah, rah guy.

beginning to think that many PSU "fans" are only children who have been indulged by parents and now enjoy trust funds.....etc.............
Win the next two and a bowl and this will be the second consecutive top ten finish. Grow up for God's sake.
If fans got into the games for free I would agree with you. They don't, and so they have every right to be critical. This is a business and if the patrons don't like the product they can complain, or stop buying. Most do the former before they do the latter. There is nothing childish about that.

The Farmer incident was grandstanding? Umm. No.

You seem very interested in being tool

Reactions: mn78psu83
If fans got into the games for free I would agree with you. They don't, and so they have every right to be critical. This is a business and if the patrons don't like the product they can complain, or stop buying. Most do the former before they do the latter. There is nothing childish about that.

I agree. Legitimate criticism is very fair and, after all, this is a message board dedicated to discussing PSU football- the good, bad, and ugly.

While there are some posters that can take complaining too far, there are just as many here who are unable to tolerate any criticism of Penn State.

The Farmer incident was grandstanding? Umm. No.
Umm...yes it was. The better teaching moment would have occured in the locker room between coach and player.

Instead, he got to dress down his player in the bright lights and everyone got to see the sprint across the field.

I am very happy to have Franklin as our coach, he's brought us back to relevance. Like all of us, he's got work to do before being annointed "quintessential".

Umm...yes it was. The better teaching moment would have occured in the locker room between coach and player.

Instead, he got to dress down his player in the bright lights and everyone got to see the sprint across the field.

I am very happy to have Franklin as our coach, he's brought us back to relevance. Like all of us, he's got work to do before being annointed "quintessential".

I’ve already been anointed. What are you waiting for?

I’ve already been anointed. What are you waiting for?
A National Championship in football. It felt so good being atop of the football world in 1986.

I'm a selfish prick, but would like to experience it one more time before being cremated.

No I'm not a stud. Just think when you compete in athletics, top ten doesn't mean alot. Who was ranked #9 last year....and who was ranked #5? Does it matter?

I know this team might be a bit better than #14, with the talent they have on board. I'm not a participation rah, rah guy.

No, you're definitely not a stud. I won't elaborate on what I think you are, as it would not be polite.

No, this is bull excrement. Anyone who doesn't understand that we are still recovering from undeserving sanctions, doesn't have enough sense to be taken seriously. We are going to be unfairly handicapped for even next year and probably 2019. We are not as good as Alabama/OSU/Clemson and several others because of our handicap. We have and are winning some games because our coaches are scheming us some wins. It might take another two years before we are equal to the cream of the crop in talent.
Your right about one thing, he can complain, but doing so shows a lack of football smarts.
I'll gladly take top ten finishes probably till 2019 and not complain about the coaches.

No, this is bull excrement. Anyone who doesn't understand that we are still recovering from undeserving sanctions, doesn't have enough sense to be taken seriously. We are going to be unfairly handicapped for even next year and probably 2019. We are not as good as Alabama/OSU/Clemson and several others because of our handicap. We have and are winning some games because our coaches are scheming us some wins. It might take another two years before we are equal to the cream of the crop in talent.
Your right about one thing, he can complain, but doing so shows a lack of football smarts.
I'll gladly take top ten finishes probably till 2019 and not complain about the coaches.

I think we are every bit as good as anyone except Alabama over the last 2 years. They are the outlier. They seemingly never have an off day.

The thing which makes college football so awesome is the fact home field advantage is so huge. Does anyone believe Ohio State is worse than Iowa on a neutral field or that we are worse than Michigan State? But any given day.... as they say.

When you throw away 2 games you should have won, you can use sanctions as an excuse if you want but others may choose not to. Whether you take them seriously or not is up to you, but to say they lack football smarts because they argue the other side is presumptuous.

Reactions: TheGLOV and psu2016
PSU has had 4 consecutive top 25 classes. We've averaged 2nd or 3rd in the BiG. The coaches aren't just scheming to win. The team has legitimate talent.

I think the sanctions are still hurting PSU at a couple of positions but I think it's unrealistic to say our recruiting would would be as good as Alabama & OSU if not for the sanctions. You just can't assume that.

Reactions: fairgambit
PSU has had 4 consecutive top 25 classes. We've averaged 2nd or 3rd in the BiG. The coaches aren't just scheming to win. The team has legitimate talent.

I think the sanctions are still hurting PSU at a couple of positions but I think it's unrealistic to say our recruiting would would be as good as Alabama & OSU if not for the sanctions. You just can't assume that.

AHEAD. OF. SCHEDULE! :eek:

When you throw away 2 games you should have won, you can use sanctions as an excuse if you want but others may choose not to. Whether you take them seriously or not is up to you, but to say they lack football smarts because they argue the other side is presumptuous.

+1,000,000

THAT plus sending in your backup QB for 1 darn play!

Reactions: fairgambit
We lost to OSU by one on their home field even after losing our starting DE on the first play from scrimmage and by far our best OL in the 3rd quarter. We beat them last season. Can we please stop this stupid meme that we had no shot at beating them and that they are so so much better than us?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT