ADVERTISEMENT

Who would win between Bama and UCF?

Bama may score 100 vs UCF D.. Didn't Austin Peay score 40 vs them?

SMU, Navy. and Memphis hung with them, Bama is 1000 better then all of them.
Umm, Austin Pea lost 73-33. Not sure that 40 pt win is a knock on UCF. On the others, all wins by at least a TD and Memphis lost by almost 30 in one of their losses to UCF.

Why did Colorado St and 6 loss Texas A&M hang with Bama? Why did Miss St almost beat Bama holding their lead into the 4th Q? Why did Bama lose to Auburn by 2 scores when UCF handled them?

The only thing definitive in "what if" scenarios: '94 Lions over '94 Cornhuskers.

The rest are mysteries lost to chance.

Lots of pouting going on. How would PSU have done against Auburn is the real question and will never be answered.

We'll never know. The only thing we do know is that undefeated UCF handled the Auburn team that beat Bama by 2 scores.

Who wins in a Bama - Georgia game that is officiated correctly?

Admittedly, I did not watch the game. But I saw the posts here discussing how Georgia was hosed in an overtime game multiple times. But I didn't realize until I read the article attached just how bad and how critical the biased officiating was. Crazy. I'm not sure how anyone can even claim that Bama is any kind of champion with the game appearing to be fixed.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...lls-went-against-Georgia-vs-Alabama-113446611

Would Bama beat Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St?

So the B1G went 7 wins and 1 Michigan during the bowl season and 3-0 in NY6 while the SEC had a losing record in the bowls. The SEC plays 1 less conference game which equals 1 more crème puff style bye week late in their season instead of back to back games against quality opponents. Bama didn't play back to back ranked teams the entire regular season, they didn't play a championship game, and they dodged Georgia in their cross-over games. Meanwhile, Ohio $t had to follow their lucky a$$ win over Penn St with a night road trip to Iowa where top 5 teams have gone down just about every year. Penn St had @ Northwestern, Michigan, @ Ohio St, and @ Mich St in consecutive games. No team in the nation would have been unscathed. Meanwhile, Bama lost to one of the few teams it played that was decent but never had 2 weeks in a row of good opponents. I don't think Bama would have been in the playoff if it was in the B1G East division.

Conclusion, the season is over and we really have no idea who the best team would be. UCF has the best claim being undefeated and beating the team that handled Alabama easily. Georgia possibly with honest officiating. Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St (lost by fewer combined points than any team with a loss) all very well could have been the best team from the best conference that was conveniently dodged in the "playoff". I guess we will never know. Until it's changed, there really is no need to watch college football, as much as I love it, outside of Penn St games. It is perhaps going the way of the NFL.
alabama is way better!! alabama would win.

We'll never know. The only thing we do know is that undefeated UCF handled the Auburn team that beat Bama by 2 scores.

Who wins in a Bama - Georgia game that is officiated correctly?

Admittedly, I did not watch the game. But I saw the posts here discussing how Georgia was hosed in an overtime game multiple times. But I didn't realize until I read the article attached just how bad and how critical the biased officiating was. Crazy. I'm not sure how anyone can even claim that Bama is any kind of champion with the game appearing to be fixed.

https://247sports.com/college/penn-...lls-went-against-Georgia-vs-Alabama-113446611

Would Bama beat Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St?

So the B1G went 7 wins and 1 Michigan during the bowl season and 3-0 in NY6 while the SEC had a losing record in the bowls. The SEC plays 1 less conference game which equals 1 more crème puff style bye week late in their season instead of back to back games against quality opponents. Bama didn't play back to back ranked teams the entire regular season, they didn't play a championship game, and they dodged Georgia in their cross-over games. Meanwhile, Ohio $t had to follow their lucky a$$ win over Penn St with a night road trip to Iowa where top 5 teams have gone down just about every year. Penn St had @ Northwestern, Michigan, @ Ohio St, and @ Mich St in consecutive games. No team in the nation would have been unscathed. Meanwhile, Bama lost to one of the few teams it played that was decent but never had 2 weeks in a row of good opponents. I don't think Bama would have been in the playoff if it was in the B1G East division.

Conclusion, the season is over and we really have no idea who the best team would be. UCF has the best claim being undefeated and beating the team that handled Alabama easily. Georgia possibly with honest officiating. Ohio St, Wisconsin, and Penn St (lost by fewer combined points than any team with a loss) all very well could have been the best team from the best conference that was conveniently dodged in the "playoff". I guess we will never know. Until it's changed, there really is no need to watch college football, as much as I love it, outside of Penn St games. It is perhaps going the way of the NFL.

While UCF should be commended on a fine season, UCF beat Auburn in a game that meaningless to Auburn but was the equivalent to a championship game to UCF. If Auburn were playing UCF in a playoff game, I believe the game would have been very different. There is no question in my mind that Alabama would have destroyed UCF if they met in the playoffs. I think UCF loses 9 out of 10 games to each playoff team if they met in a playoff type of atmosphere.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT