ADVERTISEMENT

Who's Number One - Sept 29 @ Johnstown, PA

I haven’t been in Johnstown for years since MS states a while back. I might be going for this one. Bo and Jax have some pull to get WNO in their home town.
I think the small D2 school will sell out fast with those two being local. Bring the event to Rec Hall already

Reactions: johnstownsteel
Who else is staying at JTS's Bed and Breakfast for WNO?

I hear the Breakfast has a good selection of Pop Tarts, and the gift shop has a lot of Beat Iowa gear. The rooms are quaint just don't take the basement room. The shuttle bus (Van) was last used during Jerry Garcia's last tour. The rooms facing the Conemaugh River are said to rival the view if the Seine River.

The Host is amazing!

It's cheaper than the cottages on South Fork Lake.

Who else is staying at JTS's Bed and Breakfast for WNO?

I hear the Breakfast has a good selection of Pop Tarts, and the gift shop has a lot of Beat Iowa gear. The rooms are quaint just don't take the basement room. The shuttle bus (Van) was last used during Jerry Garcia's last tour. The rooms facing the Conemaugh River are said to rival the view if the Seine River.

The Host is amazing!

It's cheaper than the cottages on South Fork Lake.
Just don’t go to the basement.

Munaretto vs Villasenor. Should be good. In the article it says Villasenor just moved from CO to Stillwater. I don’t blame him but being from CO it sucks. CO has some good programs but Stillwater is one of the best in the country plus being able to train at the RTC

Reactions: danoftw and rcsone1
This event looks fun. I wish it was still in the snake pit in Lehigh. I might try to get off work and go to Johnstown. I was there one other time for kids states. PA should have a bunch on the card.

Reactions: johnstownsteel

#1 at 215 Jude Correa vs #1 at heavy Nicholas Sahakian. Super interesting because both are committed to Michigan. I see Correa as a 197 but if not this could end up being the first of many matches with the starting spot on the line

Anthony Knox vs Aaron Seidel for the #1 spot at 126. Knox is committed to Cornell and Seidel to VA Tech. They have wrestled in freestyle, with Knox winning, but this will be their first match in folkstyle. If Knox wins he will be the first to ever win WNO four years in a row.

Jax Forrest vs Seth Mendoza at 132. This will be their 4th matchup in just this past year. Jax won their only folkstyle match 8-5 last December at the Carnahan. This summer they split their freestyle matches 1-1. Mendoza teched Jax 12-1 at the US open and then Jax responded with a :30 tech in the Fargo finals

Mendoza is a Mizzou commit while Jax is headed to PSU (hopefully).

At 138lbs we have Sergio Vega vs Drew Gorman. This will be their first matchup in folkstyle but have wrestled once before in freestyle with Vega winning 10-2 in the Fargo finals. This is the second matchup between Cornell and VA Tech commits with Vega headed to Ithaca and Gorman to Blacksburg.

Ryan Burton vs LaDarion Lockett
Burton is #1 at 175 while Lockett is #1 at 165. Burton is headed to VA Tech and Lockett to Okie State. Burton won Fargo this year and beat Adam Waters and Will Henckel on his way to gold. Lockett just won silver at U20 worlds. They have never met before. Looks like one of the better matchups on the card so far

Was not expecting Sahakian to be able to continue. Looked seriously hurt.

Reactions: AtownPoke
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT