ADVERTISEMENT

Why "Social Media" is great....

In response to the above.

I could use an education on this one. Arnold says he was told by Brands he was going 184 the day before, so I guess we can assume his walking around weight is somewhat around 182 (due to the weight in)?

So if he had previously certified at 174, it seems reasonable he has to shed 8 lbs or so each time he goes 174. Many middle to upper with guys have 8 lb cuts or more, so this isn't uncommon.

By virtue of 'officially weighing in' for an event above 174, does that act then officially place him at a new certification, and weight decent plan if he wants to return to the previously certified weight?

Namely he was ok for 174 last week, but now he is temporarily stuck up at 184, and has to get back on a multi week decent plan back down to 174?

Still 1.5% per week, right? So if he really weighed in 182, then it would be 3 weeks until he could wrestle 174 again, which would reset every time he steps on the scale.

Still 1.5% per week, right? So if he really weighed in 182, then it would be 3 weeks until he could wrestle 174 again, which would reset every time he steps on the scale.
Meanwhile, Kennedy gets a few more goes vs Penn & Columbia. Makes sense to me.

Yep, 3 weeks
182*((0.985)^3=173.93.
Mathematically correct, but he'd have to hit the target weight on the nose every weigh-in for the next 3 weeks, since the equation resets with each weigh-in.

So it's more likely that he wouldn't go 174 for 4 weeks, unless he does not weigh in again until 3 weeks from the ISU dual.

Mathematically correct, but he'd have to hit the target weight on the nose every weigh-in for the next 3 weeks, since the equation resets with each weigh-in.

So it's more likely that he wouldn't go 174 for 4 weeks, unless he does not weigh in again until 3 weeks from the ISU dual.
Too many words 😉

So we probably won't see him for thise three weeks he is not needed.

Maybe TnT have it together more than we think?🤷

Probably wasn't exactly 182.00, and who knows the precision of the scales. So yeah, 3 or 4 weeks.

DT is a world class athlete and has a huge motor for a wrestler. But man, I was expecting a lot, lot higher than 291w for 20min. Particularly given how big he is. That said, I don’t know when this test was taken relative to his training cycle.

For reference, a female friend of mine from grad school was 62kg and had an FTP of 290 and is now a former Women’s WorldTour pro. She’s producing almost 50% more watts/kg than he is. At 65kg, I can tow my kids around in kid trailer at 300w+ for more than an hour and a half. A WorldTour climber like Sepp Kuss weighs 60kg and can do 360+ for an hour, after several hours of racing and thousands of meters of climbing before that.

Just shows you how relative AND specific fitness is, I guess.

Last edited:
The Daily Iowan running a dual-byline piece with each author taking a turn to answer the question of who will win the NCAA tournament this year. Matt McGowan takes Penn State while Brad Schultz makes the argument for Iowa.

I suspect the point / counterpoint angle was an editorial mandate prior to the piece being written because it's written for very casual fans and not particularly mindful of reality.

Reactions: hlstone
The Daily Iowan running a dual-byline piece with each author taking a turn to answer the question of who will win the NCAA tournament this year. Matt McGowan takes Penn State while Brad Schultz makes the argument for Iowa.

I suspect the point / counterpoint angle was an editorial mandate prior to the piece being written because it's written for very casual fans and not particularly mindful of reality.

Hopefully Brad checked in with MSU158. He always has a fanciful path to an Iowa title

I carried 2 cases of Yuengling bottles up a fight of stairs last week and needed to sit down. Wonder what the math is on that…. They were heavy.
After going up against a fight of chairs I would have needed to sit down too 😉
Falling Down Stairs GIF by Michigan State Athletics

Last edited:

Even the Penn State pick short changed CS at 174.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT