ADVERTISEMENT

WSOC in national championship game 12 noon today...

dcf4psu

Nov 7, 2003
State College
Against Duke - on ESPNU.

I don't watch too much soccer, but will watch this. I believe they lost the national championship game 2 or three years ago to North Carolina.

Does anyone have a link to audio for the game? Or anything online? DVR'ing it at home but trying to get some things done in the office today.

dukefail_194.jpg

Would appreciate posts updating the score, etc during the game. I would normally do that, but I have another commitment.

I'll try to help out Tom....Looking forward to the game this afternoon.

Against Duke - on ESPNU.

I don't watch too much soccer, but will watch this. I believe they lost the national championship game 2 or three years ago to North Carolina.
Yes, they lost to the University of North Carolina, 4-1, after scoring the first goal.

PSU (6?) was ranked much higher than Duke (20?) going into this championship tournament.

But the Duke team has been giant killers in their run to the finals. They knocked off 3 teams ranked higher than PSU to make the finals.

Looks like a strong PSU defense against a very potent Duke offense.

Let's go Nittsny Lions!

Slow start first 5 min, not a lot of action

Then Krause with a shot from outside the box that sailed over the goal

Then Duke came back with a crossing ball through the box that we headed out, but the Duke girl got the ball and had a good shot from just outside the box, missed the goal to the right

PSU with a nice run in the 32nd min. got into the box and had a nice shot on goal from the right side....Duke keeper with the stop

PSU put some pressure on in the 24th min, and won the first corner of the match

Crouse with a nice run into the box, but was way on the left side of the box when she tracked the ball down, no angle for a shot. Made a pass to the front and we had a good shot, but Duke defender deflected it and the keeper picked it up. Best chance so far

Nice diagonal ball played across the goal crease, PSU went for a header to score and just missed the Duke keeper was way off her line to try and defend the shot

Duke with a nice cross and instead of what was meant as a pass, turned into an almost goal for Duke. The pass turned toward the top corner of the net, but just was a bit high.

Great corner for PSU, right to a header for a score, but the Duke Keeper was in the right spot to make the catch,

Worst first half they played all year, Especially Rodriguez. She wasn't using her space at all. Her first touch was atrocious.

Penn State outside mids got to hustle back on Duke's counters.

Not sure what these announcers are watching. One way traffic for us for a large part of that half. Duke dangerous out wide, but very shaky in possession.

We look the better team, but have to attack more. Their back line looks shaky

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT