ADVERTISEMENT

WVU believes they have turned the corner.

They lost their all-American center (Steelers second-round pick), all-conference LT, and a pretty darn good Xfer TE IIRC. I would suspect that their running game won't be as good but their passing game will be better. One issue for their QB Greene is that they don't have to worry about getting planted while at the Manning Passing Camp. Nor will they have to read shifting defenses

first games are always unnerving and typically have a lot of mistakes. With a new OC and DC and an away game in a very hostile environment, this is no gimme.
Frazier was great but I don't see any issues with replacement. He was guard for years plus numerous seniors are on the chart, with stable of RBs. I think Kole was TE last year and back so no issues from what I read

Reactions: Obliviax
lol same shit we here every year when PSU plays Maryland. Lots of hype then an ass whipping. Penn State is 31-2 vrs them since 1970 and will be 32-2
Speaking of Maryland I watched a recording I made of last year’s Maryland game on Saturday evening. Allar had a good game and we embarrassed them again. What was especially satisfying was Kaytron Allen’s 10 yard pile driver of a run for a score out of the old T formation. It broke Maryland’s back and left them beat for good. Lots of pushing and shoving after the play as Maryland’s pride was trampled again. Aaaaaahhhhhhh !!

They return most of that offensive line, but I think they lost their center, who was probably the best in all of college football last year. Defensively they will be improved. They will not be an easy out and we will need to at least play our B plus game to win. If we don't show up it will not go well.

Being bowl bound doesn't make you a good team. You can be 5-7 playing in a bowl.

We bring our C+ game we find a way to win. Its WVU's opener as well with lots of kids playing their first "meaningful" snaps
Except WVU was 9-4 last year but you can keep on beating the same dead horse to your heart’s content.

Reactions: bison13
Except WVU was 9-4 last year but you can keep on beating the same dead horse to your heart’s content.
8-4 without a decent win. Got lucky and played only OU that was borderline good and got killed. Again, who was their best win? People want to pretend they're good incorrectly believing that makes us better. They're s lay up. Watch what OU did to them.

Speaking of Maryland I watched a recording I made of last year’s Maryland game on Saturday evening. Allar had a good game and we embarrassed them again. What was especially satisfying was Kaytron Allen’s 10 yard pile driver of a run for a score out of the old T formation. It broke Maryland’s back and left them beat for good. Lots of pushing and shoving after the play as Maryland’s pride was trampled again. Aaaaaahhhhhhh !!
We were at that game. Beat down.

Suddenly have faith in the coach and his system. Means fans are excited and will be fired up for our game bigly.

We will need to get up early and silence the crowd. Can’t allow them to hang around late.

Should be a great game to attend.

I thought they turned the corner last year after their loss to us. Their recruiting seems to be on a bit of an uptick for them.

I expect a tough game from them in their own house. We have issues that have yet to be resolved especially on the OL.

Will Alar be improved? That's a big question that has yet to be answered.

We have a lot of moving parts with a new DC and OC.

The DL has questions. IMO we will have to play mistake free ball to keep it from being a fight in our opener down there.

Last edited:
I thought they turned the corner last year after their loss to us. Their recruiting seems to be on a bit of an uptick for them.

I expect a tough game from them in their own house. We have issues that have yet to be resolved especially on the OL.

Will Alar be improved? That's a big question that has yet to be answered.

We have a lot of moving parts with a new DC and OC. The

DL has questions. IMO we will have to play mistake free ball to keep it from being a fight in our opener down there.
Yeppers, will be a dog fight. Would be very helpful to get up early and quite the crowd.

Eh, I think it'll be similar to last year. Although, the two missed FGs made that game closer than it should've been at halftime.

They lost their C Frazier, who may have been the best Center in college football last season. The left side of their line is definitely their strength, but the right side is a complete question mark. I think eventually our front 7 is too much. If we get any sort of a lead they'll be in major trouble moving to a pass heavy offense vs. our pass rush and secondary.

The key will be getting the offensive attack moving the ball early. It will be interesting what AK's plan of attack is early in the season - does he trust Allar to let it fly for 300+ yards in the opener (like last year), or do we get to a more run heavy/first offense to wear down opposing teams. WVU's defense is not expected to put up much of a fight next season.

Reactions: lazydave841
Yeppers, will be a dog fight. Would be very helpful to get up early and quite the crowd.
I've made that trip down there many times way back when. There were a lot of years where my group never missed an away game. Even in our best years when we went to WVU they were a tough crowd.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT