ADVERTISEMENT

10/16 College football games thread

If you hit the pylon diving for a td with the ball, it’s a touchdown, pylon is still out of bounds, right? It’s just the rule.
It hits pylon, it’s end zone.

With the ball as an extension of your body while diving. Going through the end zone on a loose ball is a touchback. Bouncing out at one off the pylon?

I have no idea. That was the easiest call, and we all agree it hit the pylon.

Did some reading on this. I got the ruling correct but the reasoning wrong.

Pylon is not part of the end zone. It is out of bounds behind the line of the end zone.

So if the ball touches the pylon it is deemed to have crossed the goal line. It does not have to hit the inside edge of the pylon.

Touchdown if in possession. Touchback if a loose ball.

Purdue doing a great job chewing up clock on this drive. Gotta hand it to them, they are doing what they need to do to win.

Me last week…me this week

DCE7-EFB6-79-D4-4510-A988-B034-C5-C337-A1.gif

He was one of the ones who got away that hurt.
Which in no way should imply that if he would have been on the field for penn state that would have been the difference and penn state would have beaten iowa. That's not how it works

My favorite part about this loss is that they will fall behind PSU in the Rankings - and deservedly so. It will be beyond clear to pollsters that the only reason Iowa won last week was Cliff getting hurt with PSU leading 17-3 and barely a quarter expired (PSU had ~200 yards of offense, mostly passing, at the time).... and Iowa's Offense has laid another, in a long line of, turds and the Purdue Passing Game is shredding Iowa's zone defenses just like Cliff was....

IOW, it is beyond obvious to any marginally knowledgeable football viewer that the squakeyes aren't the #2 team, but are probably not even a top ten team.

I heard an interesting stat earlier today. Purdue has more wins (8) as an unranked team over the number two ranked team than anyone else. Looking like they’ll have number nine soon.
They have beaten Notre Dame several times as an unranked team when ND was ranked.

Which in no way should imply that if he would have been on the field for penn state that would have been the difference and penn state would have beaten iowa. That's not how it works
No kidding. Who implied that? Certainly not anyone with a single logical bone in their body. Just a general observation.

Reactions: PSUriseANDfire
So how many of you are going to go over to the IA board and give them “moral support” for their blowout loss?

Reactions: ram2020
There is little doubt that the PSU game film from the first 18 minutes of the PSU game gave Purdue the gameplan. Purdue has 459 yards offense - 80 rushing and 378 Passing. Purdue came out with a gameplan to attack Iowa's soft, underneath zones just as PSU did.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT