ADVERTISEMENT

2017 Recruiting Class Thread

I also wish him well. I understand wanting to go to school with you girlfriend, but I'm sure that being a football player (at Penn State or most other D1 schools) would have afforded him plenty of opportunities to replace her...
I, for one, will be surprised if he has the same girlfriend / significant other a couple of years from now.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Roberts was not a miss. He was a package deal with his brother. He brother is not good enough to make that a worthwhile arrangement
I didn't mean it as a "we missed" comment. I meant it as, I feel he will be the best of all of the prospects we were in on this year. In this aspect, it is a miss. I agree, on not taking a package deal.

Did he visit PSU this weekend per his twitter? Guess it doesn't matter.

As to his twitter nonsense....I guess now she can give him his balls back.

giphy.gif

You mean you didn't see this coming? SHOCKED I tell you!!! ;-)
Name anyone who did? The VT insider who said they were in on him for months stated he was firm just last week. Nobody picked him to flip on his official, but you sure showed me. :rolleyes:

I missed your post calling this, but then again I know better.

Reactions: TheGLOV
It is surprising to me that grown men tweet at kids making their college decision. If you are tweeting a high school kid about his choice to play at VT over PSU...you have some serious issues

Are they? Didn't see anything negative under his announcement when I looked.

I don't know that anyone is in this instance. My comment was more of a general one. If you are tweeting at high school kids about their college choice then you have issues.

Reactions: Nitt1300
Where do we go from here Judge? What does your gut tell you? Brooks? We definitely need a LB.... Have Lavar help bring Brooks to State College?

Bowen
Cabinda
Farmer

Smith
Brown
Cooper

Jarvis Miller now at linebacker. Move Shaka Toney to LB. Two incoming frosh. Not bad.

Incoming frosh wouldn't make any difference for 2017 anyway.

I remember everyone hyperventilating ALL last offseason about defensive tackle. OH MY GOD we're so screwed at DT. Of course it was fine.

We'll probably add another before LOI day anyway.

Bowen
Cabinda
Farmer

Smith
Brown
Cooper

Jarvis Miller now at linebacker. Move Shaka Toney to LB. Two incoming frosh. Not bad.

Incoming frosh wouldn't make any difference for 2017 anyway.

I remember everyone hyperventilating ALL last offseason about defensive tackle. OH MY GOD we're so screwed at DT. Of course it was fine.

We'll probably add another before LOI day anyway.
I don't know how easy it is for kids to switch positions but I think we need to do it regardless of recruiting. Cabinda & Smith only have 1 year remaining and I'm not confident relying on a a RS freshman being ready to start in 2018.

We did not get an MLB last year or in 2015, so we need two in this class.
Again, I'm not in the meeting rooms and don't talk to the coaches, but I just don't understand the scholarship numbers at positions like DE and WR in relation to LB. This was a big concern of mine prior to the 2016 season, and in the first half of this season we all saw how bad things could get without depth. I like the concept of rotating players and getting newer guys experience before they are called upon to start. Unless we have somebody I don't know about, we are going to have the same roster problems at LB for the next couple of seasons.

We did not get an MLB last year or in 2015, so we need two in this class.
Again, I'm not in the meeting rooms and don't talk to the coaches, but I just don't understand the scholarship numbers at positions like DE and WR in relation to LB. This was a big concern of mine prior to the 2016 season, and in the first half of this season we all saw how bad things could get without depth. I like the concept of rotating players and getting newer guys experience before they are called upon to start. Unless we have somebody I don't know about, we are going to have the same roster problems at LB for the next couple of seasons.
Finding a couple LBers that can play as Fr is certainly going to be a priority for 2018

How many of those guys are there? Not many

But I'll guarantee you, they will be going coast-to-coast to try to find them

I don't know how easy it is for kids to switch positions but I think we need to do it regardless of recruiting. Cabinda & Smith only have 1 year remaining and I'm not confident relying on a a RS freshman being ready to start in 2018.

Won't necessarily have to start a RS freshmen in 2018. Farmer, Bowen, Brown, and Cooper, all with experience going into 2017, will have eligibility for 2018 (and Jan Johnson, promising walk on). Plus possibly Toney if he moves to LB this spring. And for 2018 who knows if CJF would have a grad transfer or JC player at LB as well.

I haven't seen anything from Cooper so far to believe he is an NFL player, but it might be good strategy to redshirt him in 2017 so he has 2 years to compete to start at MLB, 2018-19. i.e. if he loves PSU and wants to be in school for 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT