ADVERTISEMENT

2018-2019 English Premier League thread

Not over yet.

I agree--not over yet. Man City has something like an 85% chance of winning the title on Sunday based on the remaining game's opponent, but this season has been bonkers. I'm not going to concede that anyone has won the EPL this year until the final whistle blows.

Reactions: TheGLOV and LionJim
The good news for Spurs..... You're going to finish above Arsenal. The bad news.... Arsenal sucks. So, you're 3 points clear of "sucks."

Congratulations.

Reactions: TheGLOV
The good news for Spurs..... You're going to finish above Arsenal. The bad news.... Arsenal sucks. So, you're 3 points clear of "sucks."

Congratulations.
59835873_10218144969233039_939464065242103808_n.jpg

59295627_1224971187677111_4346553147464876032_n.jpg

Thanks for chiming in. I’m really just a fanboy, not an expert on either teams or tactics, so I would have overlooked VK’s leaving if not for your contribution.

Just to clarify, Kompany has said that he is not retiring. But his contract with Man City is up after this season, and the club is non-committal about bringing him back. He has battled injuries in recent seasons, and I’m not sure he has enough left in the tank to play in the EPL next year.

Reactions: LionJim
Questions for "football" fans:

1. Should this game end 3-0, which team advances to the finals? It's my understanding that the first tiebreaker is "away goals". What is second?

2. Which accomplishment holds more prestige - UEFA championship or EPL championship?

1. Should this game end 3-0, which team advances to the finals? It's my understanding that the first tiebreaker is "away goals". What is second?

2. Which accomplishment holds more prestige - UEFA championship or EPL championship?
First, this is nuts. Go Reds!

Game will go to OT and then PKs. I'm pretty sure that away goals don't count in OT, so if Barca scores first, it's not necessarily over.

Champions League is all of Europe, so I would go with that.

Reactions: TheGLOV and PSUoh90
Wow. Thoughts:

1) It really irritates me how Messi avoids responsibility for his performance today. Listening to Counter Attack and they are crawling all over themselves to excuse his disappearing act today.

2) How do you allow a training ground corner kick in the semifinals? Really unprofessional display by Barca.

3) Valverde should be fired. Throwing Coutino out there today was inexcusable. He should have set the team up to defend.

4) I hate them, but I found myself rooting for Liverpool. What an effort.

Wow. Thoughts:

1) It really irritates me how Messi avoids responsibility for his performance today. Listening to Counter Attack and they are crawling all over themselves to excuse his disappearing act today.

2) How do you allow a training ground corner kick in the semifinals? Really unprofessional display by Barca.

3) Valverde should be fired. Throwing Coutino out there today was inexcusable. He should have set the team up to defend.

Barca has three or four good chances that I saw on the highlights.

Wow. Thoughts:

All 4 goals scored they scored in your honor Todd!

How sweet it is!!

“Walk on, walk on
With hope in your heart
And you'll never walk alone”

Unbelievable. The Kop was rocking. They tore Barca to shreds. What a fascinating game that was.

Unreal. Hats off to Liverpool. This is why I still don't count them out of winning the EPL. Even though Man City are heavy favorites to win their last game, this just may be Liverpool's year.
Man City will roll. Liverpool will have to resign themselves to going for a bigger trophy

European Cup/UEFA CL is the most prestigious trophy a club (not national team) can win.

Reactions: TheGLOV and PSUoh90
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT