ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

My brother ran into Coon a little while ago. He said their interaction was short but that he was a really nice guy, laughed when he told him to “beat Snyder’s f***ing ass”, and that he was on a mission.

My blue and white colored glasses say we are the favorite now. Down 13.5 heading into tonight -- expect PSU to have more finalists and more champions.

OSU 6 in winners, 3 consolation --PSU 5/3

Nolf clearly needs to win as that is a 14 point swing.

Nato underdog to Lee Zain favorite over Heilmann
Pletcher underdog to Micic Nolf favorite over Micah
McKenna underdog to Meredith Joseph favorite over McFadden
Micah underdog to Nolf Hall favorite over Lewis
Martin favorite over Zavatsky Nickel favorite over Abounader
Snyder favorite over Kasper

2-4 very possible

Hayes underdog to Sorensen
Bo favorite over Harvey and Smith/Lujan winner
Moore favorite over Wilcke and Mattiace/Rasheed winner

Lee favorite over T.Smith and Carr/Perry winner
Shak favorite over Mattaice and underdog vs. Moore
Nevills favorite Heino and Stoll/Butler winner

If that all happens, big IF, we'd be up 8 (+/- bonuses) going into Saturday. OSU would have more points available on Saturday because of consolation semis.

Always challenging to hit that sweet spot between optimism and realism. Love your thought process here tho.

Reactions: RandyL
I am not forgetting Snyder. He doesn’t look fresh at all. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins, I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes third.

As someone else noted, Snyder was really pushed by White (#9) in this last match. Hopefully that's a good omen.

Reactions: dsites52
Boy, it's going start off hot tonight in terms of the team race....... Should be quite the show.

3 Lee vs. 2 Tomasello at 125
3 Pletcher vs. 2 Micic at 133
1 Meredith vs. 4 McKenna at 141
I’d be shocked if McKenna loses.
The other two sure.
I’m a little worried about Bo. AbounAder probably feels he got robbed in the dual.

Not even close to done. What will the picture look like if we go 5 for 5 tonight? And there are plenty worse bets than that.
Never said it was close to being over. My post was in response to someone saying we were almost done because OSU max points was 50 more than PSU before the end the session 3

I’d be shocked if McKenna loses.
The other two sure.
I’m a little worried about Bo. AbounAder probably feels he got robbed in the dual.

McKenna has looked very good, but he's also had a favorable draw. Meredith is the first guy he's faced who might actually have the chops to beat him. But it will be tough, McKenna is damn hard to score on.

Agree about Nickal; would have preferred him to face Renda rather than Abounader.

On a good note for that Jersey team, they are hanging tough in 9th place (top 10!) and have not yet been mathematically eliminated!!

Last edited:
Question, if DeSanto had injured Micic with that illegal hold and Micic couldn't finish, who would have advanced? Doesn't seem right for DeSanto to advance, but Micic would have already injury defaulted to the consis.

im not that bright but this feels like PD2 taking a shot at PD3s teammate?

As an OSU fan, I don't like our chances, especially after Moore went down. Rasheed and Nevils going down gives us a chance, but I would put money on PSU if I were a betting man. Here are my thoughts on the OSU Semis:

NATO vs. Lee - Push - I could see either wrestler winning this one. Both have been dominate (Lee a shade more), but NATO has the experience edge.

Pletcher vs. Micic - Micic - Don't see how Luke pulls this one out. He has lost his last two here and hasn't been dominating to this point.

Meredith vs. McKenna - Push - McKenna has been dominating since the Big Ten's and has a lot of momentum on his side, but Meredith is #1 for a reason.

Micah vs. Nolf - Nolf - Micah has been a pleasant surprise in the postseason this year and Nolf probably isn't 100%, but Nolf doesn't need to be to win.

Martin vs. Zavatsky - Martin - Myles has looked strong so far and mostly dominates everyone not named Nickal.

Snyder vs. Kasper - Snyder - Kasper is the guy who talked smack to Kyle before they met last year. I think Snyder takes care of business again.

No way we go 6-0, 5-1 is a slim possibility if all the breaks fall our way. 4-2 is possible though I predict we go 3-3. If that happens, then PSU probably wins.

As an OSU fan, I don't like our chances, especially after Moore went down. Rasheed and Nevils going down gives us a chance, but I would put money on PSU if I were a betting man. Here are my thoughts on the OSU Semis:

NATO vs. Lee - Push - I could see either wrestler winning this one. Both have been dominate (Lee a shade more), but NATO has the experience edge.

Pletcher vs. Micic - Micic - Don't see how Luke pulls this one out. He has lost his last two here and hasn't been dominating to this point.

Meredith vs. McKenna - Push - McKenna has been dominating since the Big Ten's and has a lot of momentum on his side, but Meredith is #1 for a reason.

Micah vs. Nolf - Nolf - Micah has been a pleasant surprise in the postseason this year and Nolf probably isn't 100%, but Nolf doesn't need to be to win.

Martin vs. Zavatsky - Martin - Myles has looked strong so far and mostly dominates everyone not named Nickal.

Snyder vs. Kasper - Snyder - Kasper is the guy who talked smack to Kyle before they met last year. I think Snyder takes care of business again.

No way we go 6-0, 5-1 is a slim possibility if all the breaks fall our way. 4-2 is possible though I predict we go 3-3. If that happens, then PSU probably wins.

Wow, a breath of fresh air, from an OSU fan, while PSU fans are all doom and gloom. Thanks for the honest appraisal.

I have a Penn State Chemical Engineering degree. I think I'm qualified to comment on math issues. My MBA from Rutgers was purely utilitarian for resume purposes.

what is it that requires negative, personal reactions. and yes, i do not get the humor.
everybody on the internet should have to post a bond and loss money if the bond assurer finds a violation of the policy.

My brother ran into Coon a little while ago. He said their interaction was short but that he was a really nice guy, laughed when he told him to “beat Snyder’s f***ing ass”, and that he was on a mission.

Aerospace engineering major (I believe); to be that skilled at both sides sure puts me to shame.

Reactions: caelschin

First three weight classes will set the tone. Should be some really great wrestling.

Yeah. shak did himself no favors today. Still think he can beat all those guys but needs to tighten things up

Couldn’t agree more. Shak wins that match, I think he could have won the whole thing. Now I think he’s looking at 7th or 8th at best because of who’s in his path to 3rd.

Hate to say it, but I think McKenna is going to win tonight.

Mckenna does look real tough right now. He was a great high school wrestle and although very good at Stanford, couldn’t get to the next level. After a slow start at OSU, I’d say he’s found himself. Wrestling in the OSU room compared to Stanford has to make you better as well as competing in the Big Ten vs Pac

How can he not ask him what the deal is with putting his headgear on sideways after the match?

Reactions: caelschin
McKenna has looked great, no question. But have you watched Meredith at all? I think that match is gonna be a barnburner.

Meredith has been in the hunt for years, but McKenna has an advantage in terms of wrestling better competition week in and week out (let alone the wrestling room). Will be another great match.

Let me try that again

JhmIJm4.jpg

Was that why that decision was made, or was it more a "We dont' wanna pick bottom against Rasheed" decision?
Macchiovello didn't even look at his coaches that I saw. I think that he just did the "cool" thing. Let's wrestle .

Mckenna does look real tough right now. He was a great high school wrestle and although very good at Stanford, couldn’t get to the next level. After a slow start at OSU, I’d say he’s found himself. Wrestling in the OSU room compared to Stanford has to make you better as well as competing in the Big Ten vs Pac
What’s the next level , thought he already has a 3rd place finish at Stanford

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT