ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

So who can do the math quick?! I think NATO, Pletcher and McKenna all lose in the semis. Retherford wins, Nolf beats Jordan and Cenzo, Hall and Nickle make the finals. That would give PSU 5 finalists and OSU 2 with Martin and Snyder. Whose leading going into the final round?

What are tonight’s wrestleback matchups? Who do Rasheed and Nick have straight off?
too early to tell yet

if rep and seed hold nick would have tanner hall and rasheed should have mattiace

they could both lose

mind set matters

Nevills should have been swimming that left arm like a mad man with 10 secs left. if he gets the arm up on the hip it would have been 2.

soooo close again.

Agree, but it appeared Dhesi had that arm tucked in pretty well.

The locked hand calls were killers. Much better to just release the guy.

It is very frustrating fellas to see Shaq & Nick lose they way they did. Wins by both would’ve been lovely but it is what it is. I’m sure they’re beating themselves up more than some of the “FANS” on this board. I’m sure they both wanted to lose and intentionally lost their matches so they could crush their own dreams and goals they’ve worked so hard for. Not to mention the feeling of letting the team down in the grand scheme...I say relax, it should motivate them as they have no room for error moving forward. Additionally, it lets the studs in the semis know what’s needed to close the gap. Let’s get through tonight before crucifying the kids.

So who can do the math quick?! I think NATO, Pletcher and McKenna all lose in the semis. Retherford wins, Nolf beats Jordan and Cenzo, Hall and Nickle make the finals. That would give PSU 5 finalists and OSU 2 with Martin and Snyder. Whose leading going into the final round?

Easy now! Lots of points get scored in consis. Sadly, tOSU has many opportunities.

It's almost a done deal. OSU max points is 50 points above ours and they lead by 15.

50 points more....FIFTY.

That's kinda mind-boggling that we could have 5 finalists and still lose by a ton.

It's almost a done deal. OSU max points is 50 points above ours and they lead by 15.

50 points more....FIFTY.

That's kinda mind-boggling that we could have 5 finalists and still lose by a ton.

If Brands can get one of his dudes to show up against tOSU at 149, then I think PSU has a shot

Easy now! Lots of points get scored in consis. Sadly, tOSU has many opportunities.

I think Campbell is done for OSU this round and Hayes isn’t beating Sorenson so he’s done. That would leave both teams with 8 wrestlers still alive and if PSU has 5 in the finals to OSU’s 2, wouldn’t that favor PSU?

Dude who are you? Are you even a Penn State fan? They may get 2 or 3 finalists to our 5. Grow a pair.
Ignore him. Many of those 250 possible points will disappear tonight and will you be shocked if all 5 of our guys advance? Might not happen, but it certainly wouldn't be a shock. We have Retherford, Nolf, Joseph, Nickal, and Hall going tonight. That's 5 defending national champions. OSU doesn't have that right now.

141 Consolation R3: Nick Lee vs. Cole Weaver (Indiana)

Per 1
Weaver with a sloppy double attempt, Lee counters as he circles behind, 2-0. Weaver up and out, 2-1. Lee reaches for an ankle, nothing. Weabver in on a single, Lee sprawls, and a stalemate at 1:44. Lee in on a single, and then comes around on the other side for the TD, 4-1. Lee traps the ankle and has a nice ride. Weaver to his feet but they are OOB at 41 sec. Lee gets the RT over 1 min. End. RT @ 1:32 for Lee

Per 2
Weaver defers, and Lee takes bottom. Lee to his feet, taken back down, sits out, then to his feet, and then turns in and gets the esc in 23 sec, 5-1. Lee nearly with a TD but Weaver kicks his foot out. Weaver in on a single, Lee sprawls and is trying to break Weaver's grip, and a stalemate with 40 sec. Lee in on a low single, reaches over for the other ankle and gets the TD, 7-1. End. RT @ 1:35 for Lee

Per 3
Weaver takes neutral. Weaver shoots and Lee spins behind on a counter for the TD, 9-1. He cuts Weaver, 9-2. Lee with another TD, 11-2, and he cuts him, 11-3. Weaver in on a leg and gets the TD, 11-4. OOB with 25 sec left. RT is locked. Weaver gives him the esc, 12-5. End. With 1:51 of RT, it's a 13-5 major!

I think Campbell is done for OSU this round and Hayes isn’t beating Sorenson so he’s done. That would leave both teams with 8 wrestlers still alive and if PSU has 5 in the finals to OSU’s 2, wouldn’t that favor PSU?
Ah, that would be yes. And consider our 5 guys all won national championships last year. Far from the fat lady singing.

i know we left points on the board.

i know we are in 2nd and its not looking good.

I know tan tom is cashing in all his chips and printing up T-shirts

but, but, but I still feel good regardless.

Im going to walk to the frig, check some bball scores (Ariz killed me last night), start marinating some steaks and probably go the frig again.

championships are won at night not the mornings.

#takethenextsteptonight

Lmao. That was 2 NF for Wanzek

Jesus. Does Ryan have all these guys in his pocket or what??

Lee gets #12 Smith next. Wins that then he would get winner of Carr/Perry. Very winnable matches. (Before the negative nancies remind me that Lee lost to Carr at Big 10s, I don't give a @$$*. Lee will win if he wrestles to his abilities.)

i know we left points on the board.

i know we are in 2nd and its not looking good.

I know tan tom is cashing in all his chips and printing up T-shirts

but, but, but I still feel good regardless.

Im going to walk to the frig, check some bball scores (Ariz killed me last night), start marinating some steaks and probably go the frig again.

championships are won at night not the mornings.

#takethenextsteptonight

Agree 100%! Sugar losing took all the wind out of the sails that Moore getting pinned put there BUT if you remember, osu had us dead to rights before and we all remember how that turned out.

what is this world coming to, as I have to root for Wanzek over Campbell in 165 Consolation R3?

Per 1
Wanzek with a TD, 2-0. OOB at 49 sec. Campbell out on the restart, 2-1. Then Campbell with a late TD, 2-3. End

Per 2
Campbell takes bottom. He's up, but tripped back down. Up again, but they are OOB @ 1:44. Campbell up quickly but taken to his back as tripped down, and Wanzek gets 2 NF, before they go OOB, 4-3. Stoppage for ?? Ruling reversed, no NF, so it's 2-3. Damn. Campbell up quickly and tripped back down and OOB @ 1:18.RT @ 1:02 for Wanzek. Campbell is quick off the whistle, but taken back down, and they are OOB @ 1:05 left. Campbell gets flattened after the next restart. RT over 2 min for Wanzek. End. RT @ 2:20 for Wanzek

Per 3
Campbell traps the ankle off the whistle, so Wanzek not doing much. But he's up, then tripped back down. Wanzek squirts out and RT is in his favor, 1:28. Score is tied 3-3 with 1 min left. Campbell with a sloppy duck, then a reach, and another reach. 15 sec left. Campbell in on a single, Wanzek avoids it and that's the match. Campbell loses, 4-3, due to RT, and is done for the tourney

Lee gets #12 Smith next. Wins that then he would get winner of Carr/Perry. Very winnable matches. (Before the negative nancies remind me that Lee lost to Carr at Big 10s, I don't give a @$$*. Lee will win if he wrestles to his abilities.)

Yep, Lee's a slight favorite over all of those guys and has a very good chance to beat his seed. Rasheed has a good chance to beat Mattiace (if that's who he gets) to become AA and move on. Nevills is a slight favorite over Hall and should also be AA.

I see that Campbell just lost. Haven't seen Hayes wrestle and don't know if he has, but he's not beating Sorenson. It's looking like a very close race for the title, which we knew it would be.

Reactions: Cali_Nittany

50 points more....FIFTY.

Wow what is amazing is that OSU max points is now 28.5 above PSU. Do you still think it is almost a done deal?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT