ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Nick absolutely killed himself there. Good god, man. That was one of the worst losses I've seen. Two f*cking locked hands calls. Jesus.

Reactions: fronk71
285 Quarterfinal: Nick Nevills vs. Amar Dhesi (Oregon St.)

Per 1
Nothing thru 1. Not even a shot. Nick reaches, Dhesi tries to counter, nothing. Then Dhesi reaches for an ankle pick, nothing. Nothing thru 2. End

Per 2
Nevills takes bottom. Nick up to his feet and out in 7 sec., 1-0. Nevills in on a single, Dhesi grabs an ankle and throws him over, they are in a scramble going nowhere, and a stalemate at 1:15 left. Dhesi in on a double, Nevills grabs an ankle, they scramble, Nick rolls away, but Oregon St. throws a brick. Dhesi may have gotten the TD before Nick grabbed an ankle. Call is confirmed, so the score is still 1-0, Nevills. 30 sec left. Nothing much. End. RT @ ??

Per 3
Dhesi takes bottom. Dhesi to his base, Nevills takes him back down, but a locked hands on Nevills. Kind a tough, as Dhesi slipped down. 1-1. Dhesi to his base, tripped back down. Back up again, and tripped back down. Stall warning on Nevills as he's on the lower legs @ 1:21. Nick trips him back down. Dhesi to his feet, and locks a leg, tripped down but ref gives a locked hand signal against Nick, then a reversal for Dhesi, 1-4. Nick with an esc, 2-4. RT @ 38 sec for Nevills, so not a facot. Nevills in on a single, Dhesi sprawls, it's close, but the whistle sounds before Nick can get it. He falls 2-4 to Dhesi

Ugh, disappointing ending to this Quarterfinal round for PSU

WFT, terrible awareness in the last two matches. Rasheed could have stalled his way through the final 25 seconds and won. Nevills gifting away a match with 2 locked hands calls.

Huge bummer. We could have really climbed today. Last two really hurt. Personally I don't see the fight or something this year. Something's just a bit off. I saw it yesterday as well.

Time to face the facts....Nevills simply isn't very good. I wouldn't be shocked if he failed to AA now that he's dropped to consis.

Just no offense and terrible wrestling IQ

No mat assignments for Consolation R3 beyond 125, so I'm not sure where Nick Lee will be wrestling. He's the only PSU wrestler in Consolation R3. Rasheed and Nevills will be in Consolation R4, tonight

That was really bad situational awareness by Sheed. Machiavello took down to start the third. Sheed needed to get six seconds of RT and simply do not give up a reversal. He needed that RT point. And he gave up the reversal.

He had 25 seconds and no stalling warnings, can't give up that takedown. Major opportunity blown there.

Yes and Yes. Sucks.

Nick absolutely killed himself there. Good god, man. That was one of the worst losses I've seen. Two f*cking locked hands calls. Jesus.
Give up the escape or even a reversal and you're still going to be tied with the escape. Clearly he wasn't going to ride him so why waste the energy.

Nevills should have been swimming that left arm like a mad man with 10 secs left. if he gets the arm up on the hip it would have been 2.

soooo close again.

Time to face the facts....Nevills simply isn't very good. I wouldn't be shocked if he failed to AA now that he's dropped to consis.

Just no offense and terrible wrestling IQ
Jesus, you can't be serious. The drama today is unreal. We've won six of the last seven Natties. Sometimes things just don't work out.

Reactions: Ja1339
Nevills should have been swimming that left arm like a mad man with 10 secs left. if he gets the arm up on the hip it would have been 2.

soooo close again.
Agreed. It's like they suddenly became devoid of mat awareness.

soooo close again.

It was odd watching him not even attempt to get the other leg. Stunning lack of mat awareness in that match from Nick. Such an odd tourney for us team wide, lots of out of character actions.

Jesus, you can't be serious. The drama today is unreal. We've won six of the last seven Natties. Sometimes things just don't work out until the finals when Penn State goes 5 straight again.

I agree with your first 2 sentences but had to correct your 3rd.

Reactions: Hotshoe
Sucks that margin of victory = 2 locked hands points. Appeared Nevills was looking to the corner to throw the brick on the first one. If Nevills wins out he may face Dhesi again in the 3rd place match.

Reactions: ccdiver
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT