ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Damn that was disappointing. I hope this tournament isn't remembered for its missed opportunities.

This is really easy for me to say with the benefit of hindsight but the decision to pick Rasheed over Cassar really killed us. Rasheed was not able to be the bonus point machine he looked like he could be late in the season and Cassar’s style would have been superior in these close matches.

Macc will beat the kent kid, which rasheed could have too.

when our guys lose it seems like its moments of loss thought process and not just getting beaten. Guys just sooooo close.

Keener two loses were bone head things. NLee loss he gets caught and now this.

tis what tis I guess.

This is really easy for me to say with the benefit of hindsight but the decision to pick Rasheed over Cassar really killed us. Rasheed was not able to be the bonus point machine he looked like he could be late in the season and Cassar’s style would have been superior in these close matches.
Congrats for being able to see the future. I was waiting for a comment like this. :rolleyes:

I wasn't going to go there, but since you did, I agree. I mean, Cassar getting the W over Moore in the dual meet was enough of a resume for me.

Now it's my turn to say everybody calm down, and pick up a bracket maybe. That would've been a nice win, and it was there for the taking, but it would've been an UPSET. #5 vs. #4. And yeah, Shak has to go through Moore now... do you wish it wasn't that way? Moore's loss is still potentially huge for the team race.

Rasheed’s gas tank issue came into play. He looked gassed towards the end of the 2nd. That was a killer. Could be within 1 point and Rasheed could of won the whole thing with Moore out. Can’t 2nd guess now, but Cassar would have scored as many points a Shak and is more technical. I really thought Shak would of obtained a couple of pins and hasn’t. I saw Shak pressing at the Big Ten Tournament and seemed to hear as well. When he was tearing it up, he was loose and relaxed.

Reactions: fronk71
I seem to recall this board saying Cael knows what he's doing and no matter who he goes with is the right choice. Where's that mindset now? He's wrestling to seed and possibly better. It wasn't a smart match, though, I will say that.

Opportunity lost. Along with the potential to replace the funtastic five with the sexy six.

Reactions: m.knox
gas tank issue
Maybe just different vantage points, but I didn't see it as a gas tank thing. More of a looking-too-far ahead thing. He knew Moore had just went down and he was trying to cling to that tiny lead and just went against what got him there

Is Moore a weight cutter? Could help us, he has to wrestle twice tonight, the second, hopefully, against Shak. If Shak wins then no points for OSU.

how dows dhesi have a knee and ankle left. damn that is funky for a 250+lb man

285: Nevills gets hit with two interlocking calls and can't secure the takedown at the end - although he was very close

Dehsi of Oregon State wins 4-2

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT