ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Looks like my connection is good again. People must have been trying to watch NCAA games while on lunch.

Macc is a brute

Rasheed looks like QW from behind

LETS GO RASHEED!!!

Wow s*** just got real. This was the break we needed to make our move. Positive Inf... Derp!

Edit. F*** my life.

He needed that RT point. He could not give up that reversal. Needs escape now. Come on Sheed.

197 Quarterfinal: Sahkur Rasheed vs. Michael Macchiavello (NC State)

Ugh, I'm using MM as an abbreviation for Macchiavello

Down goes Moore as Conel pins him!!!!

Per 1
Rasheed with a sloppy double, nothing. Rasheed is wearing the hair net again.;) Rasheed in on a single, and gets behind for the TD, 2-0. Rasheed looked for a cradle but it wasn't there. MM is flat. And then MM works to his feet, turns in and is out. RT just over 1 min for Rasheed. 2-1 is the score. MM reaches for a leg, nothing. End. RT @ 1:01 for Rasheed

Per 2
MM defers, and Rasheed takes bottom. He's up and out in 3 sec, 3-1. Rasheed in on a single, MM scramble, and a stalemate at 57 sec. Not many shots from Rasheed. MM keeps reaching, and Shak blocks him. End. RT @ 57 sec, I think, for Rasheed

Per 3
MM takes bottom. MM wroks to his feet and spins around behind for the reversal, 3-3. Rasheed had 1:10 in RT, but that's coming donw below 1 min. damn. Rasheed in a ball, hits a roll, and he's out with 48 sec left, 4-3. OOB with 43 sec. MM in on a single, Rasheed with a whizzer and grabs an ankle, then MM locks a cradle and this is bad as there is very little time. No NF, but MM wins 5-4. Damn. Rasheed didn't seem to have the gas tank. After Moore's loss, this was not what PSU fans wanted to see

He was tired, but that's why you wrestle your match. Rasheed needed to look for offense at the end of the match. It happens, but geez....

Reactions: ZombieHaitian
Really dumb wrestling. We have some really poor wrestling IQ on this team .

Reactions: Ski
just whizzer down hard WTF

You're right, it looked like he was probably able to hang on had he not spun around and gone for the ankle. No idea why he did that, but it still comes down to him trying to fend Machievello off rather than looking for his own offense.

That was really bad situational awareness by Sheed. Machiavello took down to start the third. Sheed needed to get six seconds of RT and simply do not give up a reversal. He needed that RT point. And he gave up the reversal.

He had 25 seconds and no stalling warnings, can't give up that takedown. Major opportunity blown there.

Tough loss for Shak but I'll take it with Moore's loss. I think Moore losing hurts tOSU more than Shak hurts PSU.

Reactions: Howie'81
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT