ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

It's almost a done deal. OSU max points is 50 points above ours and they lead by 15.

50 points more....FIFTY.

That's kinda mind-boggling that we could have 5 finalists and still lose by a ton.
Check those totals again, ombré! Imagine, if you will, a world where Penn State get out bonused and still wins a national title....

Tourney isn't over. At the end of the day, it's possible OSU has 1 or 2 champions and PSU could have 4 or 5 and PSU has a decent draw in the consys, especially Nevills. Even though OSU is in the driver's seat, there is still a lot of wrestling left

Seminfinal Match-Ups:
149: Zain vs. Troy Heilmann (UNC)
157: Nolf vs. Micah Jordan (tOSU)
165: Joseph vs. David McFadden (VT)
174: Hall vs. Daniel Lewis (Mizzou)
184: Nickal vs. Domenic Abounader (Michigan)

Reactions: diggerpup
Yep. I believe TOSU is out of challenges.... so the refs did it for him. Disgrace

Maybe I’m alone here, but each mat has 3 officials right? Why is the third guy not in charge of reviewing? Assuredly reviewing a call wouldn’t be too taxing for him?

throw this out there.....Ok St one of the bluest of blue blood programs of any sport in D1 is in 17th place.

we take jabs all the time at iowa and the HR but 17th..... is just embarrassing. I know they are RSing a bunch of guys but jeez.

Tourney isn't over. At the end of the day, it's possible OSU has 1 or 2 champions and PSU could have 4 or 5 and PSU has a decent draw in the consys, especially Nevills. Even though OSU is in the driver's seat, there is still a lot of wrestling left

Really looking forward to see what Suriano can do tonight.

After seeing this morning, I only really see McKenna with a shot at a title. NATO is wrestling well but Lee is muy en fuego, other than that, the *ucknuts don’t look right

Not sure if anyone said this, but tO$U can go 0-5 out of the gate tonight:

Lee vs. Tomasello
Micic vs. Pletcher
Merideth vs. McKenna
Sorensen vs. Hayes
Nolf vs. Micah

We need our guys to come through tonight though. Could definitely make things interesting.

Lee vs. Tomasello
Micic vs. Pletcher
Merideth vs. McKenna
Sorensen vs. Hayes
Nolf vs. Micah

We need our guys to come through tonight though. Could definitely make things interesting.
Yes. This is the point. I hope some of the guys on here don't have PSU degrees. If so, they may need some remedial work.

Lee vs. Tomasello
Micic vs. Pletcher
Merideth vs. McKenna
Sorensen vs. Hayes
Nolf vs. Micah

Very possible.

Reactions: ccdiver
I'm surely not saying that PSU has vaulted to favorite status here, but everyone's right. Tomasello, Pletcher and McKenna are all subject to falling tonight and it would surprise nobody if all three did lose. Hayes WILL lose and be out of the scoring picture and the only way that Jordan beats Nolf is for Nolf to suffer an aggravation to the knee (please God, no). Lee, Nevills and Rasheed all have winnable matches tonight. I think Cenzo and Hall are going to be in tough matches, but I'd bet money right now that we move on more guys than tOSU into the finals moving all 5 along wouldn't surprise me.

Consolation Round 4 Matchups:
141: Lee vs. Tyler Smith (Bucknell)
197: Rasheed vs. Frank Mattiace (U. of Pennsylvania)
285: Nevills vs. Jere Heino (Campbell)

After seeing this morning, I only really see McKenna with a shot at a title. NATO is wrestling well but Lee is muy en fuego, other than that, the *ucknuts don’t look right

Are you sure you aren't forgetting Snyder? Sure he could lose to Coon, but it's going to be an epic rubber match.

Are you sure you aren't forgetting Snyder? Sure he could lose to Coon, but it's going to be an epic rubber match.

I am not forgetting Snyder. He doesn’t look fresh at all. That said, I wouldn’t be surprised if he wins, I wouldn’t be surprised if he takes third.

Boy, it's going start off hot tonight in terms of the team race....... Should be quite the show.

3 Lee vs. 2 Tomasello at 125
3 Pletcher vs. 2 Micic at 133
1 Meredith vs. 4 McKenna at 141

Reactions: Ranger Dan

I hope Coon practiced countering the low single.... Watched Snyder attack with it in the quarters.

So let's take a look at Nevills path. Heino next. Win that, probably gets Stoll. Win that, probably gets Kaspar with the winner going to 3rd place match. Not an unreasonable path.

throw this out there.....Ok St one of the bluest of blue blood programs of any sport in D1 is in 17th place.

we take jabs all the time at iowa and the HR but 17th..... is just embarrassing. I know they are RSing a bunch of guys but jeez.
Their performance this weekend was just flat out bad they came in with team trophy expectations

My blue and white colored glasses say we are the favorite now. Down 13.5 heading into tonight -- expect PSU to have more finalists and more champions.

OSU 6 in winners, 3 consolation --PSU 5/3

Nolf clearly needs to win as that is a 14 point swing.

Nato underdog to Lee Zain favorite over Heilmann
Pletcher underdog to Micic Nolf favorite over Micah
McKenna underdog to Meredith Joseph favorite over McFadden
Micah underdog to Nolf Hall favorite over Lewis
Martin favorite over Zavatsky Nickel favorite over Abounader
Snyder favorite over Kasper

2-4 very possible

Hayes underdog to Sorensen
Bo favorite over Harvey and Smith/Lujan winner
Moore favorite over Wilcke and Mattiace/Rasheed winner

Lee favorite over T.Smith and Carr/Perry winner
Shak favorite over Mattaice and underdog vs. Moore
Nevills favorite Heino and Stoll/Butler winner

If that all happens, big IF, we'd be up 8 (+/- bonuses) going into Saturday. OSU would have more points available on Saturday because of consolation semis.

Reactions: T J
Rasheed's path is more daunting. First up is Mattiace. Win that, probably gets Moore. Win that, probably gets Haught with the winner to the 3rd place match.

I have a Penn State Chemical Engineering degree. I think I'm qualified to comment on math issues. My MBA from Rutgers was purely utilitarian for resume purposes.
Well done. Chem E is one of the most difficult PSU undergrad degrees.

Reactions: Howie'81

And very weirdly, they still have 7 guys wrestling.

Awesome wrestling today. So worth taking a couple days off work to watch. Aside from the great Semi's tonight. The consolation matches are fascinating too with the losers below going home empty handed.

Lavallee vs Kemdog
Marsteller vs R. Lewis
Heil vs Chad Red
Lizak vs Picc
Hayes vs Sorensen

Reactions: dunkej01
Rasheed's path is more daunting. First up is Mattiace. Win that, probably gets Moore. Win that, probably gets Haught with the winner to the 3rd place match.

Yeah. shak did himself no favors today. Still think he can beat all those guys but needs to tighten things up

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT