ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Question regarding riding time. If you have 2 minutes of riding time, do you get 2 points? Or is the most you can get for riding time is 1 point?

Who does pletcher have naked pictures of that he never gets hit for stalling?

Parker should have been that active earlier also

Question regarding riding time. If you have 2 minutes of riding time, do you get 2 points? Or is the most you can get for riding time is 1 point?

max is 1 point for RT, regardless of how many minutes a wrestler accumulates

Parker down 0-3 to Pletcher in the second. Need Parker to find a way here.

No real sense of urgency and Pletcher's really good at protecting a small lead. Pletcher's a really nice kid, so it pains me to see him wrestling at tOSU or wrestling with that style.

That was seriously not cool of DeSanto. Not the flying squirrel thing, you can't blame him for that, but trying to wrench Micic's arm off with 1 second left while down by 9 points, come on kid, it's a wrestling match, not a bar fight.

Reactions: Chickenman Testa
Anyone that think a two legged Spencer Lee doesn't tech DeSanto is crazy.

Guess DeSantos has never had to deal with adversity. C’mon trying to wrench the other kids arm off?

giphy.gif

Desanto...lol

133: Keener tossed to his back with a headlock. Pinned – but Cael is right there with the challenge brick. Might have been out of bounds

133 Consolation R2: Corey Keener vs. Rico Montoya (No. Colorado)

Per 1
Rico shoots, Keeneer counters and gets the TD, 2-0. OOB @ 2:15 left. Rico up, tripped back down. OOB @ 2:02. Rico tries a roll but Keener stays with him. RT goes over 1 min. Keener tried to tilt him, but Rico got to his feet so Keener cut him. Keener in on a double, Rico with a whizzer, and stall warning on Rico as he escapes the TD by fleeing. Rico in on a single, Keener over his back, and a stalemate with 39 sec. End. RT @ 1:27 for Keener

Per 2
Montoya takes bottom. He's to his feet, Keener tries to throw in legs, and trips him down, back up quickly and gets the esc, 2-2. RT @ 1:48 for Keener. Rico reaches, nothing. Keener tries a hold but gets thrown to his back, he's in trouble, and gets pinned. Geez. PSU is challenging that they were OOB. Call stands, so Keener's NCAAs are over.

Reactions: usncdr0816
Keener - 5th year guy getting decked twice in three matches. Not good.

Edit - I expected Keener to go 1-2, but thought he had a legit shot against Montoya. So disappointing in that respect.

Reactions: usncdr0816 and Ski
Were they out of bounds? maybe... but I always said the best way to avoid getting pinned is to avoid getting thrown to your back.

Reactions: Brian LB-U
I fear that Yanni's just not physically up to the task of taking Heil out, but in a year or two, he'd demolish him. For those of you who saw it, did Yanni just get hit with a stall call for not moving up on the legs when Heil had the whizzer in hard and Yanni was over top of Heil's hips? I don't particularly like the way that rule is applied at times anyway, but if that's what happened, geez louise.....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT