ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

I don’t understand why they have review and a second ref if they won’t overturn things like oob. I’m watching online but it looked clear.

I fear that Yanni's just not physically up to the task of taking Heil out, but in a year or two, he'd demolish him. For those of you who saw it, did Yanni just get hit with a stall call for not moving up on the legs when Heil had the whizzer in hard and Yanni was over top of Heil's hips? I don't particularly like the way that rule is applied at times anyway, but if that's what happened, geez louise.....

And I apparently spoke too soon. Great job by the young man and it made me very happy.

Wow ... Yanni D ... cuts Heill, needs a TD, calmly gets a TD and makes it look easy against a guy who isn't easy to score against. Very impressive.

Riding time all goofy on the mat 1 clock for Lee, but it looks like officially Lee takes a 2-0 lead and 2:50 RT into the second. Then the clock starts and starts counting up while CMU is on top, before it starts going down

Nick in a tough spot against a really long kid that obviously loves to ride legs and is good at it. Luckily he built up tons of riding time himself in the first.

i thought it was a funny question that someone asked if we get more pts for each min of RT.....but damn Im starting to wonder myself....we are riding to ride. turn or cut and go back to work. 4+ min of RT is doing what for the team????

Did Nick Lee choose bottom? If so,why?

Edit - I retract my comment. Nice job for the reversal late in the period.

Zain with Lewallen broken down and working him. Hammerlock and bow and arrow and the turn. There it is. Getting NF.

Lewallen in big trouble. Another bow and arrow for 4 NF. This looks bad for Lewallen. And Lewallen gets a reversal. 10-2 now.

141: That match lasted forever, but officially Nick Lee moves on with a 5-0 decision over Smith of CMU (1:10 RT, but who knows if that's correct, ha)

Reactions: Maddog
141 Consolations R2: Nick Lee vs. Mason Smith (CMU)

Per 1
Lee gets behind for an early TD, 2-0. Lee with a nice ride, but the RT clock is screwed up. Stoppage as they try to get things right. And they start again, and Lee gets RT over 1 min. Smith did almost nothing off the whistle. Smith is doing nothing on bottom, though Lee doesn't seem all that concerned about trying to turn him. Stall warning on Smith. End. RT @ ?? for Lee, as the clock is still messed up. Now they adjust it to 2:50 of RT.

Per 2
Lee takes bottom. Smith throws in a boot. Smith is long, and has Lee stretched out. Stalemate @ 24 sec. Lee stands then hits a switch for a reversal, 4-0. End. RT @ 1:10 for Lee

Per 3
Smith takes neutral. Seems to be more issues with the clock. RT is adjusted. Not sure if either of them shot. End. With 1:10 of RT, it's a 5-0 decision for Nick Lee

I am pretty sure someone said that in the past you used to get more points for more riding time, but they changed a while ago.

Zain with a TD in the second after Lewallen takes neutral. Working him again with a leg in.

And there is the 4 NF. 16-2.

149: Retherford worked that bow and arrow like a job but just couldn't settle for a fall. He wins by tech fall, 20-2, and Retherford is now a four-time All-American

Zain and Lee wrestled at the same time.

picking it up in the 2nd period, it's 16-2, Zain (TD, 4 NF, then 4 NF, then got reversed, then a TD

4 NF, and it's a 20-2 TF for Zain

Zain wins 21-2 for the TF. Lewallen will never want to wrestle Zain again, and luckily he never will.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT