ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

No worries. The tide will change today.
b8b843d31792ba767e3fc20336ba349d.gif
That gif is pretty cool!

Reactions: Cali_Nittany
We needed that one for the team race. We need Jason to take care of Kemdawg next even more.

Lol of course Tom is going to challenge this. Home cooking if it's reversed. Heilmann had control at the end, so even if it's a Hayes reversal, it's then a Heilmann reversal, too.

Exactly my thought. Stupid challenge by Tan Tom. I guess he just can't fathom a loss. Glad to see that one, I'm still pissed Hayes wasn't knocked out in Round 1.

I'm not sure I've ever been more nervous for a Nolf match. Maybe back in the finals two years ago, but with the injury it's just so uncertain.

Lol of course Tom is going to challenge this. Home cooking if it's reversed. Heilmann had control at the end, so even if it's a Hayes reversal, it's then a Heilmann reversal, too.

Sadly, that's not how it would have worked unless I'm mistaken about the rules. Hayes would have gotten his two and they would have re-set the clock and put Heilman down. The replay stuff isn't perfect, not even close.

Nolf vs Kememer was bull$hit by the seeding committee. Those guys are by far #1 and #2 if healthy. No need to put them against each other in a quarter final. Just stupid.

I really wish ESPN would quit showing Nolf getting hurt. Sure, it's a big story and talk about it all you want, but we've seen it enough.....

Dumb question about 3rd place. If you lose your first match and wrestle all the way back to 3rd does it score as many point as losing the semi-final and then wrestling back to third? Please assume all wins are Decisions. No I did not spend the time to look it up myself.

Hayes' game is bullshit. I'm sure he's a nice kid. But I detest watching him wrestle.

Yep. Strongly dislike his style. He doesn't do much at all. It doesn't have to be that way, either, because he does have some talent.

157 Quarterfinals: Nolf vs. Michael Kemerer (Iowa)

Per 1
Nolf in on a single, Kemerer draped over his back and locked around the body, and Nolf with the TD, 2-0. Kemerer out quickly, 2-1. Kemerer reaches for a leg, Nolf with a counter, and a stalemate at 1:15. I think it was actually PD. Kemerer shoots, blocked. 30 sec left. Collar ties. Stoppage as a contact comes out. Nolf in on a single, Kemerer over the back, and the whistle. End

Per 2
Nolf takes down. He's up and out in 4 sec, 3-1. Nolf shoots a single, Kemerer sprawls, Nolf pulling it in, Nolf trying to work around, stalemate with 1:02 left. Nolf shoots a sloppy double, blocked. Ear-to-ear. End.

Per 3
Kemerer takes bottom. Stall warning was issued in the 2nd against Kemerer. Kemerer out in 4 sec, 3-2. RT @ 12 sec for Nolf, so it's not a factor. Nolf dives, nothing. Nolf in on a double, they scramble, and he gets the TD, 5-2. Nolf throws in a boot. 1 min left. Nolf stretching the shoulder of Kemerer. Stalemate with 22 sec. RT @ 57 sec for Nolf. RT goes over 1 min. Kemerer up, then tripped back down. End. With RT, it's a 6-2 decision for Nolf!

157: Nolf gets past Kemerer and is onto the semis, 6-2. Not a terribly different score than last year's two matches, which were 6 and 5 point differences

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT