ADVERTISEMENT

2018 NCAAs -- Session 3 Thread

Huge, huge win for Jason Nolf. I'm still worried about the knee and the grind of a long tournament, but I feel much better about him returning now.

Oh Jason, you kill me...."A lot of us didn't think that would happen......I take that back, we all knew that I'd be wrestling". Gotta love it!

For what it's worth, I had heard from a very reliable source before Big Tens that Jason wasn't wrestling at Bigs and that he likely had an MCL AND an LCL tear. I'm thrilled to see him wrestling well.

2 down 5 to go.
Just about to take off so will miss the next hour and a half - thanks for keeping me updated yesterday and so far today.

I've got a feeling Micah is in for a bad night. He's just not close to even an 80% Nolf.

Whichever mat I'm actually interested in watching seems to do nothing but buffer every 30 seconds.

165 Quarterfinals: Vincenzo Joseph vs. Isaiah White (Nebraska)

Per 1
Not much through 1:20. White in on a leg, Joseph with a whizzer, on the edge, and OOB with 47 sec left. Joseph shoots, but they are OOB with 12 sec left. End

Per 2
Joseph takes bottom. He's up hits a roll, and is out in 3 sec, 1-0. Joseph reaches, nothing. 1 min left. Joseph reaches, nearly gets countered, nothing. End

Per 3
White takes bottom. He's up but not out, and then he is after 16 sec., 1-1. Joseph shoots and gets a single, White working the border, Joseph drags hi in, and nothing. OOB with 59 sec left. 30 sec left. End

SV-1
White shoots, blocked. Joseph reaches, nothing. Joseph nearly with a TD, but White hips out and they are OOB with 23 sec. PSU throws a brick. Joseph asked them to throw the brick. Call confirmed. White shoots, Joseph with a counter on to a single, but runs out of time.

TB
Joseph down to start. Joseph to his feet, and is out in 8 sec, 2-1. White shoots, nothing. End

White down. Works to his base, and he's out at 14 sec, 2-2. Manning acting like a fool on the sideline. End

SV-2
White shoots, Joseph counters and gets the TD, 4-2!!!!!!

ESPN on my laptop keeps buffering from time to time, WatchEspn app on my Pad has been great. Both on the same WiFi network.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT