ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

That was my point.

Isheem is not playing for Imhotep tonight. His coach siting personal reasons.
Twitter is ablaze with the rumor that he has been arrested for armed robbery.
Time will once again tell.
Ohhhh I got ya now. There is an article from Philly.com that says young is in custody awaiting arraignment

It appears Pinegar's season ended 3 weeks ago, so if he tore his ACL it wouldn't have been in a football game.

Hopefully this person had a brain fart of some sort, and its not true. I just cant believe he would confuse this with the Sept. injury. The coaches were just at his house this week.

Kwantel Raines.....or do they want Enis more? That's the benefit of the way JF is recruiting. Screw up and there is another 4 star waiting to take your spot.

Reactions: TheGLOV
Committed an armed robbery of a Wawa with his brother two weeks after verbaling.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...-school-football-state-playoffs-20171201.html

Article ends saying Young is cooperating with police. I would imagine with all the evidence they appear to have... that would be wise... but wisdom appears to have come way to late in this case, at least for now. I was so excited for him when he committed. In many tragedies in our own lives we are the perpetrators. Hope he gets his act together.

CJF was at the Dunmore vs. Southern Columbia game last night. Anyone know who he might have been looking at?

Kwantel Raines.....or do they want Enis more? That's the benefit of the way JF is recruiting. Screw up and there is another 4 star waiting to take your spot.

I wonder if the situation with Young impacted CJF to offer the 2019 JC player, and Safety prospect, Jaquan Brisker. Young would have competed for playing time likely in 2019. And a talented JC player can come in and compete immediately. Looks like a direct replacement for the roster to me.....

From MBR:

Brisker is shaping up to be one of the top JUCO recruits in the country for the 2019 recruiting cycle. Wherever he goes, he will have the ability to be a starting safety and make an immediate impact. So it is good to see the Nittany Lions get involved early with Brisker.

It should be noted that Brisker is a native of Monroeville and a graduate of Gateway High School. In his younger days, Brisker was a waterboy for cornerbacks coach Terry Smith when Smith was the head coach at Gateway High School.

Obviously, Terry Smith's ties to Gateway (also my high school) makes getting this young man to PSU a good likelihood....

Reactions: TheGLOV
I wonder if the situation with Young impacted CJF to offer the 2019 JC player, and Safety prospect, Jaquan Brisker. Young would have competed for playing time likely in 2019. And a talented JC player can come in and compete immediately. Looks like a direct replacement for the roster to me.....

From MBR:

Brisker is shaping up to be one of the top JUCO recruits in the country for the 2019 recruiting cycle. Wherever he goes, he will have the ability to be a starting safety and make an immediate impact. So it is good to see the Nittany Lions get involved early with Brisker.

It should be noted that Brisker is a native of Monroeville and a graduate of Gateway High School. In his younger days, Brisker was a waterboy for cornerbacks coach Terry Smith when Smith was the head coach at Gateway High School.

Obviously, Terry Smith's ties to Gateway (also my high school) makes getting this young man to PSU a good likelihood....

Being that we were in a numbers crunch anyway, I think this might just make getting the other recruits on the table easier. The 4 Franklin wants seem to be the 4 he wants. Still a long way to go until February and the early signing period will clear things up. Watch what Rained does that day. That will shed light on whether he's a "wait to take" or if he's going to WVU.

Being that we were in a numbers crunch anyway, I think this might just make getting the other recruits on the table easier. The 4 Franklin wants seem to be the 4 he wants. Still a long way to go until February and the early signing period will clear things up. Watch what Rained does that day. That will shed light on whether he's a "wait to take" or if he's going to WVU.

Yep, I believe this will bring either Enis or Raines to PSU. Need is greater at S/LB, but I hope the legacy talent lines up in B/W....

His Pappy was one of my favorite players. Just plain ran thru and over the other team.....

It seems Raines really wants to play in B/W, but we are loaded at DB. I would not be surprised to see Wade start at Safety in 2018, although he may stay at CB or have to wait behind Scott and Monroe, and possibly Sutherland anyway.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT