ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Understand I’m not defending anything about this situation. Just stating that it doesn’t sound like a situation where he was likely to face hostile employees.
That's fair, but when someone commits a crime with a weapon, there are many different directions the situation could take. What if someone was in the bathroom and comes out and startles the perp? What if someone walks in the door behind them? What would happen if it was someone who recognized Young? It is a high pressure situation, with no telling of how someone will act. Pretty scary.

The whole thing is just pretty darned sad.

Last edited:
Reactions: LionJim and harjeff
If I read that correctly, the manager of that WaWa was his brother. Doesn’t sound like anybody’s life was in jeopardy. Just an inside job.
Pretty sure you read it correctly. But the other guy in the office at gunpoint doesn’t sound to have had a basis for knowing he wasn’t in harm’s way. Maybe there was knowledge or a relationship that would have brought comfort in the moment at gunpoint. Maybe an act and all were in on it. We’ll see.

But even assuming the best wherever possible, this is still bad news if he stole the money and had a gun. What if someone overheard them, saw the gun and tried to interfere, even if it was fake. etc etc.

Again, I’m keeping an open mind. And we all should. But we also can’t be foolish in our presumptions or hopes of innocence when he seems to have said he did it—whatever the specifics.

Just a suggestion but I think we should not post Isheem's case in this thread. There was a thread specifically about this incident and I'm thinking updates probably should go there now since the kid is no longer a recruit. Maybe down the line someone gives him a 2nd chance but he is not a 2018 recruit at this point.

It was supposed to be easy money. No such thing in life, unless you are born with a trust fund. Now he will almost certainly be doing hard time. Terrible choice and dreadful consequences. Felony convictions are economic suicide, for all intents and purposes.

Reactions: bmw199 and TheGLOV
We are third now, but some teams (Alabama) will close with a lot of high end guys. The last time I did the "what if" thing on 247 and added all of the guys you mentioned, we were still at 3rd and at a number that would not have been third in any of the recent classes.

I just redid the class calculator and adding Parsons, Oweh, Smith, Walker, and Enis we end up with a 247 composite score of 288.53 (up from 263.08 as of known verbals today). In 2017, the 288.53 would have resulted in 7th place, 5th in 2016, and 3rd, 4th, and 5th in 2015, 2014, and 2013 respectively. So, based upon the average here, we should finish around 5th if we get these guys (or most of them) and somewhere around 10th if we don't add to our class.

Thanks Ranger for doing the research. Ohh well, i'll take a Top 5 finish as well! :cool:

But crazy how good of a job CJF is doing with recruiting. We all knew that PSU was a sleeping giant. But man does it feel good to finally see things turn around.

Frieirmuth is the only commit from MA.
Strange tho, Sean Fitz commented on it saying he believes the recruit is "Irish Bound."

So, that leads me to believe the recruit Spencer was visiting was not committed and a Notre Dame lean, but also had a PSU basketball court? Strange....

I think this has to be Freirmuth right?

Change that, it is freiermuth. Just looked at his twitter and there is a picture with all coaches and his family on that exact basketball court. Mass kid is always a possibility for Notre dame I suppose, but he looks happy with the coaches.

Annual ritual....Penn State verbals fall in updated Rivals Rankings....

Shorter 43 to 47
Kuntz 104 to 111
Asiedu 114 to 127
Freiermuth 121 to 132
Mustipher 145 to 165
Tarburton 193 to 202
George 221 to 228
Gordon 240 to 241
Antwan Reed fell out of Rivals 250

Amazing coincidence every year.

Annual ritual....Penn State verbals fall in updated Rivals Rankings....

Shorter 43 to 47
Kuntz 104 to 111
Asiedu 114 to 127
Freiermuth 121 to 132
Mustipher 145 to 165
Tarburton 193 to 202
George 221 to 228
Gordon 240 to 241
Antwan Reed fell out of Rivals 250

Amazing coincidence every year.
Groundhog Day is in Pa

Reactions: T J and LionJim
Katshir in a sling again ..... anyone know if its same injured arm as last year?

I read somewhere that he had/is having surgery again on one of his shoulders. Not sure if it's the same one, but it's a bit worrisome if it is. Shoulder repairs are often iffy. If it's the same shoulder that's having a repeat procedure, that is definitely not a good sign.

Of course, any high school kid having 2 shoulder operations by any description is not a good thing.

Reactions: mn78psu83
He had/is having surgery again on one of his shoulders. Not sure if it's the same one, but it's a bit worrisome if it is. Shoulder repairs are often iffy. If it's the same shoulder that's having a repeat procedure, that is definitely not a good sign. Let's hope it's the other one.

Of course, any high school kid having 2 shoulder operations by any description is not a good thing.
Been the downfall of many a wrestler.

Lol I thought the sarcasm was pretty clear there
31c68e34725476672cbfdc1b79ccf60899370fb3d5ccd65f24a2323a781bc973.jpg

I read somewhere that he had/is having surgery again on one of his shoulders. Not sure if it's the same one, but it's a bit worrisome if it is. Shoulder repairs are often iffy. If it's the same shoulder that's having a repeat procedure, that is definitely not a good sign.

so maybe a grayshirt candidate, if needed

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT