ADVERTISEMENT

2018 Recruiting Thread

Saw the new TE coach was the recruiter for Rasheed Walker while at Maryland. Hope this helps seal the deal. Looks like room continues to grow for us.

Ahmed Ghafir flipped his Rashaad Walker CB to PSU Friday afternoon. Tracks with Tyler Bowen assistant OL coach title announcement. Ahmed is really connected in MD area and with Walker.

Young officially off the commitment list according to 247.

Surveillance
Guilty via social media until proven innocent. The American Way!

The surveillance video of him is pretty damning. Shame but this is a really serious issue.

screen-shot-2017-12-02-at-11807-pmpng-5caeaa27214d9999.png

Surveillance

The surveillance video of him is pretty damning. Shame but this is a really serious issue.

screen-shot-2017-12-02-at-11807-pmpng-5caeaa27214d9999.png

Exactly totally agree ... video evidence... as a bunch of PSU peeps I was with last night were discussing that this isn't getting caught drinking alcohol at a keg party or even a bag of weed. This is armed robbery along with possible conspiracy to commit armed robbery not even a last minute thing with friends where they said here hold a gun we are going to do this... This is a very serious issue as everyone has stated, I am withholding judgement and we will see the facts play out during the trial but right now does not look good.

Reactions: anon_xdc8rmuek44eq
I can’t imagine that someone with such a bright future ahead of him would risk it like this. Who knows if he would have ever started a game at Penn State or had a shot at the NFL ( his recruiting ranking would say yes), but at a minimum he would have been able to get an education and change the course of his life in that way. Now, it appears, he has changed the course of his life in an altogether different direction. Very sad!

Exactly totally agree ... video evidence... as a bunch of PSU peeps I was with last night were discussing that this isn't getting caught drinking alcohol at a keg party or even a bag of weed. This is armed robbery along with possible conspiracy to commit armed robbery not even a last minute thing with friends where they said here hold a gun we are going to do this... This is a very serious issue as everyone has stated, I am withholding judgement and we will see the facts play out during the trial but right now does not look good.
He admitted to doing it.

http://www.philly.com/philly/sports...-recruit-imhotep-wawa-20171202.html?mobi=true

Yes he did admit to it but I want to hear what he has to say about it. In a sense did his brother threaten or strong arm him etc and why he did this ... not that it will make a lot difference as his goose is most likely cooked. His best option is to cooperate and hope the DA doesn't try him as an adult. Just a sad situation for all of them involved

Then go talk to him during visiting hours at his jail!!

Reactions: lionlover
If Oweh indeed canceled his ND official visit, ideal scenario would be if he came to PSU for an unofficial visit this weekend with Walker, Tyreke Smith, Parsons and the rest of the PSU verbals.
I see that Walker is, but are Tyreke Smith and Parsons planning to be on campus this weekend as well? What about current verbals?

I see that Walker is, but are Tyreke Smith and Parsons planning to be on campus this weekend as well? What about current verbals?

do we now have 6 openings? great to finish with Parsons, Smith, Oweh, Enis and Walker. hope we dont lose Shorter - look at the film on that dude.

do we now have 6 openings? great to finish with Parsons, Smith, Oweh, Enis and Walker. hope we dont lose Shorter - look at the film on that dude.

Shorter was solid in an interview yesterday. Says he is going to sign during early signing period 20-22 Dec.

I’m no expert on how many scholarships we have to give, but there are enough others who profess to have this insight. I do think that the news just now about Young and previously news about Hardy have opened up two spots.

Man, if we can finish up our class with Parsons, Oweh, Tyreke, Walker & Enis..... That has to be a Top-3 Class, doesnt it?

Reactions: TheGLOV
Man, if we can finish up our class with Parsons, Oweh, Tyreke, Walker & Enis..... That has to be a Top-3 Class, doesnt it?

I would bet someone's paycheck (I'm retired) that CJF adds a DB to the class to replace Young......

We are third now, but some teams (Alabama) will close with a lot of high end guys. The last time I did the "what if" thing on 247 and added all of the guys you mentioned, we were still at 3rd and at a number that would not have been third in any of the recent classes.

I just redid the class calculator and adding Parsons, Oweh, Smith, Walker, and Enis we end up with a 247 composite score of 288.53 (up from 263.08 as of known verbals today). In 2017, the 288.53 would have resulted in 7th place, 5th in 2016, and 3rd, 4th, and 5th in 2015, 2014, and 2013 respectively. So, based upon the average here, we should finish around 5th if we get these guys (or most of them) and somewhere around 10th if we don't add to our class.

Last edited:
The number is 85.

It ain't that hard. :)
Perhaps he found the number 69 players with scholarships and eligibility next year to be hard to understand? Or maybe, just maybe, it's the subtraction of 69 from 85 to get 16 available scholarships without anyone leaving.

Reactions: stormingnorm
That’s what the article says anyway. Such a shame. Will keep an open mind, but assuming he admitted doing it, the’re no lipstick to make his less ugly. Regrets for all involved, especially the WaWa employee(s) whose lives were in jeopardy.

If I read that correctly, the manager of that WaWa was his brother. Doesn’t sound like anybody’s life was in jeopardy. Just an inside job.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT