Sept. 29 OHIO STATE*
Oct. 13 MICHIGAN STATE*
Oct. 20 at Indiana*
Oct. 27 IOWA*
Nov. 3 at Michigan*
Nov. 10 WISCONSIN*
Nov. 17 at Rutgers*
Nov. 24 MARYLAND*
Dec. 1 Big Ten Championship Game (Lucas Oil Stadium; Indianapolis)

Disclamer: Many of the depth charts did not distiguish seniors with remaining eligibility.

Penn St: 10-2 in 2017, 3 offensive players were seniors this year (Hamilton, Mahon, Gesecki) and obviously Barkley is likely to declare. 8 defenders were seniors (Cothran, Cothren, Smith, Cabinda, Campbell, Allen, Apke, and Haley). Offense could be the same or better but defense will have a tough time reloading even with the potential of 2 returning starting DEs and a starting corner returning from injury.

App St: 8-4 in 2017, looks like 5 offensive players were seniors this year (QB, TE, WR, 2 OL) and 5 defenders (run a 3-4) were (DE, 3 LBs, SS)

Pitt: 5-7 in 2017, 3 offensive seniors (WR, 2 OL) and I think Quadree Henderson declaring. Also only 1 senior on D (CB) although Whitehead is declaring now too. You would think that they might improve some with most of their starters returning.

Kent St: 2-10, not wasting your time on what they return.

Illinois: 2-10, tempted to say the same but only 2 seniors this year on O (WR, RB) and D (DE, CB). No where to go but up.

Ohio St: 11-2, 4 seniors on O (QB, 2 OL, TE) and 4 on D (DT, DE, MLB, Saf). Obviously, they have several candidates to declare early as well. Will likely be just as good next year. Glad we get them home.

Mich St: 9-3, losing only 1 senior on O (Center) and 2 on D (DE, LB). I could see a guy like Felton as a high draft pick but can't imagine that they lose too many declaring early. These guys might challenge for the B1G championship based on how much they return. Nice to get them at home also fortunate to get a bye week after Ohio St before these guys come to town. Their schedule at this point is tough, Northwestern, @ PSU, Michigan in successive weeks.

Indiana: 5-7, ony a couple of seniors on O (Lagow but they have Ramsey back and their TE). I could see Cobbs finding his way into the draft early. All but 3 were seniors on their D (returning a CB, Saf, and DT). Their O might improve as much as their D declines.

Iowa: 7-5, 4 seniors on O (Split End, RG, FB, and Wadley). 5 seniors on D (DT, all 3 LBs, SS). May be about the same or maybe a little better. But we also get them at home which is much nicer than a night game there. Pretty weak schedule for them next year. Wisconsin and us, Northwestern and Iowa St are really their only challenges and they are spaced out fairly nicely for them.

Michigan: 8-4, 5 seniors on O (QB, 3 OL, FB) but obviously are bringing in a 5 star starter rent-a-QB from Ole Miss. 3 seniors on their D (DE, LB, and Hurst at NT). I suppose they may have some early entry candidates as well. At their place makes this a tough game as well, especially following an always physical Iowa team. They have Wisconsin, at Mich St, and then a bye week to help them heal some before us.

Wisconsin: 12-1, only 2 seniors on O (TE, FB), 6 on D (both DEs, both outside LBs, CB, and FS). Probably as good or better next year. They also get a bye week before us (technically Rutgers, but same thing).

Rutgers: 4-8, 3 offensive senior (Grant, RB, OL) and 3 defenders (NT, DE, LB). They have to be a little better I would think.

Maryland: 4-8, only 2 seniors on offense (TE, WR) and I would think Moore could go early. 7 senior defenders (their entire DLine, 2 of 3 LBs, and SS).

B1G Championship game: Rematch with either Wisconsin or Iowa. Although Ohio St's B1G schedule is Wisconsin-like somehow drawing Minn (5-7), Purdue (6-6), and Nebraska (4-8) from the west. While we draw Wisconsin (12-1), Iowa (7-5), and Ill (2-10). Also, their 3 tough conference games, us, Mich St, and Mich are spaced out nicely between cupcakes.

Last edited:
Reactions: bdgan and psualt
Way too early to know how the roster shapes up for PSU but from 30,000 feet I wish the 2019 team had the 2018 schedule. I think our team in 2019 will have the talent and experience to compete for the playoffs but that schedule will be brutal. The 2018 team will have good talent but relatively inexperienced. Nice that we have OSU, MSU, Iowa and Wisconsin at home. We'll travel to the Big House but that hasn't been as rough as the Shoe. I can see us going 9-3. I am a little concerned about Appalachian State to open, they will be ready and Pitt is probably already game planning for us this week. Need to be ready to play the first two games! OSU, MSU and at Michigan our the three I think we lose.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT